• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overgrown Rover vs Rider (Fate/Zero) (Grace Period)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, Garou has survived and exessive amount of punisment before and kept fighting. He's also fought overwhelming odds before too. bump

I mean Rider has that minor fate manipulation which makes weapons that can change causality to get negated. So I honestly don't see a way for Garou to win this due to that BS.

@Gargoyle

Probably. Monsters in OPM would all fall under the Monstrous Beast category and this is Half-Monster Garou. Therefore he would have some Mystery.

@Apies

In the Nasuverse, Mystery is defined by, well, how mysterious something is. The power of magical stuff in the Nasuverse is almost always proportional to how old it is. This is why magi from the Age of Gods (the time of mythology and ancient history) are so much more powerful than magi in the modern world. Because so much couldn't be explained by things like "logic" and science wasn't really a thing back then, Mystery was rich and thus magic was easy to come by.

Servants are Divine Mysteries due to the nature of their summoning and their individual magical power. Because of this, they cannot be harmed by modern weapons like guns, bombs, and knives simply because they don't have enough Mystery to match the Servant's spiritual bodies. There needs to be some kind of mysterious or magical component for a Servant to be affected. Hence, a paper knife filled with magical energy is far more threatening to a Servant than a tactical nuke.

In this case, Garou is already Half-Monster, meaning that he would fall under the title of "Monstrous Human" due to being halfway into his transformation into a Monstrous Beast. Thus he should have no problems punching Rider or any of the other Servants in Ionoi Hetaroi since Monstrous Beasts have Mystery.

How powerful is Rider's mindhax? And does he tend to lead with that? Cause otherwise, I think Rover might have this, as he is simply too durable and too powerful. He can keep up with Rider, and use his energy blasts to maxiumum potential.

Yes, and since I changed one of the combatants, we have just the one. Though we may not have had any votes before anyway...

Rover - 1

Rider - 0

Least we got one. Maybe if you really are looking for voters, find the fans of One Punch Man and Fate/Zero, and ask them if they wanna have a sqizz over the thread

I can't find Rover's exact AP/where it scales from.

I know Rider is pretty far into Mountain level due to scaling from Excaliblast, which would greatly mess up Rover.

Not to mention supernatural luck and his reality Marble, which would both overwhelm Rover pretty easily. Rider takes this low-diff if he pulls off Ionioi Hetairoi, mid-diff if he sticks to his typical phantasms. He can also fly around with Gordius run over and around Rover while hitting him with lightning, which would wear him down even if Rover had an Dura advantage, which, from what I'm aware of, it doesn't.

Rover is extremely far into Mountain level. He's much stronger than the combined might of Bang, Bomb, Fubuki, and Genos. They couldn't even scratch Rover with their strongest attack, wheras Bang and Bomb alone were able to completely shatter Elder Centipede's carapace with a weaker attack. Elder Centipede is comparable to Gouketsu by the way. Rover toyed with the same Garou that was able to curbstomp three demon level threats. I don't know much about the other character, but I still vote for Rover.

I reiterate that Rider can just maneuver around him with Gordius and bolt him, or pull him into his reality Marbel and overwhealm it with sheer numbers. Also, Supernatural Luck.

I'd need a link to a calc.

Can you really overwhelm him with numbers? How this numbers can deal with Rover durability? I think Rover just destroy it with a little spam of his energy balls.

So I heard once that most of Rider's army is 7-B. If that's the case, Rover could easily one shot most of the army with some well placed mouth blasts.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Rover - 2
Nobody's really adressed how Rider can just fly around him and bolt him with Gordius.

Ionian Hetaroi would be well into Mountain level, considering that it's much higher in rank than Gordius Wheel and Via Expugnatio, and it was also able to hold off the monster Gilles summoned for a pretty decent amount of time, something which took the combined efforts of Saber, Lancer, and Rider beforehand.

Also, I'm voting Rider, if that wasn't blindingly obvious before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back