• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Cosmic Fear Garou Upgrade

Quick CRT so lets get it over with.

It took Garou at least 35 hits to overwhelm and burst Blast's spacial manipulation that backscales from Serious Punch².

Garou pre-SSSP would be 35x weaker than that value (1.11 ZettaFoe), therefore w/o "Mode: Saitama," he would be 31.7142857 ExaFoe, which is Multi Solar System level.

His Attack Potency section would look like this:

At least Large Planet level, Multi-Solar System level (Stated that Blast wasn't worth his time [4], and could even overwhelm his Hyperspace Gates[4] after multiple hits. His attack was compared to a real Gamma Ray Burst[1] which produces at least 1 foe or 10^44 joules of energy.), far higher with Power Mimicry (Copied and evenly matched Saitama's Serious Punch, generating an explosion that annihilated millions of stars[3]), even higher with Reactive Evolution (Grew exponentially in power while mimicking Saitama[2])

Garou overwhelmed Blast's portal, I don't think that's equivalent to the spatial manipulation that Blast does to help with diverting the SSPS.

Also, the two styles of gates do not function similarly. The bigger white floor gate seems to transfer things instantly but the black gates function more like a door or classic portals where you would have to fall into it in order to be transported

There's no proof that what you said amps Blast.
I didn't say it amps Blast. Just that Blast noticeably put in more effort to make the white big portal than he did when making the black portals and based on the differences between how the black and white portals function, I don't think it's necessarily true they both have the same threshold for the amount of energy they can withstand.

Quick CRT so lets get it over with.

It took Garou at least 35 hits to overwhelm and burst Blast's spacial manipulation that backscales from Serious Punch².

Garou pre-SSSP would be 35x weaker than that value (1.11 ZettaFoe), therefore w/o "Mode: Saitama," he would be 31.7142857 ExaFoe, which is Multi Solar System level.

His Attack Potency section would look like this:

At least Large Planet level, Multi-Solar System level (Stated that Blast wasn't worth his time [4], and could even overwhelm his Hyperspace Gates[4] after multiple hits. His attack was compared to a real Gamma Ray Burst[1] which produces at least 1 foe or 10^44 joules of energy.), far higher with Power Mimicry (Copied and evenly matched Saitama's Serious Punch, generating an explosion that annihilated millions of stars[3]), even higher with Reactive Evolution (Grew exponentially in power while mimicking Saitama[2])
I disagree but also agree, let me explain
There's no reason to assume that the strain it put on the portals stacked up over time, since these are all separate punches that are just afterimages for showing his speed
rather, the reason the 35th punch would be overwhelming is due to his AD which made each punch stronger than the last. In other words it's more likely that he just massively downscales from the serious punch ^ 2 to begin with
this is also made more realistic by the fact that garou was already somewhat relative to saitama in speed, as he outmatched casual saitama, and was then able to react to saitama suddenly unleashing a bloodlusted serious punch at him. Given this relative speed (which I will make a crt for as well probably) it's not unrealstic to say that he would be strong enough to downscale from full power saitama from this standpoint either
although it would downscale from a downscale, since blast was still able to manage Garou, while he could only stop the sp^2 in its tracks without teleporting it until backup came
scaling chain looks like SP^2>Hyperspace>=Garou

Just because two things both overwhelm Blast's gates, doesn't mean those two things have to be comparable to each other.
well
that's kinda how power scaling works, but I see what you mean, considering much more effort was put into the serious punch ^ 2 portal

Just because two things both overwhelm Blast's gates, doesn't mean those two things have to be comparable to each other.
This is very much true.

What are people actually expecting anyway, any attack over the gate's limit would destroy it. Serious Punch^2 overwhelmed his gate instantly, what if his gate was overwhelmed instantly by a 3-A attack, would we be saying that 4-A attack is now 3-A?

If a Tier 5 attack goes through a wall/barrier like, it doesn't mean that anyone who breaks that wall is now Tier 5. The wall or in this case gate, has not shown the ability to withstand 4-A level of power. It was overwhelmed instantly.

We also have no real idea how Blast's gates even work. We have no idea if Blast and the others redirecting the energy has anything to do with his gate or portals either.

This is very much true.

What are people actually expecting anyway, any attack over the gate's limit would destroy it. Serious Punch^2 overwhelmed his gate instantly, what if his gate was overwhelmed instantly by a 3-A attack, would we be saying that 4-A attack is now 3-A?

If a Tier 5 attack goes through a wall/barrier like, it doesn't mean that anyone who breaks that wall is now Tier 5. The wall or in this case gate, has not shown the ability to withstand 4-A level of power. It was overwhelmed instantly.

