• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Please help out with financially supporting this community via Patreon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to know i never used Patreon before (and i'm not currently interested in use it now), and i'm not particularly fond of monthly/weekly/daily subscriptions in general.

I always prefered to give tips when i'm certain i can afford it, so i would rather keep my current method of payment if its possible.
Something I have done before, is Patroning someone for a high amount, and canceling it once the payment goes through so I don't get charged for another month.

That could also work, but Stefano's current 1-year membership has not ended yet.

Yes, and also preferably use the same anonymous email address as here.

@Antvasima
Hop was wondering if we still need to message the Patreon account to associate the user with the VSBW account. Currently Hop plans to begin May 1st (and disable ad blocker) when present on the wiki.

@Antvasima
Hop was wondering if we still need to message the Patreon account to associate the user with the VSBW account. Currently Hop plans to begin May 1st (and disable ad blocker) when present on the wiki.
I don't quite understand what you mean. Please elaborate.

You need to use "Hop" or somesuch as your Patreon username for us to be able to know who you are here.
I am seeing here that it will be renewed on May 1st?
is it not supposed to be a 30 days interval? or to avoid been double charged, I can just do it on may 1st?
Patreon always automatically renews ongoing subscriptions on the first day of each month. You can wait until May 1st if you prefer.

Should we set up a monthly/yearly donation goal? Not sure how much we make up off ads, but if it's not enough, we can at least see if we're making enough to keep meeting our goal.

Thinking of pledging myself if I have enough to as well.

I do not think that a Patreon donation goal seems helpful, given how comparatively few people who have signed up so far, but let's wait and see what happens in that regard.

I don't quite understand what you mean. Please elaborate.

You need to use "Hop" or somesuch as your Patreon username for us to be able to know who you are here.
That cannot be done as Hop shares the Patreon account with another person, and would violate the name of said individual being as they appear in the "Supporters list" of other creators. Hop also cannot make a second account for Patreon for other reasons (such as shared payment methods in use on the shared account), as Patreon flags attempts to do so (likely to prevent creators from following/subscribing to themselves with bots or sock accounts thereby artificially having "more" backers).

To fix this, Hop can simply send a private message to the VSBW Patreon account (if they allow us to) and inform you it is associated with Hop. Alternatively, we can temporarily change the name of that Patreon account to "Hop" and change it back after Support is added to Hop's VSBW account, if that makes it easier. But it would be temporary so the other creators do not alter the name of the main account holder in the "Supporters list(s)".

Hmm. That sounds complicated to keep track of every month.

Perhaps it would be easier to donate for a year via our Ko-fi account instead in your case, until Patreon allows 1-year subscriptions for us as well?

Yes, now is a good time to sign up.

Thank you. It is appreciated. It helps us to break even or only take a small loss from sustaining this site.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I have recently been told that we currently only receive roughly 21 Euros per month in Patreon donations, and that, despite our advertisements, with all of our running costs for this forum combined, we need roughly 250 Euros per month for this forum to become financially secure, so it would be really great if at least a few dozen of our up to 236,000 monthly forum visitors, who appreciate our extreme efforts to produce as high-quality content as we are able, would be willing and able to become supporters for us. Extremely big thanks for any help in this regard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back