• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Step Closer to a Full Verse Revision (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Nia's turn

Tier: Likely 9-B | At least 9-B, far higher when damaged | High 1-C

Powers and Abilities:
Base (Pre-Timeskip & Post-Timeskip):
Superhuman Physical Characteristics (Explained by her stats obviously)
Energy Manipulation, Empowerment, Reactive Evolution (Spiral Power would normally give these abilities)
Supernatural Willpower (kept holding on to her existence by the end of the series, and kept hanging on during the war with the anti-spiral, so that the spiral race wouldn't be annihilated)

Weapon Mastery (The Suikawari pipe from episode 12, that counts as a weapon right?)
Technology Manipulation (Literally because of Spiral Power. Naturally, she could control any gunman she wanted to the same way literally everyone else pilots them. This ability is significantly enhanced as Messenger Nia, as she has broadcasted her self across an entire city)
Non-Physical Interaction (Can interact with and physically touch the Anti-Spiral. Shown at the end of episode 26 and beginning of episode 27)
Multiple Personalities (Duh. Normal Nia, and Messenger Nia when she is activated by the Anti-Spiral)
Enhanced Senses (Capable of seeing the Anti-Spiral which was stated to be invisible)
Regeneration (High-Low. As shown from page 273 of the 4th Light Novel. "Nia's scream is the only sound that echoed in the empty room. The Anti-spiral's homeworld. The space between the tenth and eleventh dimensions. An empty space-time on this planet, separated from both time and space. Nia, trapped there, is now about to be completely analyzed by the Anti-Spiral's original form. 'No matter how much you examine my body, you will never be able to defeat them now. He will come, you can be sure of that.' Nia said, desperately trying to regenerate.")

Messenger Nia:
Martial Arts (In the manga she was shown getting physical with Viral, so her attacks aren't limited to just shots of energy)

Limited Information Analysis (This is self-explanatory; As the Anti-Spiral's Messenger, her task was to analyze information for the Anti-Spiral. The reason it's limited is because even though she was made to gather information, she can't use this herself)
Energy Projection (the energy shots)
Flight (Self-Explanatory; she literally flies)
Limited Explosion Manipulation and Limited Deconstruction (she is composed of the same energy blocks as the Mugann. After being damaged, she deconstructs into explosive blocks)

Teleportation, Dimensional Travel, Portal Creation (She has all three of these. Capable of teleporting alone, and traveling through dimensions with portals)

Light Manipulation (Showed Simon a projection of the moon crashing to the Earth)
BFR (She can take opponents to other places via teleportation/dimensional travel/portals)
Regeneration Negation (Mid-Low. Nia's energy shots made Viral incapable of regenerating the damage he got from her)
Summoning (Can summon Mugann)
Resistance to Mind Manipulation (is already being controlled by the Anti-Spiral)

Tengen Toppa Solvernia:
Powers and Abilites:
Same as before, Acrobatics, Vehicular Mastery, Invulnerability, Spaceflight, Self-Sustenance (Type 1), FTL, Aura, Weapon Creation, Reality Warping, Creation, Quantum Manipulation, Physics Manipulation, Matter Manipulation, Shapeshifting, Transmutation, Size Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, Body Control, Probability Manipulation, Space-Time Manipulation, Large Size (Type 7), Durability Negation via Probability Manipulation, Incorporeality, Abstract Existence (Type 1), Regeneration (Low-Godly), Immortality (Type 3), Higher-Dimensional Existence, Higher-Dimensional Manipulation, Acausality (Type 2)
Resistances: Resistance to Gravity Manipulation, Radiation Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, Time Manipulation via powerscaling, Absorption, Electricity Manipulation, Probability Manipulation

You know... the basic Tengen Toppa stuff

Attack Potency:
Likely Wall level (Surprised Yoko after spiking a volleyball, and was stated by her to be more formidable than she had thought. Slapped Guame, and caused him to propel backwards)

At least Wall level (Damaged Viral in prison with energy shots without any visible effort. Was capable of hurting him with her mere punches), far higher when damaged (stated by Lordgenome to be composed of the same energy blocks as the Mugann, which scatter explosive fragments after damaged) | High Complex Multiverse level (Controls a Tengen Toppa Gunmen, which used to be a part of the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann; a mecha which was manifested by emotions with power greater than time and space, which moreover was powered and created by the multiverse; an 11-Dimensional Brane Multiverse which creates universes instant to instant it is perceived. TTGL; a mecha stated to have created the Super Spiral Universe within itself, was created from the Multiverse Labyrinth Simon had integrated within himself. Damaged Granzeboma up-close with her drill spear)

