• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Please help out with financially supporting this community via Patreon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

As many of you likely know, we have launched a subscription service, so our members can donate to help keep our forum sufficiently financed to continue.

However, the previous version that we launched via Ko-fi did not work out very well for us, as it seems like Paypal is not an available option for potential subscribers, and some payment cards were not accepted either.

As such, we have started a Patreon account instead, and would greatly appreciate help from our community and visitors who are willing to help us out.

To become an active supporter of our community, you should go to https://www.patreon.com/vsbattles and become a monthly member. After we have a sufficiently established presence at Patreon, we will also get the ability to accept less expensive yearly subscriptions.

To show our appreciation for the people with member accounts who help our community in this manner, they will receive an advertisement-free experience when browsing vsbattles.com as long as they continue to support us, and they will also receive personal blue "Supporter" badges below their usernames, similar to the ones for our staff members

In order to do so, at Patreon, please choose one of the monthly subscription/membership tiers (either 2 Euros for a "Supporter" badge or 5 Euros for a "Super Supporter" badge) and use the exact same username as you use in the VS Battles forum.

We will not receive any personal information as long as you use an anonymous email address as your contact information combined with the same username that you use here, and only see that along with your membership tier. If you already have a Patreon account with your regular email address or real name, the account in question can easily be updated to use anonymous alternatives before you become a supporter for us.

If Patreon itself (we have not added this feature) asks you if you want to provide your real name and home address to us (that happened to me once), simply opt out of that part.

If you want to support us above this to get us financially sustainable quicker, you are of course always welcome to make a larger donation, but be careful to not pay more money than you can afford.

For those who cannot support us financially, we of course appreciate if you accept our advertisements and contribute to the financing of our forum in that way instead.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Supporter.jpg

Also, as information for those of you who are already supporting us via Ko-fi, please cancel your subscriptions there and sign up to Patreon instead. It will greatly simplify keeping track for us, as all of the automatic payments happen the first day of every month.

Those who have signed up for year-long memberships will obviously keep them until they run out, and can sign up to Patreon afterwards.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I have recently been told that we currently only receive roughly 21 Euros per month in Patreon donations, and that, despite our advertisements, with all of our running costs for this forum combined, we need roughly 250 Euros per month for this forum to become financially secure, so it would be really great if at least a few dozen of our up to 236,000 monthly forum visitors, who appreciate our extreme efforts to produce as high-quality content as we are able, would be willing and able to become supporters for us. Extremely big thanks for any help in this regard.

Last edited:
As much as I'd like to support this, Patreon is unfortunately not available in my country nor are the payment options legal. PayPal is literally forbidden and I don't think Bangladeshi credit cards are accepted on Patreon.

No problem. Thank you for helping out as a staff member.

Tried it, didn't work. Seems Russia is off limits. More than fair though.

If someone will find a way, pm me, please.

Thank you anyway. It is appreciated that you tried.

Hello.

As many of you likely know, we have launched a subscription service, so our members can donate to help keep our forum sufficiently financed to continue.

However, the previous version that we launched via Ko-fi did not work out very well for us, as it seems like Paypal is not an available option for potential subscribers, and some payment cards were not accepted either.

As such, we have started a Patreon account instead, and would greatly appreciate help from our community and visitors who are willing to help us out.

To become an active supporter of our community, you should go to https://www.patreon.com/vsbattles and become a monthly member. After we have a sufficiently established presence at Patreon, we will also get the ability to accept less expensive yearly subscriptions.

To show our appreciation for the people with member accounts who help our community in this manner, they will receive an advertisement-free experience when browsing vsbattles.com as long as they continue to support us, and they will also receive personal blue "Supporter" badges below their usernames, similar to the ones for our staff members

In order to do so, at Patreon, please choose one of the monthly subscription/membership tiers (either 2 Euros for a "Supporter" badge or 5 Euros for a "Super Supporter" badge) and use the exact same username as you use in the VS Battles forum. We will not receive any personal information, only see your username and membership tier.

If Patreon itself (we have not added this feature) asks you if you want to provide your real name and home address to us (that happened to me once), simply opt out of that part.

If you want to support us above this to get us financially sustainable quicker, you are of course always welcome to make a larger donation, but be careful to not pay more money than you can afford.

For those who cannot support us financially, we of course appreciate if you accept our advertisements and contribute to the financing of our forum in that way instead.

