• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Bro didn't Katakuri match G3rd Luffy?

The same G3rd Luffy who's relative to the tobiroppo?
I lied

The same G3rd who trained in Udon prison after he fought Kaido the first time and was still relative to the tobiroppo*

If she was targeting fodder she wouldn't use fire in her attack.

We don't scale Jinbe to Akainu because he has antifeats.

Akainu has canonically the strongest devil fruit in the series, he'd honestly partially scale.
She was targeting Nami, Usopp and Tama, they are absolute fodder to BM, she wouldn't need even 50% of her strength to kill them.

He also tanked a weakened BM with Napo+Prome, his dura with haki seems to have at least two feats.

He doesn't scale to WB he only scales to BB, so i think we don't take the "most offensive DF" statement as "Akainu > any DF feat", he honestly seems to not scale, not even partially to WB.

She was targeting Nami, Usopp and Tama, they are absolute fodder to BM, she wouldn't need even 50% of her strength to kill them.
Remember Mihawk's statement
0051-004.png

"I'm different from those stupid brutes who'd go all out just to hunt a mere rabbit"

If she held back she wouldn't have put fire on her blade.
He also tanked a weakened BM with Napo+Prome, his dura with haki seems to have at least two feats.
He got sent flying on the next page
He doesn't scale to WB he only scales to BB, so i think we don't take the "most offensive DF" statement as "Akainu > any DF feat", he honestly seems to not scale, not even partially to WB.
His ability to manipulate magma at will boast him the highest attack power of all Devil Fruits.
All ≠ All minus WB

When he wasn't using armament coating he said this "gotta unleash this Enma a bit more" when his attack failed to harm Kaido. Enma doesn't grant durability negation or amplify it, it draws out more of the user's haki for stronger attacks. So we know Zoro's feats aren't attributed to durability negation and instead his raw power with Enma.

Thus he scales.
Not all attacks have it even if a swordsman is at that level as we see when Zoro reached it all the way back in Alabasta and could only use it in a few attacks (2 or 3) and i don't remember anything saying "sword-intent can be used in any attack post-timeskip", that and iirc there are mentions of Kaido's scales even when he is in human form (i would have to read again to confirm this tho) and that would mean the "intent of cutting flesh" wouldn't be useful since Kaido has scales.

For Asura, just like we did with Mihawk vs Daz Bones where "going all out" means using haki, sword-intent and whatever else, Zoro would be using it with Asura as well, just like he was using during any of his attacks against Dragon Form Kaido since at that point he would already be using the "intent of cutting scales".

Also, most of his attacks were just chip damage iirc, Asura is the only one that we can say "that did damage to Kaido", so saying "Zoro scales to 6B" is wrong even if dura neg isn't at play since Asura is the only attack that did enough damage to actually be at that level.

This term "chip damage" irritates me.

Not saying you irritate me, but the term "chip damage" is annoying.
I like that we actually have a term and some rules for it, i hate when a character actually makes me use them, it makes scaling sometimes harder than it would be without it.

I like that we actually have a term and some rules for it, i hate when a character actually makes me use them, it makes scaling sometimes harder than it would be without it.
It's just not realistic, which is why people can get shots from small needles and not get hurt.

Chip damage is just a term to stop a small character from scaling to a large character, regardless of feats.

I guess we should also scale the fodder that jumped WB in MF to WB then. Katakuri's 1v1 feats are still vastly superior to any of the feats of the SN not named Luffy. Ask yourself in a serious 1v1, do any of the SN(excluding Luffy) land whatever bullshit attacks/feats Oda handed them? Massive amounts of PIS occured on the Rooftoop. Those feats ought to be taken with a massive grain of salt. We literally see that a few chapters later with Linlin actually trying and casually 1 shotting 2 Ancient Zoans whose durability and Endurance are superior to the SN on the rooftop. Exact same reason why she for some reason didn't punch Kidd with AdvCOC but uses it on Page One.

1v1 - Zoro isn't landing Asura. He gets Thunder Bagued and gets 1 shot. The same applies to Kidd, Law and Killer. So no, none of them can beat Katakuri at this very moment. Katakuri without a doubt washes four of them. Katakuri isn't going to give Zoro the time to charge Enma or use Ashura. Same goes for everyone else.

