• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Oh shit, Giant Hands and Flaming Feet actually do be strong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a great example since that feat not being used was total BS and should have never happened
Yeah, not a great example but it is the most prominent one that comes to mind. Even if it is right or wrong, it does go to show that feats, calcs and instances of powerscaling can be ignored or rejected for our profiles.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm not trying to say we should ignore feats and stuff when it is wrong to ignore them (though when it is and isn't wrong is a bit subjective). I think it should be fine to acknowledge even if I disagree with the conclusions on how it affects the scaling and have a different view on it.

Last edited:
Yeah, not a great example but it is the most prominent one that comes to mind. Even if it is right or wrong, it does go to show that feats, calcs and instances of powerscaling can be ignored or rejected for our profiles.
I mean sure, but when it's word of god from Oda himself that they cancelled out the force of the punch itself, I mean that's pretty direct scaling

Why is this being argued against? It’s so simple. Big mom downscales unquantifiably through 6 teratons, and if that’s what oda said, then that’s what he said.

Feats aren't as black-and-white as that, otherwise Roshi's Moon feat wouldn't have been rejected for years. Even if a feat is undeniable, that doesn't necessarily mean it belongs on our profiles.

But I take your point, and acknowledge the statement from Oda.

I'm currently gathering a few new calcs for the Post-Timeskip thread which I will post later today or tomorrow with a full list of calcs, and a full list of relevant characters, and then we can get into debating who scales to what, and which values need to be updated.
You are really going against Oda's words by using a blatant false equivalence. Damage, you should know better than anyone that bringing up other verses is irrelevant here.

You are really going against Oda's words by using a blatant false equivalence. Damage, you should know better than anyone that bringing up other verses is irrelevant here.
When did I say I was going against Oda's words? You're arguing against a strawman here.

I already said up above:

But I take your point, and acknowledge the statement from Oda.

What more do you want?

Big mom downscales unquantifiably through 6 teratons
Not arguing for or against but It was discussed in the god tier scaling thread that the Big Mom who clashed with Kaido (12TT) was using one arm as well (it was also discussed that using one/two arms with only one weapon wouldn't apply for this method).

So basically if this feat is used Diable Jambe and Gear Third would scale to 6 Teratons, not 3/4.

The only person who is arguing against it is Damage, because it upgrades too many characters.
I think you're misunderstanding me - or intentionally misrepresneting me because you're acting like a bad faith participant here - but I'm not arguing against the statement from Oda or that the feat took place. My primary concerns is how it will affect scaling, what the consistency is against other character's calcs.

I'm not agreeing to a blanket upgrade of all characters yet because I think there are some issues and I'll get into it when the full Post-Timeskip revision is done.

Don't mistake my concern about the rest of the verse's ratings be a blind rejection of this feat's existence.

I don't really care about the Tiers or AP Values TBH, Big Mom could only be 6-C and I would be saying the same things

I'm just saying that we need to scale Gear 3rd Luffy and Sanji to Base Big Mom

I don't mean to sound a bit exasperated in my above post but I don't want me raising concerns over the ratings to be just "Damage being Damage" and "Damage hates high rated characters".

I'd do the same thing for other verses, and I'd do the same thing if the proposal was a massive downgrade as well.

I don't mean to sound a bit exasperated in my above post but I don't want me raising concerns over the ratings to be just "Damage being Damage" and "Damage hates high rated characters".

I'd do the same thing for other verses, and I'd do the same thing if the proposal was a massive downgrade as well.
I disagree with the methodology in general when it's as direct as this, Oda was very clear in the scaling here

It's hard to face scaling you don't like sometimes, I would know, but we gotta be correct with what the author says

I'm not agreeing to a blanket upgrade of all characters yet because I think there are some issues and I'll get into it when the full Post-Timeskip revision is done.
Makes sense. So what do you think needs to be done right now. Do you want this thread to be on hold until we tackle the full TS revision?

Makes sense. So what do you think needs to be done right now. Do you want this thread to be on hold until we tackle the full TS revision?
I mentioned up above that I'm gathering the Post-Timeskip calcs and re-calcs and we'll have to sort through the scaling on a thread for it. This feat for Luffy and Sanji is one piece of evidence to take into account. There's many others as well.

Let's talk scaling in a new CRT so I can remove that dumbass mistake I made
^

Once again guys, the only point of this CRT is to establish Gear 3rd Luffy and Diable Sanji scale to Big Mom, everything else will be handled in another CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back