• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ovens' Creature Feature Bracket Round 4: Chojuro Kon vs Shooto Katsuragi

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
dragon-monster-fight-peril-of-guarding-by-alector-fencer-wallpaper-preview.jpg

Round 1
Chojuro Kon vs Shooto Katsuragi

EgNn-r9U8AA4oc3.jpg:large
latest

Rules are in the bracket hub. May the best monster win.

Bracket Hub

Chimera's biggest advantage here is his AP, he's scaling above 8.12 Tons, while Katsuragi scales to 2.24 Tons. However as noted on his profile, his power continues to increase with rage and negative emotions.

How high can this guy increase his strength, and how fast does it happen?

Hasn't he fought other people, how quickly does his power increase? I'm pretty sure we can't assume a character with Rage Power can reach any level of strength they wants, nor that they can reach that level instantly. I'm pretty sure if he just gets vaguely stronger without any statements or showings on how fast his strength increases, and how high he can increase his strength, he cannot close the gap in AP. At most, not in any meaningful amount of time.

Chimera is easily superior to a 8.12 Ton character, while Shooto is starting strength seems to be 2.24 Tons. He's over 3.5x weaker than Sato, who he treated like a joke.

Your two links don't work, just get access denied for both of them. Despite Chimera's appearance, he's never shown any type of enhanced sense from his animal appearance. So I'm not sure how we'd go about that.

I believe Chimera's fire breath might be effective here, since his flames are superior to Shoto's flames, which are hot enough to melt steel. How hot were the flames Shooto's resisted?

Well, it was his rage that caused him to entered this form and there was no further explanation. Keep in mind that his negative emotions doesn't stop after that. He may not able to close the AP gap but it still make up to his disadvantage. He did fought other heroes but they were lot weaker than him and he juct act based on instinct rather than proper combat.

This is the link before. Nevertheless, his scream should be able to stun him for a while.

I haven't it for a long time but it probably baseline resistance.

I doubt it, just being able to vaguely increase his strength with rage shouldn't be assumed to cover a gap that wide. I don't see any stunning/paralysis in the page you linked, though I don't think we're allow to link to illegal manga sites anymore. If you have a scan I'd imagine you should just upload the necessary picture to imgur or some other site, or tell me the manga chapter and I can look it up myself.

I also don't see any paralysis on his page either, which seems to be becoming a problem. Characters having abilities that aren't on their page.

Is this paralysis so strong that he can freeze Chimera instantly and make it impossible to move?

It's on chapter 59 page 32.

I think you're misunderstanding here. His scream can send cars and people flying, if you were in that position wouldn't you be paralyzed from the soundwaves?

It won't be a permanent effect but it will leave Chimera's in frenzy for a bit.

Yes, because I'm a normal human. In fact a scream that powerful would probably kill me. What does that have to do with Chimera?

I don't get what you're trying to say, why is this paralysis inducement or would freeze an opponent? Does it posses feats of paralysis people? Also why would it put Chimera in a frenzy?

Please provide evidence for this, if what you're saying is true then why aren't you bringing up the chapters of where he does this? Show his scream freezing people in place due to it's loud noise, just because his scream can make a shockwave strong enough to lift cars, doesn't mean he can paralysis people.

Sound manipulation doesn't grant paralysis.

Going to be honest, I'm vote for Chimera.

Shooto seems like a uncontrollable berserker in this state, so I imagine he doesn't posses the martial art skills needed to overcome the AP disadvantage. His ranged attacks aren't all that special either, as Chimera himself can shoot out blast of fire from his mouth that carry large amount of forces. Or can avoid or even disperse them with a punch.

While rage power will increase his stats, I haven't seen any evidence that he can increase his strength in a fast enough time to overwhelm him. The wind pressure of Chimera's own punches might even be effective here, as they're strong enough to shatter Todoroki's ice which can block attacks from High 8-C characters who are 4.79 tons.

Please provide evidence for this, if what you're saying is true then why aren't you bringing up the chapters of where he does this? Show his scream freezing people in place due to it's loud noise, just because his scream can make a shockwave strong enough to lift cars, doesn't mean he can paralysis people.

Sound manipulation doesn't grant paralysis.
A jet take off caused eardrum rupture. His scream can literally send cars flying which is stronger. At close distance, Chimera would experienced intense pain in his ears.

Read some of the chapters, seems like he roared at a group of heroes and they weren't stunned by his scream. Also he seems to have a habit of tanking attacks, since he stood there doing nothing while a group of people attacked him. That won't go well for him with Chimera, though he'd know how strong he is after the first hit. How many times does this guy even produce this powerful shockwave with his scream?

That means literally nothing, he needs to provide evidence of his screams doing the same thing. You can't just assume it can because reasons. The impact of Chimera's fist can create wind pressure strong enough to shatter ice. The noise that would make would be far louder than a jet engine as well.

Doesn't mean he can rupture ear drums by punching.

Bakugo can make explosions that are bigger than buildings, that should be loud enough to destroy anyone's ears but they don't. Nor do we assume he can. Unless you can provide evidence of his scream destroying a person's ears?

It was listed as sound manip for a reason. I know that fiction doesn't work the same as reality but i was trying to proven it based on real life example.

I understand that his soundwaves won't be a game-breaking power because its alone cannot won against Chimera.

Anyway, Chimera should take this.

I'd like to apologies for my bad attitude, I try not to act like that but still get carried away.

But yeah even if his sound was capable of that, I imagine it wouldn't stop Chimera's rush.

This battle seems to be a brawl, right? Shooto is a raging monster if I get it correctly.

I vote Chojuro for his higher ap, extremely important in a fistfight like this, and him not being a berserker would allow him to better think and act during the fact, which is decisive given the stats. Fire breath and energy attacks are likely comparable to each other in terms of usage, although Chojuro's blast is stronger and could burn Shooto, who also has air pressure attacks to back it up.

Even in LS Chojuro should be superior, this is definitely higher than class 5.

Back