We also have no real idea how Blast's gates even work. We have no idea if Blast and the others redirecting the energy has anything to do with his gate or portals either.
actually the portal withstood the serious punch ^2 for a few moments, he was able to hold it in place until help arrived
so it simply downscales

actually the portal withstood the serious punch ^2 for a few moments, he was able to hold it in place until help arrived
so it simply downscales
He outright stated that the gate can’t handle this much energy so it won’t necessarily scale to all of the energy. Blast is the one who stated it.

it's called downscaling
he was still able to restrain the full force of it extremely high diff, so he downscales from it
And proceeds to mention he needs to alter the vector of the destructive energy from the Earth aka he redirecting the energy with the help of other heros so he won’t even been scaled to it anyway.

I don't see anything that says he's using the gate to hold the power in place.

He stated the gate can handle this energy and we see the gate is gone.

It was from the attack by Saitama prior to these scans I saw you. The preceding scans tell us that tbf
Where does it say he's preventing the attack from expanding with the gate?

The gate was instantly overwhelmed by the attack, that is why they're above the earth. He wasn't able to bring it farther before the gate burst from the overload of energy. Which happen the instant their fist met.

Where does it say he's preventing the attack from expanding with the gate?

The gate was instantly overwhelmed by the attack, that is why they're above the earth. He wasn't able to bring it farther before the gate burst from the overload of energy. Which happen the instant their fist met.
He prevented the attack from destroying the Earth via redirecting the attack from Earth. I didn’t say anything about the attack expanding with the gate anyway.

I don't see anything that says he's using the gate to hold the power in place.

He stated the gate can handle this energy and we see the gate is gone.
he quite literally implies that he can redirect it away from earth. if the portals were less than 4-A then he wouldn't be able to even interact with it for a nanosecond without the gate being melted like butter completely instantaneously

What visuals, where is this portal? Why are we assuming his ability to redirect the attack has anything to do with his portal or gate thing?

Garou's attacks made his gate burst, yet the serious punch^2 didn't make it burst? Is that really what you're saying?

he quite literally implies that he can redirect it away from earth. if the portals were less than 4-A then he wouldn't be able to even interact with it for a nanosecond without the gate being melted like butter completely instantaneously
Tbf, it didn’t involve a gate it seems as he was doing the redirection of the energy with the other heroes involved so it was with help feat.

Downscaling doesn't even seem necessary here; especially when it's just for the sake of justifying an upgrade that wouldn't be possible otherwise.

What visuals, where is this portal? Why are we assuming his ability to redirect the attack has anything to do with his portal or gate thing?

Garou's attacks made his gate burst, yet the serious punch^2 didn't make it burst? Is that really what you're saying?
What??? It is the scan I show you. We can see the gate holding the energy in the same panel. It is not that hard to notice.

Are we really saying the sphere we see is the gate? And not the energy from Saitama and Garou's attack? Even though Garou's multi hit attack made the gate burst and explode, which sent Garou and Blast flying back. Similar to how the Serious Punch^2 made a burst/explosion and send Blast flying back?

I was literally told multiple times that wasn't the case.

Are we really saying the sphere we see is the gate? And not the energy from Saitama and Garou's attack? Even though Garou's multi hit attack made the gate burst and explode, which sent Garou and Blast flying back. Similar to how the Serious Punch^2 made a burst/explosion and send Blast flying back?

Okay, now I am confused. Who tell you that and why?

Pretty sure Blast is still holding the energy back. That's why he's 4-A with spatial manipulation. Cause he was holding it back before the others arrived.

That's what the sandbox says anyway.
Here. I was told it was only the energy redirection that was 4-A, Blast wasn't containing it.

Here. I was told it was only the energy redirection that was 4-A, Blast wasn't containing it.
Ah, but the odd things is the visual and narration mentioned that the gate can not handle this energy aka it can not contain that much energy.

Hence why he was forced to redirected the energy with help of the other heroes.

my brother in christ
the very fact that the scan shows it lasted long enough for him to teleport it into outer space is more than enough evidence that he downscales directly from it
he successfully teleported it, just not far enough due to the power. Like if someone with stellar lifting strength had to strain themselves slighty while arm wrestling someone with unknown LS but still won, would you still be comfortable saying the unknown LS person was below average human or something?

my brother in christ
the very fact that the scan shows it lasted long enough for him to teleport it into outer space is more than enough evidence that he downscales directly from it
he successfully teleported it, just not far enough due to the power. Like if someone with stellar lifting strength had to strain themselves slighty while arm wrestling someone with unknown LS but still won, would you still be comfortable saying the unknown LS person was below average human or something?
It was not teleported. It was physically redirected to outer space. Also the portal scene was before the serious punch squared.

Back