• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryukama

Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Introductio

Hello everyone. Now while I typically do not like the idea of tier upgrades via scaling to lower characters, I believe in certain cases like Dragon Ball, Esdeath, My Little Pony, etc. an exception can be made which we have done in the past. I am proposing that what I am about to discuss may be one of those.

Now as you all know Genos early at the series performed a City level feat. This feat has a value of 5.943064e16 joules.

What this means is if you're 7 times stronger than BoS Genos, you are Mountain level.

So how much stronger are the other monsters and heroes than Genos?

Monster Associatio
As shown during this fight scene, Mosquito Girl casually stomps Genos. Every hit demolishes huge chunks of his body and Genos himself states that he has absolutely no chance of defeating her.

Mosquito Girl is not among the strongest in her group however. Armored Gorilla and Beast King are 3rd and 2nd behind Kabuto.

And both Gorilla and Beast are listed as Demon levels within the manga's guidebook. This means that either of these two should be weaker than a Dragon level.

Bang here one shots two Dragon levels one right after the other. And the first monster was in an enhanced form stronger than his base, which was still Dragon level. Keep in mind this was shortly after he was beaten down and weakened by Overgrown Rover.

This means a restrained Bang can one shot two people. One of which is stronger than someone who's stronger than someone who's stronger than someone who casually demolished Genos. And the other Bang one shot being even stronger. I think that would likely surpass a 7 times gap in power.

Speaking of Overgrown Rover, not even with multiple other City levels assisting Bang could he stand a chance against him.

Which means Overgrown Rover >>> Bang >>>> Fuhrer Ugly > Base Fuhrer Ugly > Beast King > Armored Gorilla > Mosquito Girl >> Genos

However Human Garou is able to actually harm and punch Overgrown Rover to the ground,adding yet another level to this hierarchy.

And the final scalings in this, Superalloy Darkshine who breaks Garou's ribs while he was on the verge of breaking his limiter (whichs means at this time Garou would be significantly stronger than when he fought Rover.) Along with Lightspeed Flash who broken limiter Garou stated he would've lost to prior to his transformation.

So here would be my proposed changes so far

• Bang, Overgrown Rover, Human Garou, Darkshine and Flash become Mountain level, as they've clearly surpassed a 7x gap from supreme fodder Genos.
But there is one more character who I think might be due for an upgrade.

Human Monster
A Human Garou who was weaker than the one who fought Rover still managed to fight on par with Metal Bat, who's fighting spirir was currently enhancing him to the peak of his power.

Before said power up, Metal Bat stated he could defeat a Dragon level threat, something ONE confirmed to not be an exaggeration. So Garou can fight against a Metal Bat stronger than one who can defeat Dragons.

However once Metal Bat's spirit reaches his absolute, Garou stated on multiple occasions that had MB landed even a single serious hit on him, he likely would've been defeated badly.

Which means Metal Bat can one shot someone, who's around equal to someone, who's stronger than someone, who's stronger than someone, who's stronger than someone, who's stronger than someone who casually demolished Genos. I believe it is safe to say Metal Bat is at least 7x stronger than BoS Genos as well.

• Note: This is only for Metal Bat when he has reached the complete peak of his fighting spirit. Monsters he's fought before this event wouldn't get scaling
  • Fubuki's tier won't change due to Rover's upgrade, as nothing suggests he was going serious on her at all. She just gets scaled to the fact that the casual blast would've destroyed Genos.
  • S-Classes who have not shown capable of fighting Dragon levels, or require significant difficulty to do so, I believe are fine staying "At least 7-B." Maybe the stronger of the weaker ones getting an "At least City level+."
Sorry for the lengthy post. There's just a lot to go through regarding this topic. I appreciate anyone who's made it this far and hopefully you could provide feedback. Thank you.

Seems pretty reasonable to me.

I'll cite what I had said about this earlier with a few modifications.

I'm not entirely sure to be honest, I'm conflicted because I feel as if numerical evidence (such as a calculation or stated multiplier from a character or wog) should be provided when it comes to upgrades such as these; that evidence where no numerical value is given but is clearly demonstrated should lead into a "At least City level likely far higher" type of deal.

I also have a question, would these multipliers also be applied to various other stats? Such as speed? And if not, why? The two examples featuring Bang have him defeating those dragon level threats so quickly they're unable to percieve him, so it's not as if examples featuring speed are not present.

@AMM I can understand what you mean. While an exact numerical value isn't explicitly given I think when these showings clearly and logically would surpass such a number, then it'd be fine to rate them as such, as the evidence while maybe not as preferably as a calc or stated multiplier indeed supports it. And rating characters in rare cases like this as I've said isn't entirely new thing.

Also these discrepencies are primarily ones in strength not speed. Bang is the only example of a blitz within any of this, so I don't think in that case much beyond an "at least" would be needed speedwise.

Ryukama said:
@AMM I can understand what you mean. While an exact numerical value isn't explicitly given I think when these showings clearly and logically would surpass such a number, then it'd be fine to rate them as such, as the evidence while maybe not as preferably as a calc or stated multiplier indeed supports it. And rating characters in rare cases like this as I've said isn't entirely new thing.
Also these discrepencies are primarily ones in strength not speed. Bang is the only example of a blitz within any of this, so I don't think in that case much beyond an "at least" would be needed speedwise.
It does make sense; I'm open to it. It'll just take some getting used to I suppose.

Also, the speed stuff is not as infrequent as you'd assume. Mosquito Girl manages to blitz Genos after her buff; despite me not actually checking, I'm willing to bet there are more of these instances in the fights which are included in your thread.

@AMM During the fight Genos shows capable of perceiving Mosquito Girl's movements, he just isn't fast enough to dodge them. For the majority of the fight she doesn't comepletely blitz him she's just too fast for him. During one of her attacks he even reacts before she's finished and decided to counter with the self destruct.

Also the big amount of my examples come from a character being a significant yet indeterminate amount stronger than another. Most of the cases do not include speed blitzing.

So I don't think as high of a buff to speed would be necessary here.

Seems consistent. Although since Darkshine also stated that Atomic Samurai would kill Garou with no trouble during his battle should he get that buff too? Mountain level I mean? Or would that be unlikely in your opinion?

@COB Considering Atomic Samurai has had significant trouble dealing with people lesser than what Garou has shown and this was a statement made by Darkshine not Garou himself or WoG, I believe it'd be better to only have the S-Classes I've listed get the buffs and the rest stay with "At least 7-B" for now.

@COB I will upgrade them due to the large approval, with 7 staff members and 3 regular users agreeing with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back