• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Welp. If we're not going to rebuff the entire verse, might as well rebuff a handful of characters that have no excuse for their current stats... Getting through this quickly, there's two adjustments I think should be made.

First off, the Legion of Stationary (which is currently just Hole Punch and Colored Pencils) as well as Paper Mario, Paper Bowser Jr, and Paper Kamek, plus Paper Bowser if he ever gets a profile, should scale to the Hole Punch being able to remove the sun from the sky. Whether that uses the standard Solar System level "destroying the sun" calc, a generic "Star level" placement, or requires a new calc, idk.

Then we get to King Olly, who within his fight folds the very fabric of reality. While we only see the immediate vicinity actively folding during the boss fight, we can see origami blocks stretching well out into the background, far beyond what remaining pillars of the Origami Castle didn't fall into the void below. This would also be supported by the Thousand Cranes Technique being considered "real, ultimate power", matching Olly's statements about his own Origami Power.

In the past, it's been argued that the statement was too vague to be used, but discussion leaned somewhat towards the possibility of this being viable. Given we outright see Olly Origamifying all visible surroundings, I think there is an argument to be made.

So briefly assuming that this is viable and we wouldn't just upscale Olly from the Legion of Stationary, the part that gets a bit more tricky is whether this should be put as Olly's base stats or an "Empowered by Origami" key. This part of the boss fight goes out of its way to emphasize how Origami empowers individuals, leading to Olivia folding Bowser to "strengthen [him] too". But at the same time, Olly is already made of and is constantly surrounded by Origami, implying he's always benefiting from the power of origami as he's already been shown to be capable of grand origamification prior to this reveal.

Even taking into account that his pre-fight plan was to use the cranes to perform the mass genocide of non-origami beings, after transforming into a giant, he talks about how his new power should be more than enough.

So this should probably get discussed a bit, but my guess is that King Olly should just have this as his base stats, given Olivia could also use this same power when folding Bowser. Olivia then scales to this and Mario and Bowser should also get a "Empowered by Origami" tier.

TL;DR
  • Legion of Stationary and Recurring Cast (putting Island Level as a "Pre-Origami King" key and creating a new "Post-Origami King" key) should scale to Hole Punch removing the Sun (Solar System Level?)
  • King Olly and Olivia, plus Mario and Bowser with "Empowered by Origami" tiers, should scale to King Olly folding the fabric of reality (Universal).
    • If considered too vague, upscale King Olly and Olivia to Hole Punch and give Mario and Bowser a "Higher when empowered by Origami" rating

After reading, I can come to the conclusion that you forgot where you are and so this is typical darn mario wank as usual grrrrr i hate mario hes never gonna be tier 4-3
King Olly and Olivia, plus Mario and Bowser with "Empowered by Origami" tiers, should scale to King Olly folding the fabric of reality (Universal).
Jokes aside I completely agree with this. Good find and nice to learn about this. At worst its possibly, since Olivia says "it could strengthen you too"

First off, the Legion of Stationary (which is currently just Hole Punch and Colored Pencils) as well as Paper Mario, Paper Bowser Jr, and Paper Kamek, plus Paper Bowser if he ever gets a profile, should scale to the Hole Punch being able to remove the sun from the sky. Whether that uses the standard Solar System level "destroying the sun" calc, a generic "Star level" placement, or requires a new calc, idk.
I think, people misunderstand the context of the 4-B calculation, that mostly consists of feats where people destroy a pocket dimension containing both an Earth and a Sun, with the sun being at the edge and the Earth being the center. And making use of inverse square law, where even the edge of an explosion is enough to destroy the sun. In the case of Hole Punch's feat, it would just be a regular star level feat.

But anyway, I have always supported that Origami King folding up the "Very fabric of reality/the universe" to be outright universal. And it's also consistent with a Low 2-C durability feat Mario, Peach, and Bowser have in Super Paper Mario; destruction of World 6.

Back