• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Phoenix Runihura vs Rimuru Tempest

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
As stated in Phoenix's trivia section, Rimuru Tempest alongside all of the Tensei Slime universe was the inspiration for his character and his entire roleplay.

But can he beat his inspiration? Let's find out.

Phoenix Runihura is in his Apollyon Key against Rimuru Tempest's Light Novel Slime Key. Both are 6-C, and both are OP as ****.

Attack Potency:
Phoenix Runihura
- Baseline (4.3 Gigatons), 5 Gigatons with Magic and Weapons. 29.6 Exatons with Telekinesis.
Rimuru Tempest - 8.4 Gigatons. 59.44 Zettatons to 136.066 Tenatons with Gluttony.
AP Gap: 1.68 to 1.95x (Minor)

Speed is Equalized. The battle takes place in a colosseum.

Phoenix Runihura: 3
Rimuru Tempest:
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Alright, what are Phoenix's wincons here as he doesn't have smurf stuff in this key.

So from what I see, I think Phoenix has a few options.

Phoenix's passive negates Rimuru's regeneration. Meaning he can potentially destroy Rimuru utilizing his Black Fire and Phoenix Arts to atomically erase him completely.

He can also break down Rimuru's body with Authority of Destruction or potentially void him.

If Rimuru fights in his Human form, Phoenix's chains and telekinesis will be useful in holding Rimuru down due to Class Z LS. Which will make attacking him much easier. He could maybe even squish him into a paste.

Phoenix's 67% Damage Reduction + 50% Magic Reduction means Rimuru will be doing not much damage to Phoenix. Meaning he can potentially win through versatility and prolonging of the fight as Rimuru is unable to regenerate.

Wait a minute, Phoenix has Type 5 Immortality which Rimuru can't get through, and he also has a lot of things that are dangerous enough to instakill Rimuru from what I know, doesn't he kinda stomp? Unless there's something I don't know and there's some context to these abilities or Rimuru can somehow counter them idk.

Gluttony + Regen Negation would "kill" Phoenix.
He has overpowered Sleep Manipulation that could incap him potentially.
Anti-Magic Barrier could be useful.
Other than that he can also try and beat Phoenix down and possibly absorb him, which would indeed "kill" him.

both can negate the others regeneration

From the profile, Phoenix appears to have a causality barrier that could possibly give him the win, and he also has that limited Type 3 Madness Manip, can Rimuru counter that? From what I remember, Rimuru usually analyzes his enemies which would mean that Phoenix's Type 3 Madness Manip activates, and wouldn't that affect him?

Rimuru resist Type 2 Madness to a degree of 200000 people, so he'll be fine.

Phoenix's causality barrier deletes the first two attacks dished out by Rimuru. That's about it.

Tho I should mention he has 3 lives via Tier 0 resurrection.

I thought you needed to specifically resist Type 3 to be unaffected?

Yeah I saw on the profile, that gives Phoenix the edge if he instantly responds with a fatal attack, but what does he start with normally?

Bruh if he has 3 lives then wouldn't he win this one pretty easily?

Type 3 Madness is just passive madness manipulation iirc.

And his is in the form of mental attacks/mind manipulation so I think Rimuru should be fine.

Phoenix usually starts with a combination of fire attacks, martial arts, psychic abilities, and chains.

If things go south he'll start using more serious abilities such as the Witch powers to copy and erase Rimuru's magic stuff. But that is risky since using them harms his body.

I haven't read slime in a while so I might've forgotten some stuff, but I'm pretty sure Rimuru doesn't immediately start with fatal attacks so that might give an edge to Phoenix.

Rimuru for sure doesn't use Gluttony that much except that one time he was threatened while fighting Hinata, so he'll probably save it for when Phoenix gets threatening, but Phoenix could win by beating Rimuru before that happens.

Currently, I can see this going either way.

Also does Phoenix's causality barrier disappear for the entire fight after those 2 attacks, or will it reappear? Like after a certain amount of time or after he resurrects?

Phoenix might have the edge simply due to him have 3 lives to beat Rimuru due to tier 0 3-time resurrection.

Hm, I think Phoenix wins here more often than not, as he has plenty of chances to beat Rimuru and even if Rimuru does decide to use Gluttony, he still has 3 lives and can use those to beat him. I'm leaning more towards Phoenix here.

I vote Phoenix Runihura.
This is totally not because he's married to my OC.

I'm voting because I'm familiar with his moveset. I feel like Phoenix wins here despite Rimuru's hax. Phoenix could use his authorities to pull off a win.

Ayyy gg totally not biased vote from crimsonpyre

Ye authorities probably just nuke Rimuru's body if he gets the chance to use them.

Back