• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM Demon Tournament Round 4: Sonic VS Awakened Cockroach (7-2-0)

Sonic: Emirp sumitpo, Shaiye, GlaceonGamez471, Scorby3050, Sonicflare9, EnderLord8, ZoroNotZolo

VS

Awakened Cockroach: Quangotjokes, Ourosboros

Speed is not equalized

The Sonic that fought G4 Genos is being used

Battle takes place in the Z-City Ghost Town

Scenario: Awakened Cockroach encounters Sonic near one of the entrances to the MA Base. The latter got lost looking for Saitama's apartment. Awakened Cockroach decides to eliminate this foolish human who wandered into MA territory and Sonic decides to test out his new skills on this monster as a good warmup before facing Saitama.

Last edited:
This is pretty interesting

Right off the bat, awakened cockroach is the faster one. The scaling chain is:

Awakened Cockroach => Genos = Base Sonic

Awakened cockroach isn't that much faster for him to stomp Sonic, and the 2 are still comparable in AP, scaling off of Genos, tho one could argue that Sonic might be stronger as Genos likely could've stomped AC the moment he got trapped, but this is iffy. AC could use his superior speed to pin down Sonic with much greater LS, but considering this is in chgaracters, AC is likely to toy around with Sonic and not actually finish him off.

This leads to AC's downfall. Sonic could then use Ten Shadows Burial to increase his speed, where at this point he'd likely be faster than AC, as Genos could still somewhat keep up with AC despite being slower, where as Genos could not keep up with TSB Sonic at all and needed to use a large OE attack to win, whereas AC has no similar attack.

Sonic is also far more skilled than AC is, and could his superior skill to just take him down.

In conclusion, both have comparable AP, and AC could take this with his superior speed and LS, but his overconfidence and him liking to toy with his opponents means that Sonic could use the TSB to become faster and overwhelm AC with his far superior skill

Sonic wins

I feel like AC should take this. They both should be relative in speed with AC being able to automatically dodge via Sonics killing intent. Genos was able to catch up to base Sonic where as AC was casual and Genos couldn't keep up at all.

Sonic was bread to kill so its likely he won't be able to hide his killing instincts

AC gets my vote

I feel like AC should take this. They both should be relative in speed with AC being able to automatically dodge via Sonics killing intent. Genos was able to catch up to base Sonic where as AC was casual and Genos couldn't keep up at all.

Sonic was bread to kill so its likely he won't be able to hide his killing instincts

AC gets my vote
AC won't finish Sonic off tho, that would allow sonic time for him to get faster. Also what has killing instinct got to do with anything?

If anything, that's an advantage for sonic, as AC likes to toy with his opponents while sonic goes straight for the kill

Awakened Cockroach should have a speed and AP advantage, if we're scaling from Genos. After 20 minutes of fighting with Sonic, Genos could still say: "attack all you want, you can't scratch me."

Even if Sonic's special techniques did scale to Genos (which is unconfirmed since we never saw that play out), it still took Sonic 20 minutes of fighting before he actually pulled out that technique- so I'm not sure he would pull out techniques on that level until it was too late.

AC on the other hand, parried Genos's physical attacks with his bare arms and he actually managed to reduce Genos's damaged arm to nothing off-panel between chapter 63 and 64 and cracked Genos's face- more than Sonic did in 20 minutes.

I bet on AC via speed and AP advantage, Sonic has some good techniques that might do damage but he wouldn't start with them because he's overly arrogant.

Sonic is also laughably more skilled, which is something that AC lacks entirely as all he does is slash at his opponent.

Awakened Cockroach should have a speed and AP advantage, if we're scaling from Genos. After 20 minutes of fighting with Sonic, Genos could still say: "attack all you want, you can't scratch me."

Even if Sonic's special techniques did scale to Genos (which is unconfirmed since we never saw that play out), it still took Sonic 20 minutes of fighting before he actually pulled out that technique- so I'm not sure he would pull out techniques on that level until it was too late.

