• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Part 1 : Massive Warhammer Fantasy revision to cosmology (except it's way more complicated)

inb4 gets popcorn
inb4 this is gonna be good
inb4 isn't Slaanesh 'trapped' in Age of Sigmar

Apologies the scans are so small, please click on them and they are fine.

Please don't knee jerk reaction to this without reading the whole blog (I know its long)

TLDR while it's complicated and it's going to make scaling weird essentially the warp connects all Warhammer settings. Disputing this is essentially denying an absolute mountain of scans/direct statements from GW (most of them recent)

Most people know that Fantasy was in it's early life connected to 40k and that their connections where 'Retconned'. This literally never happened and all that did change was that GW stopped adding new races that where essentially just 'space' versions of fantasy races (see the Squats etc), except they deliberately and explicitly have gone out of their way to connect Daemons and the Realm of Chaos/the Warp/The Emperyan to all settings with direct statements from multiple GW staff/White Dwarves/Armybooks for all 3 settings/Side content/direct statements on their website. This isn't just an alternate version of the warp in all settings, it is directly described as the same and while this creates a large number of contradictions (which I go over in my blog in a huge amount of detail) disconnecting the settings as the fandom tends to do is essentially headcannon (see the community deciding the End Times isn't cannon)

The purpose of the revision is to get it accepted that the warp connects all Warhammer settings. Changes to scaling/profiles will come later due to the magnitude of this single change.

Shout out to the boys in the Fantasy Discord for your help with putting this together.

Agree: 9 (3 mods)

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿
Popcorn stand here! Get your popcorn here!

And please keep the debate civil, it's just Warhammer Fantasy becoming even more broken then it used to be.

So the blog already establishes and tackles the issues of cross-scaling and verse equalization between Psykers and Mages, and the supposed retconning of their connection.

So to my understanding, this is simply meant to clarify that while the world of Warhammer Fantasy Battles was never in the galaxy of 40k and that Sigmar was never a lost Primarch, both settings still share an explicit connection through the Realm of Chaos.

So the blog already establishes and tackles the issues of cross-scaling and verse equalization between Psykers and Mages, and the supposed retconning of their connection.

So to my understanding, this is simply meant to clarify that while the world of Warhammer Fantasy Battles was never in the galaxy of 40k and that Sigmar was never a lost Primarch, both settings still share an explicit connection through the Realm of Chaos.
yes

Since I assume the implications will be taken care of in a separate CRT, I'll summarize on my thoughts purely on the canonicity of the Realm of Chaos connecting all settings instead:

Pros:
  • This does certainly explain GW's current attitude of selling minis that are useable in both Age of Sigmar and 40k, as shown in the blog with Wrath and Rapture, so the Realm of Chaos linking both settings would further explain this
  • There is no explicit contradiction as far as I'm aware of anything that would shut down this idea
  • The White Dwarf January 2018 scan is particularly convincing, as it not only explains the presence of Daemons in both settings, it also explains why there are units exclusive to Age of Sigmar and 40k
Cons
  • GW is notorious for self-contradiction and lore drops that are plainly dumb and stupid, though that would require a lot of dismissal of present material that GW puts out over the years
  • I know it's been acknowledged but the implications of this brings a lot of contradictions that needs to be worked out, though I guess that hasn't stopped GW with even just one setting lmao
With that I'll agree on this post

• I know it's been acknowledged but the implications of this brings a lot of contradictions that needs to be worked out, though I guess that hasn't stopped GW with even just one setting lmao
The Contradictions are important, it's just GW doesn't seem to care and we would essentially be making up our own head cannon to suggest otherwise.

Was asked to comment, I'm not knowledgeable on the verse, I just like grimdark.

@Crabwhale should absolutely be called here, though, and @Holyhotsauce too. They're the experts of the verse and it is their job to deem this right or not. We, without context, can't really tell worth a damn if it's right or not. And this is a fairly major change.

That is all.

Was asked to comment, I'm not knowledgeable on the verse, I just like grimdark.

@Crabwhale should absolutely be called here, though, and @Holyhotsauce too. They're the experts of the verse and it is their job to deem this right or not. We, without context, can't really tell worth a damn if it's right or not. And this is a fairly major change.

That is all.
Crab has been notified and Holy also knows.

If you listen very carefully you can hear the sound of me choking Black to death with a pillow.

For real though, as much as I begrudge this change I have no real basis to oppose it. Everyone here did their research. HOWEVER, if and when the time comes for any potential changes to the Fantasy versions of the CGs, I will be there as well for I have a few concerns regarding them.

Didn't slaanesh get trapped in age of sigmar while getting popcorn? I'm sure a lot of eldar said "this is going to be good" when they heard about that.

I'll read this in a bit

If you listen very carefully you can hear the sound of me choking Black to death with a pillow.

For real though, as much as I begrudge this change I have no real basis to oppose it. Everyone here did their research. HOWEVER, if and when the time comes for any potential changes to the Fantasy versions of the CGs, I will be there as well for I have a few concerns regarding them.
Your going to want to discuss that with Blackcurrant and Soma King then, because it is definitely a "when".

Back