• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Gotcha. Yeah, no, the island is massive and there are no islands nearby it in the manga, which means the distance between it and the island before/after it is ridiculous. (Dozens of times its own distance at least))
The OP world is huge- but figuring out HOW huge it is, is difficult.
Yee I know... I said it in the comments on the Calc 🐵

Yup! Just noticed it. Jaya isn't even visible in the horizon after they leave Alabasta, neither is Sky island- the distance between islands in the OP world is huge. I just hope/wish we get clarification on all that when Nami reaches her ream and finishes the world map. Probably get an in depth look at it-
Or something to scale to the red line eventually. Who knows.

It’s still an accurate representation of everything.
Very iffy.
"The movie will be seperate from the main continuity"
Yet that same article confirms that it will have CANON information featured- and that the movies are just as important to Oda as the manga itself is. (The ones he's involved in at least)
Maaaan- at this point I'm not expecting a canon OP Movie until after the main story is done.

Very iffy.
"The movie will be seperate from the main continuity"
Yet that same article confirms that it will have CANON information featured- and that the movies are just as important to Oda as the manga itself is. (The ones he's involved in at least)
Maaaan- at this point I'm not expecting a canon OP Movie until after the main story is done.
I mean it literally makes no sense for a movie to be canon… a side adventure makes much more sense or do you want a backstory movie or something?

something that doesn’t follow the story doesn’t mean it’s useless media or something, idk everyone acting like canon is everything when one piece is literally mainly about adventure and going to new places… I simply don’t like how many islands and places that have been skipped because of the plot or something… idk, I can’t explain what I mean

or do you want a backstory movie or something?
Yes- one Roger prequel please.
Or Xebec- One Piece right now is Luffy's adventure and the straw hat's story, so we won't NOT see them in media that isn't the manga/anime- but still, a movie around other characters would be fun. Mostly because I like One Piece for the world it built and wouldn't mind a side-story not around the MC, kinda like the Ace cover Story.

Yes- one Roger prequel please.
Or Xebec-
That’s non canon tho…
One Piece right now is Luffy's adventure and the straw hat's story, so we won't NOT see them in media that isn't the manga/anime- but still, a movie around other characters would be fun.
A movie around other characters isn’t canon aswell 🤷‍♂️ But true

Mostly because I like One Piece for the world it built and wouldn't mind a side-story not around the MC, kinda like the Ace cover Story.
Sure… I would like that too, like and enel adventure or something but again, that’s not canon

Monkey- "Not canon" and "Not in the current series of events" aren't the same.
The reason Red isn't canon is because the straw hats likely would have no time to go through those events, same as Stampede, Gold, etc-- it doesn't fit in the timeline. Prequels and movies that feature other characters that don't clash with the current continuity can be canon. Just not the main story.

The movie in itself is great cuz fans enjoy watching these side stories. This movie being non canon will kill powerscalers since none of the feats can be counted as “canon”.

Think of the Ace story by Boichi. It's canon to ACE, but it isn't about the straw hats. It's just a side-story that's canon to the universe.
Monkey- "Not canon" and "Not in the current series of events" aren't the same.
The reason Red isn't canon is because the straw hats likely would have no time to go through those events, same as Stampede, Gold, etc-- it doesn't fit in the timeline. Prequels and movies that feature other characters that don't clash with the current continuity can be canon. Just not the main story.
Idk… it looks to me as everyone picks which is canon and which isn’t based on the media.

Idk… it looks to me as everyone picks which is canon and which isn’t based on the media.
Think of it like this- if the straw hats weren't involved, then the movie would be canon since you can argue it occured during wano or while other events were happening. Kinda like how Gold happened after dressrosa, where Law was with the crew, yet Law wasn't in the movie itself. Same as Stampede making no sense in the timeline either between Whole cake and Wano-
At least we get canon elements thanks to Oda.

Think of it like this- if the straw hats weren't involved, then the movie would be canon
That’s the problem… just because we don’t know when it happend or something, it becomes non canon

to me non canon media that doesn’t follow the perfect timeline as the manga is the same importance as canon if Oda has some sort of involvement in it.

The movie in itself is great cuz fans enjoy watching these side stories. This movie being non canon will kill powerscalers since none of the feats can be counted as “canon”.
For this movie specifically it's less about power scaling and more about the fact that Shanks and the straw hats will be the same movie- if Luffy and Shanks reunite in a movie that isn't canon that'd be very weird.

I did, you said it would be canon if they reunited. Which I explained is false for reasons above.
I didn't understand why it's false...

If they did, then it would instantly be Canon.
When I said canon I meant it would instantly be canon to me or something

Meaning it would automatically be... BRO WTF, it would be official it would be as important as the manga.

What's the point of arguing over canon now? Let's just wait until the movie comes out.

What's the point of arguing over canon now? Let's just wait until the movie comes out.
The problem for me is when people use their own opinion in what's Canon and not.

For example the film z isn't considered canon JUST because pre timeskip luffy beat shiki with a feat that's greater than what he has shown in the manga making it invalid when it's literally Oda that made it that way, it's like I found something in the Databook right now and it says something like pre timeskip luffy can move faster than kizaru or brook can defeat kizaru. People would automatically say it's non canon or something just because they don't want that to be reality.

I'm not even talking about the news... I'm talking about the word canon itself
Canon: the material accepted as officially part of the story in an individual universe of that story.
it was confirmed to be not canon so it’s not part of the “official” story. Like we’re talking about the moving being irrelevant to powerscalers bc of it being non canon. And even if you just normally watch it, it’s not gonna give any “official” insight.
But that aside, hyped for the movie.

Do you guys think current Kid and Law are stronger than Sanji and Zoro ? Because no matter how i think,Sanji and Zoro still have better feats

Do you guys think current Kid and Law are stronger than Sanji and Zoro ? Because no matter how i think,Sanji and Zoro still have better feats
With Sanji it's debatable.
With Zoro, definitely not. Kidd didn't injure BM or Kaido- with Linlin he just shoved her around and distracted her for the most part. Law only got those hits in via dura neg.
Zoro on the other hand has shown full on comparable AP, making BM scream for Kaido to dodge- then scarring Kaido when he had dozens of broken bones and injuries. In terms of overall combat, Law is comparable, and Kidd is in terms of endurance/Durability- but if it's AP only, neither are "stronger". Not by their showings at least. Again- excluding Law's dura neg hax.
Considering Zoro and Sanji are meant to be comparable though- I'd say both are stronger than Kidd and Law just based on their "rivalry".

Back