Speed: Superhuman (Grabbed the flag before Yoko could)

https://giphy.com/gifs/kDlOdzc8e0CCe0gSBC

With at least Subsonic+ Combat Speed/Reactions (Split a watermelon in one swing, something Yoko had trouble with even after multiple attempts)
https://giphy.com/gifs/T9CbZW7pbU49pReqmM

Superhuman, with Subsonic+ Combat Speed/Attack Speed/Reactions, Massively FTL+ via Teleportation

Massively FTL+ (Could dodge the Granzeboma's attacks)

Lifting Strength: Unknown | Unknown | Immeasurable

Striking Strength:
Likely Wall Class | At least Wall Class, far higher when damaged | High Complex Multiversal

Durability:
Unknown | Unknown, possibly Wall level | High Complex Multiverse level (Was able to withstand the Infinity Big Bang Storm, an attack that was compared to the Big Bang and was at a greater level of The Anti-Spiral’s capability, compared to any of their previous attacks)

Stamina: Very High (capable of holding her breath underwater longer than Yoko)

https://giphy.com/gifs/5oTwEFsWOURaig9c77

Extremely High (Easily beat the likes of Viral without any visible effort, and continuously used multiple abilities without any notable tiring)
Likely Limitless, depending on her willpower

Range: Standard Melee Range | Standard Melee Range, At least Extended Melee Range via Energy Shots, At least Tens of Kilometers via Technology Manipulation (Projected a live broadcast onto all the screens in Kamina City), High Complex Multiversal via Teleportation | High Complex Multiversal

Standard Equipment: None

• Optional Equipment: Suikawari Pipe
Intelligence: Above Average (Said to have gotten a princess' education, but the only thing known taught to her were sports related activities. Not very experienced in communication to other humans. A great cook, although only in Simon and Boota's favor) | Extraordinary Genius (Knows a lot about the universe, and everything about the Anti-Spiral and their history. Knows every detail in their plan to inflict absolute despair, and their plan to cause extinction towards the humans) | Likely Nigh-Omniscient

Weaknesses: Naivety and curiosity; could likely easily be tricked and persuaded to do certain things. If The Anti-Spiral dies, she will eventually fade away from existence

Key: Base (Pre-Timeskip & Post-Timeskip) | Messenger Nia |
Tengen Toppa Solvernia

Last edited:
Do we take the manga stuff as canon to the anime?

The majority of the changes are fine, but I want to get that out of the way.

I think this is looking good; though to answer your question

@Newendigo I believe the Manga for TTGL is an adaptation from what I heard.

I know that the anime is fully original, so if the manga its an adaptation that would mean it falls under secondary canon.

AKA, it doesnt' count.

I know that the anime is fully original, so if the manga its an adaptation that would mean it falls under secondary canon.

AKA, it doesnt' count.
Actually, on the cover of the manga, it says it's been supervised by Kazuki Nakashima, who is the official writer for the anime

Last edited:
Messenger Nia could also transform (superficially) and summon Muganns. Other than that it is alright, though she should be far higher if damaged, being able to take out the SGGL control system (which is pretty huge).

I'm not sure with Technology Manipulation and Cosmic Awareness but the rest are straightforward.

Edit: Before anyone gonna jump here and say, "You shouldn't use the manga! It's different continuity!" in fact we can, because Gurren Lagann is a story of a multiverse, and every version of Gurren Lagann you are into is real (means every adaption can be canon).

Scan
"Next. "When did Rossiu discover LordGenome?" Nakashima: Oh, that is written in a novel. I explained it in the DVD audio commentary, but that is a lie (laughs). Novels are sold by mail, so those who like logic is there, and those who like interesting are the DVD version. Because Gurren Lagann is a story of a multiverse, the Gurren Lagann you believe in is real!"

Last edited:
And this, I disagree with for the justification.

"TTGL possesses a Super Spiral Universe within itself, which is a 10 + 1 dimensional brane universe, which was created by the Multiverse Labyrinth Simon integrated within himself. Damaged Granzeboma up-close with her drill spear"

We have a conclusion already that the Super Spiral Universe is not a good thing to merit the High 1-C rating since it is never described as an 11-dimensional spacetime on the former CRT.