I guess we should also scale the fodder that jumped WB in MF to WB then. Katakuri's 1v1 feats are still vastly superior to any of the feats of the SN not named Luffy. Ask yourself in a serious 1v1, do any of the SN(excluding Luffy) land whatever bullshit attacks/feats Oda handed them? Massive amounts of PIS occured on the Rooftoop. Those feats ought to be taken with a massive grain of salt. We literally see that a few chapters later with Linlin actually trying and casually 1 shotting 2 Ancient Zoans whose durability and Endurance are superior to the SN on the rooftop. Exact same reason why she for some reason didn't punch Kidd with AdvCOC but uses it on Page One.

1v1 - Zoro isn't landing Asura. He gets Thunder Bagued and gets 1 shot. The same applies to Kidd, Law and Killer. So no, none of them can beat Katakuri at this very moment. Katakuri without a doubt washes four of them. Katakuri isn't going to give Zoro the time to charge Enma or use Ashura. Same goes for everyone else.
Yeah I don’t even need to read this fully and I know you’re full of crap (no offense). If you’re going to literally compare SOILDERS stabbing Whitebeard and not doing anything to him to Zoro hurting kaido with Ashura and leaving him scarred with a genuine attack, you’re pretty wrong. 1. Whitebeard wasn’t trying to block 2. It’s a huge outlier, with your logic Whitebeard would only have wall level durability due to all those sword slashes, not to mention they didn’t even bother WB one bit, unlike Zoro who left kaido breathing heavy. 3. Zoro doesn’t need to land it, of course he would lose to Kaido, but the fact that he could HURT kaido shows that he DOES scale. Not landing it in a 1v1 /=/ not scaling. 1v1’s aren’t everything. Also, are you referring to the same Zoan user that got impaled by nami’s lightning? Lmao. Also, as Emin explained above Zoro would still have 6-B AP. So explain, how does Katakuri not get oneshotted? Lmao.

Last edited:
If Katakuri were at the Rooftop instead of useless Killer and featless Kidd, he would have contributed to the fight much more than them, like literally.

Let's see what Killer and Kidd did on the rooftop and compare, shall we?

Kidd:
1) Tanked a CoA-less and ACoC-less smash from Big Mom. Nothing impressive considered there was like no Haki in it.
2) Shot some pathetic metal rods at big mom that does nothing.
3) Punk attack gave dragon Kaido a nice internal massage that dealt like no damage.
4) Tanked an AoE attack from Big mom that uh wasn't impressive honestly, like it was such a far away shot, and that attack almost destroyed nothing on Onigashima, idk what AP is that attack even. Idk if you can even say he tanked it since that attack had such a huge AoE and he was far from the fire-point.
5) Caught Big mom offguard by pushing her face into the ground, but said attack did nothing to Big mom so it is pointless.
6) Sent big mom flying to the sky with magnetism, but doesn't show much since he dealt no damage.

Killer:
1) Chipped Kaido with his internal attack once.
2) Chased cut Zeus and chased Napoleon with Law's assistance
3) Tanked the unknown AoE attack from big mom.
4) Got stalled by Hawkins

Now let's see what Katakuri can do
1) No sell CoA-less and ACoC-less attack from BIg mom because he is Logia.
2) With Law's assistance can trap Zeus and throw Big Mom off the rooftop simultaneously with Awakening.
3) No-sells that AoE attack because he is logia.
4) Can give Kaido similar internal massage via compression using his big Mochi arms (I mean Killer literally tried to compress Kaido, Katakuri can literally do the same), Kata can probably even add fire to his massage to deal "internal damage". Maybe even attempt to suffocate Kaido( unlikely to work though obviously, but still better than what Kidd and Killer can do).
5) Would easily destroy Hawkins.

In addition to :
1) Be a much better assist to the rooftop Luffy, Law and Zoro via his mochi powers, such as providing some Mochi defense in addition to Zoro's, or moving his teammates around with his Mochi (very helpful to Law).
2) Distract Big mom and kaido via Mochi
3) Future sight helps team to coordinate better.
4) Can probably even throw Big mom /Kaido off the roof if they get too cocky. Hybrid form Kaido doesn't fly anyways.