AC on the other hand, parried Genos's physical attacks with his bare arms and he actually managed to reduce Genos's damaged arm to nothing off-panel between chapter 63 and 64 and cracked Genos's face- more than Sonic did in 20
Sonic only pulled out the technique once he realized that his normal can't win, he's arrogant but he isn't dumb.

And the only reason AC lasted that long was his speed, he isn't anything spectacular without it. In fact, he got scared the moment he got stuck and when Genos awas about to shoot him.

In fact, with AC blitzing him, sonic is gonna realize he can't normally and resort to TSB. And by then AC can't do anything not that Sonic is likely matched with him.

Sonic only pulled out the technique once he realized that his normal can't win, he's arrogant but he isn't dumb.

And the only reason AC lasted that long was his speed, he isn't anything spectacular without it.

In fact, with AC blitzing him, sonic is gonna realize he can't normally and resort to TSB.
Sonic still waited 20 minutes to use a technique that might actually do something, and it remains to be seen if it would have done anything to Genos. After all, Sonic started the battle so confident Genos would meet his fate but still waited for Genos to accelerate before he pulled out higher level techniques.

Sonic kept dodging Genos's physical attacks, whereas AC was parrying them and doing damage on the rebound. AC is immediately going to get in there and start doing damage and if Sonic doesn't come up with answers very quickly he'll be overwhelmed and bodied.

Sonic still waited 20 minutes to use a technique that might actually do something, and it remains to be seen if it would have done anything to Genos. After all, Sonic started the battle so confident Genos would meet his fate but still waited for Genos to accelerate before he pulled out higher level techniques.

Sonic kept dodging Genos's physical attacks, whereas AC was parrying them and doing damage on the rebound. AC is immediately going to get in there and start doing damage and if Sonic doesn't come up with answers very quickly he'll be overwhelmed and bodied.
That's because he was fighting someone who was on par with him, he didn't think Genos would overwhelm him, he only used when he started getting overwhelmed. Once AC starts overwhelming, that's when he'll use it. Again, he's arrogant, but not dumb, he knows when he's outmatched.

Because logically why would you want to get harm by someone on par with you? He could still harm Genos.

And him no coming up with answers, like I said, AC is gonna get stomped when Sonic uses the TSB.

It's not a matter of whether or not AC CAN put down sonic, it's matter of WILL he put down Sonic? And in character, he won't, all we see him do when fought Genos was repeatedly taunt and slash genos, when he could've just went for the kill.

You assuming AC is just going to let Sonic kill him? Also I'm sure if AC realized he couldn't dodge easily he'd get serious.

I'm not saying that, but does AC even have the chance save himself once Sonic uses TSB? Sonic has far superior skill. And now that Sonic has likely comparable or superior speed, AC is ******

We're really not sure if Tsb would even be enough. G4 Genos and Sonic were equal. AC was stomping Genos and only won via a direct counter.

I also want to mention the battle is taking place in Z city. In AC's battle with Genos he used the buildings and such to work dead angles. Kinda an environmental advantage for him tbh.

We're really not sure if Tsb would even be enough. G4 Genos and Sonic were equal. AC was stomping Genos and only won via a direct counter.
??

Genos could still somewhat react to AC, he could time when to release the goo correctly. Genos couldn't keep up with TSB Sonic at all, and needed to resort to a large AOE attack

I dont think he really timed it, AC just didn't notice it. He wasn't really reacting he was getting blitzed the whole fight and AC wasn't even serious. Genos was gonna use am Aoe on sonics best technique.

That should make their speed comparable at the very least, and by then Sonic would likely have just overpowered AC with superior skill and is not like AC would be able to even fight back at that point

gotta go with sonic. AC may be faster, but sonic has skill, a great arsenal, and his Ten Shadows Burial makes him far faster and more powerful. Sonic also probably has experience fighting fast characters because he trained in the ninja village where everyone is fast.

Not really, but is faster than the four after images attack. Which was the move that Genos could not keep up with. Using that scaling chain, it's safe to say that TSB is faster than AC

Alright Grace is over I'll add this and start up the next match Subterranean King vs Sky King when I have the time.

Back