I will propose to change it to something like:

At least Wall level (Damaged Viral in prison with energy shots without any visible effort. Was capable of hurting him with her mere punches), higher when damaged (stated by Lordgenome to be composed of the same energy blocks as the Mugann, which scatter explosive fragments after damaged) | High Complex Multiverse level (Controls a Tengen Toppa Gunmen, a part of the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, a mecha manifested by emotions with power greater than time and space, which moreover powered and created by the multiverse. Superior to Post-Labyrinth Simon who united with every possible universes of every possible variations of himself in the multiverse after breaks free from the Multiverse Labyrinth, the multiverse of Gurren Lagann is an 11-dimensional brane multiverse. Damaged Granzeboma up-close with her drill spear)

Last edited:
It seems like this has mostly been accepted then, but that we need to get a confirmation that the manga is canon to the show before we scale from it.

Except for that, this is likely fine to apply.

Some of the Parallel Works also takes place in those universes in the multiversal labyrinth
Correct, in the movie version:
Parallel Work 1
Parallel Work 2
Parallel Work 3

Source
Quick DeepL translation:
A music clip project created by the staff who worked on the TV anime "Gurren Lagann", inspired by the BGM used in the main story. Based on one of Gurren Lagann's keywords, "multiverse", each creator will create a completely new video of the world of Gurren Lagann in all its possibilities.

Even if this is a canon parallell universe, can somebody please remind me why the main version of the character should scale from it?

Even if this is a canon parallell universe, can somebody please remind me why the main version of the character should scale from it?
Is there any reason to assume they are completely different characters though?
We have the movie version, which is also a parallel version of the main series like the manga and the novelization, and there is nothing to indicates its characters are derailing, or being weaker/stronger than the original version, they are the same people within different canon continuities, that's it.

The only argument I can see to say they are different is, how Granzeboma in the second movie scrapped off TTGL into many pieces unlike in the original series, which lead to misconception to assume that TTGL is weaker in the second movie, or Granzeboma is stronger instead. But that's only because in the main series, Granzeboma tries to intimidate the earth instead of destroying TTGL immediately when it's helpless on the ground.

Edit: Other than that, the novelization and manga are similar to the movies, they have literally the same arcs, and similar progress like the main series, some differences and scenes addition which none of them are slipping over wouldn't hurt to the characters scaling in my opinion.

Last edited:
The scaling should all be the same. The only ones that are different are those from Super Robot Wars Z, SRW X-Ω, SRW X, and maybe the stage play

I'm not sure with Technology Manipulation and Cosmic Awareness but the rest are straightforward.

Edit: Before anyone gonna jump here and say, "You shouldn't use the manga! It's different continuity!" in fact we can, because Gurren Lagann is a story of a multiverse, and every version of Gurren Lagann you are into is real (means every adaption can be canon).

Scan
"Next. "When did Rossiu discover LordGenome?" Nakashima: Oh, that is written in a novel. I explained it in the DVD audio commentary, but that is a lie (laughs). Novels are sold by mail, so those who like logic is there, and those who like interesting are the DVD version. Because Gurren Lagann is a story of a multiverse, the Gurren Lagann you believe in is real!"
Technology Manipulation should be a standard ability of those who possess spiral power, as you cannot pilot a mech without spiral power. Using spiral power as a means to control this piece of technology. And I guess I could remove cosmic awareness, I was iffy about it as well, and other than that I have changed the justification for High 1-C

Technology Manipulation should be a standard ability of those who possess spiral power, as you cannot pilot a mech without spiral power. Using spiral power as a means to control this piece of technology. And I guess I could remove cosmic awareness, I was iffy about it as well, and other than that I have changed the justification for High 1-C
Also Anti-Spiral Nia can regenerate too, I guess it's High-Low considering the missing body parts.

Left page
"Nia's scream is the only sound that echoed in the empty room. The Anti-spiral's homeworld. The space between the tenth and eleventh dimensions. An empty space-time on this planet, separated from both time and space. Nia, trapped there, is now about to be completely analyzed by the Anti-Spiral's original form. "No matter how much you examine my body, you will never be able to defeat them now. He will come, you can be sure of that." Nia said, desperately trying to regenerate. She brings back memories of the past and spins her body with them. "It's useless, irregular." But the Anti-Spiral instantly read the truth of the information."

Well, the problem is that it is against our standard conventions to scale between different versions of the same characters, so it would set a bad precedent for the wiki as a whole if we allow it here. My apologies.

Everything else that has been accepted here should be fine to apply though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back