See, Katakuri alone is much more valuable as a teammate than Kidd and Killer combined on the rooftop. He can easily do what both of them have done on the rooftop (which is quite frankly, uh nothing much) up till now, and contribute even further with the versatility of his Mochi powers.

Just because Blackbeard's crew "killed" WB doesn't mean they all scale to him.

I have no issue saying Katakuri will be more useful due to his fruits versatility than kid or killer were on the rooftop.

The issue is thinking he stands a chance against them In a 1v1 situation, rhe only exception being Killer and maybe Kid (but he will get further feats against Big Mom just as Law will)

I have no issue saying Katakuri will be more useful due to his fruits versatility than kid or killer were on the rooftop.

The issue is thinking he stands a chance against them In a 1v1 situation, rhe only exception being Killer and maybe Kid (but he will get further feats against Big Mom just as Law will)
Yeah my point was that just because they are all on the rooftop doesn't mean that they are easily stronger than Kata, we have to judge them based on their performance as well.

So far Luffy should beat Kat easily
Zoro it depends if he can blitz future sight, though his AP is so high that even just one successful serious strike from Zoro would deal very high damage to Kata, I can see it going eitherways but I guess Zoro has a strong advantage.
Law is honestly tricky tbh, Katakuri can likely dodge all his attacks with his FS and Law cannot fight Kata as long as Luffy did - his DF abilities would run out, so it boilsdown to if Law can end the fight vs Kata fast, but I honestly see Kata winning Law more often than not.

Kidd and killer....they are really useless rn to me ngl unless they get new feats.

Last edited:
Yeah my point was that just because they are all on the rooftop doesn't mean that they are easily stronger than Kata, we have to judge them based on their performance as well.

So far Luffy should beat Kat easily
Zoro it depends if he can blitz future sight, though his AP is so high that even just one serious strike from Zoro would deal very high damage to Kata, I can se it going eitherways but I guess Zoro might have a strong advantage.
Law is honestly tricky tbh, Katakuri can likely dodge all his attacks with his FS and Law cannot fight Kata as long as Luffy did - his DF abilities would run out, so it boilsdown to if Law can end the fight vs Kata fast, but I honestly see Kata winning Law more often than not.

Kidd and killer....they are really useless rn to me ngl unless they get new feats.
Law and Zoro got AP, Durability and Speed scaling to the Yonko off their current feats so they shouldn't have any issues with Katakuri. Law with his fruit versatility and Zoro with his range and aoe allow them to beat him easily.

I’m all for ******** on Kid but the man literally just overpowered Big Mom as well as tanking a full on punch from her. Killer idc about

Kid would wash Kat.

Law and Zoro got AP, Durability and Speed scaling to the Yonko off their current feats so they shouldn't have any issues with Katakuri. Law with his fruit versatility and Zoro with his range and aoe allow them to beat him easily.
Law deals damage via Internal damage hax, something Kata can easily dodge via FS. Law has that shambles feat against Kaido ofc, but Shambling fast enough =/= mean he can attack Kata at such speeds, like sure he can teleport very fast, but his follow up attacks were not shown to be as fast, meaning Kata can still likely dodge them.

Ngl Kata seems like a hardcounter to Law, as long as he can predict law's follow up attacks, he should have no issue avoiding them. Meanwhile, his superior stamina to Law means that the moment Law runs out of gas, it is GG for him.

Zoro on the other hand is very different.

I’m all for ******** on Kid but the man literally just overpowered Big Mom as well as tanking a full on punch from her. Killer idc about

Kid would wash Kat.
The overpowering doesn't matter no damage was given

We saw luffy overpowering drunk kaido that doesn't mean he scaled anywhere close to him at that point

Kid would wash Kat.
He took a Haki-less punch from Big Mom...Kata would literally no sell that

Overpowered is a generous term to use, he caught her offguard while she was chasing fodders and pushed her face into the ground that dealt no damage. Guess what, even Robin managed to roll Big Mom, and Franky managed to push her over.