Thanks in advance for any help.

View attachment 253

Also, as information for those of you who are already supporting us via Ko-fi, please cancel your subscriptions there and sign up to Patreon instead. It will greatly simplify keeping track for us, as all of the automatic payments happen the first day of every month.

Those who have signed up for year-long memberships will obviously keep them until they run out, and can sign up to Patreon afterwards.
I'm very sorry for this, because I don't have Paypal myself, because in my country I rarely use it

You don't need Paypal to send money through Patreon! At least for me, in Australia, I was able to set it up with just my debit card details.

Excuse me sir antvasima,as you know i'm a new user on this vsb, and i want to ask how to get the badge of VSBattles

You don't need Paypal to send money through Patreon! At least for me, in Australia, I was able to set it up with just my debit card details.
Bangladesh is on Patreon's shitlist I believe. No cards from there allowed. It's why I constantly cry and sob about not being able to buy high-end action figures online.

I do not have a patreon account, so I cannot give financial support atm, but I hope I can soon and others do too.

I do not have a patreon account, so I cannot give financial support atm, but I hope I can soon and others do too.
Thank you, but given how extremely hard you help out here, it seems mean for me to expect that you in particular should offer even more support.

Last edited:
Excuse me sir antvasima,as you know i'm a new user on this vsb, and i want to ask how to get the badge of VSBattles
You need to sign up to Patreon with an anonymous email address and the same username as here (you can change both later if you make a mistake), and then either connect a PayPal account or a Visa or Mastercard to it. Then you sign up for either our Supporter or Super Supporter membership. After that, AKM should hopefully be able to give you a badge that removes all advertisements here reasonably quickly.

See further instructions at the top of this thread.

I updated the first post of this thread with new information that was previously unknown to me:

"We will not receive any personal information as long as you use an anonymous email address as your contact information, and only see that along with your username and membership tier. If you already have a Patreon account with your regular email address, it can easily be updated to an anonymous alternative before you become a supporter for us."

Last edited:
You have my trifling funds at your disposal.

Thank you very much for helping out, but only support us if you can afford it.

Thank you for helping out. All help is appreciated.

Well given I spend alot of time here I may as well give 3 bucks a month, I have done it.

Only a supporter but hey its something.
As I said earlier in this thread, you should really update your Patreon username to the same one that you use here, and use an anonymous email address there as well. I will do my best to forget anything that I saw in the meantime.

No problem and thank you for helping out.

No problem. I only saw it briefly, and have a bad memory, but please fix your Patreon account settings.

Thank you, but that is not what I meant. It should be possible to quite easily adjust the settings for the used email address and username for the account your used originally. As it is I can see the information for both of your accounts, including your real world name in the original one, and you have paid twice as well.

You should probably try to first update the information in your original Patreon account, and then cancel your subscription for one of them.

You will receive a Super Supporter membership for your first month in any case.

Thank you, but that is not what I meant. It should be possible to quite easily adjust the settings for the used email address and username for the account your used originally. As it is I can see the information for both of your accounts, including your real world name in the original one, and you have paid twice as well.
Well I changed the name for the other one but the changing the email is being finicky

Okay. It is probably because you created another account with that email. I managed to change my own private Patreon account's contact email address quite some time ago.

You should probably cancel your subscription with your "Psycho" account, and continue with the "PsychoWarper" account in any case.

Okay. No problem. I asked AKM to give you a Super Supporter membership for your first month.

As I said earlier in this thread, you should really update your Patreon username to the same one that you use here, and use an anonymous email address there as well. I will do my best to forget anything that I saw in the meantime.
The benefit of having a really stupid gmail account whose default name is the same as your VSBW name. I'm simply too powerful to be stopped.

@Stefano4444 @StrawHatArslan @Eminiteable @FinePoint @JTGamer96

Just to know i never used Patreon before (and i'm not currently interested in use it now), and i'm not particularly fond of monthly/weekly/daily subscriptions in general.

I always prefered to give tips when i'm certain i can afford it, so i would rather keep my current method of payment if its possible.

Hmm. The problem is that it is very hard for us to keep track of the payments that way, since they come at random dates from different people, but you can always continue to do yearly payments via Ko-fi if you are really averse to using Patreon, and then inform me about it via PMs, so we can renew your membership here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back