• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Cosmic Fear Garou Upgrade

We never see the gate appear as anything but as a flat portal. Feels weird to say that isn't the serious punch^2 energy, but the visual effect of the gate?

I'm confused. Garou's attack destroyed the gates. Blast stated, "The gates are bursting from the overload of energy." And when the gates burst we see Blast and Garou get sent flying back. When Blast tries to teleport the Serious Punch^2 with the gate, he ends up getting knocked back in the same way while in space.

I assumed the gate was meant to teleport the attack far away, but the punch instantly overloaded the gate and it burst, which is why they're still so close to Earth. He can't send it any farther, he can't give it anymore distance. I was unaware that gate can also hold power inside of it.

He never says he's containing the energy either. He just said the gate can't handle this much energy. And I don't see how this means he's holding the power back. Why can't this statement mean the gate just overloaded and burst?

I feel like we know way too little about how Blast's power work to be making this kind of scaling. Are we even certain he's holding back the power, and even if he was how do we know it's using the same type of portal he used against Garou. He didn't do anything like that against Garou's attack.

He never contained Garou's energy, he just transported them to a different place. I'm completely lost here.

I'd appreciate if staff members actually gave their opinions here.

And hopefully explain if this scaling is right or wrong.

I'm confused. Garou's attack destroyed the gates. Blast stated, "The gates are bursting from the overload of energy." And when the gates burst we see Blast and Garou get sent flying back. When Blast tries to teleport the Serious Punch^2 with the gate, he ends up getting knocked back in the same way while in space
That is assuming that handling ≠ containing tbh. It is not a unreasonable assumption to say the gates burst from the amount of energy it was receiving from Garou, but I have to look into the previous chapters to see what was shown there

ok, this is insane right now
blast's portal was quite clearly stated to "not be able to get enough distance"
which directly contradicts the idea that he wasn't able to teleport it, he just can't teleport an attack that strong farther than the point in space where he did.

ok, this is insane right now
blast's portal was quite clearly stated to "not be able to get enough distance"
which directly contradicts the idea that he wasn't able to teleport it, he just can't teleport an attack that strong farther than the point in space where he did.
I don’t see how it contradicts the idea of him wasn’t able to teleport it when in the next few statements that he had alter the vector of the destructive energy away from Earth. That contradiction is null tbh

I don’t see how it contradicts the idea of him wasn’t able to teleport it when in the next few statements that he had alter the vector of the destructive energy away from Earth. That contradiction is null tbh
he quite literally telelported it into space
it's right there, it's right on the page
dude

Also it is not even insane given how we literally see the attack getting redirected in the next few panels of Chapter 167.

ZillertheBucko said:
he quite literally telelported it into space
it's right there, it's right on the page
dude
You forgetting that I have the entire chapter read it which is Chapter 167.

Last edited:
The official VIZ translation said sub space and not hyperspace but other sources said hyperspace. So which one is correct?

Back