Oh good lord now we have people claiming Kat would no sell an attack from Big Mom.

Lol make a thread for 6-B Kat then see how far it goes

We saw luffy overpowering drunk kaido that doesn't mean he scaled anywhere close to him at that point
When did Luffy ever overpower an attack from drunk Kaido? Also if Kaido's drunk that automatically means it isn't as impressive as what kid did to big mom.

Oh good lord now we have people claiming Kat would no sell an attack from Big Mom.

Lol make a thread for 6-B Kat then see how far it goes
Bruh that attack had no haki in it,

Have you forgotten that you need to at least coat it with CoA to even damage Logia/Logia-like Paramecia like Kata?

Big mom never used any Haki attacks on Kidd, and hence Kata would no-sell all those same attacks.

When did Luffy ever overpower an attack from drunk Kaido? Also if Kaido's drunk that automatically means it isn't as impressive as what kid did to big mom.
Never said he did,I meant in pushing him down. There was nothing impressive about kid did

Big Mom would 1-shot Kat. Stop making insane claims trying to wank a 7-A saying he could no sell a hit from a 6-B

Never said he did,I meant in pushing him down. There was nothing impressive about kid did
Lol nothing impressive? Guess stoping a God Teir’s attack isn’t anything special. That’s hilarious.

I don’t like Kid either he’s probably one of my least favorite characters in the manga but I’m not going to act oblivious to his CLEAR FEATS

Big Mom would 1-shot Kat. Stop making insane claims trying to wank a 7-A saying he could no sell a hit from a 6-B

Lol nothing impressive? Guess stoping a God Teir’s attack isn’t anything special. That’s hilarious.

I don’t like Kid either he’s probably one of my least favorite characters in the manga but I’m not going to act oblivious to his CLEAR FEATS
Learn to read,

So far Big Mom's attacks on Kidd were NOT Haki infused, which means Katakuri would no sell them by default via intangibility. It has nothing to do with it being 6-B or anything. Also nice strawman trying to insinuate that I am arguing for 6-B Kata when I literally didn't mention anything about it. And nice try trying to imply that ALL of big mom's attacks including her casual punches are 6-B when it took WB's most powerful attack to even reach that AP.

Or are you trying to proof a claim that you don't need Haki to hurt beings with Logia intangiblity?

Do you even read One Piece? Do you know how does Haki work?

Last edited:
Lol nice do you even read Op argument.

Do YOU even read Op he doesn’t have passive intangibility. It’s only in his paramecia form you donut. The only reason why it seems like passive inta is bc of his future sight. That means nothing because Big Mom would blitz that just like Kaido blitzed Luffy.

YOU made the claim Kat would no sell an attack from Big Mom a 6-B I didn’t strawman anything stop throwing around fallacies you clearly don’t know how to use.

Kata would literally no sell that

big mom's attacks including her casual punches are 6-B

Her striking strength is country class regardless you donut.

Lol nice do you even read Op argument.

Do YOU even read Op he doesn’t have passive intangibility. It’s only in his paramecia form you donut. The only reason why it seems like passive inta is bc of his future sight. That means nothing because Big Mom would blitz that just like Kaido blitzed Luffy.

YOU made the claim Kat would no sell an attack from Big Mom a 6-B I didn’t strawman anything stop throwing around fallacies you clearly don’t know how to use.

Her striking strength is country class regardless you donut.
picard-facepalm.jpg

Apparently you don't need Haki to hit characters with Logia/Paramecia intangibility now..

And now apparently Big Mom's casual strikes rival that of Old WB's greatest punch..

Requoting my post because you can't read:

So far Big Mom's attacks on Kidd were NOT Haki infused, which means Katakuri would no sell them by default via intangiblity. It has nothing to do with it being 6-B or anything. Also nice strawman trying to insinuate that I am arguing for 6-B Kata when I literally didn't mention anything about it. And nice try trying to imply that ALL of big mom's attacks including her casual punches are 6-B when it took WB's most powerful attack to even reach that AP.

Which part of this do you not understand.

Last edited:
Back