• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Ace didn't get kidnapped, his crew conceded and Wb took them in
this doesn't matter
because the ironic part is
the coldest and most unforgivable actions in the manga? they're all done by the WG. For example, Im literally wiped an island out of existence because they revolted. Tons of children and pets, nuked to oblivion.

Ace didn't get kidnapped, his crew conceded and Wb took them in
That's not what happened.

Ace said he wouldn't run from the fight if Whitebeard let his crew go, not that he'd let Whitebeard take him aboard. Ace just thought that he'd die in the fight.

Whitebeard beat the shit out of him, and then took the rest of the crew prisoner when they came back for Ace.

I suppose it is kind of different from a normal kidnapping because Ace vocally planned to kill him in his quest to become the new Pirate King. At the same time, though, the rest of my point still stands.

Whitebeard protected many many islands.... Whitebeard has done more good then this whole wiki... So I don't think it's comparable at all with whitebeard and other pirates....

I mean look at this
The great pirate "Whitebeard" who loved freedom and his family!!!

"The world's most powerful man" who was once in fierce competition with the "Pirate King" and was feared even before the age of the great pirates. Despite possessing the "wobble" power that could destroy the world, Edward Newgate, a.k.a. "Whitebeard," finally refused to lay a hand on the legacy of his old enemy. He had already obtained his own treasure. It was "freedom" to conquer the seas and a beloved "family".

【The Treasure He Pursued】
From his orphaned boyhood, he had known something more important than treasure.
He's been like that since a kid

I didn't say Whitebeard didn't do any good, or even that he was comparable to most pirates. I said Whitebeard has still committed plenty of immoral actions, and is still portrayed as one of the more moral pirates, showing that established pirates in general (not necessarily Whitebeard) aren't very good people.

Last edited:
Mmm 🤔
if Whitebeard is portrayed as one of the more moral pirates, that should say a lot about how amoral most pirates are.
You still compared whitebeard .... Man I hate debating... Bro you know I'm right bye 🙈
monkey-ape.gif

I didn't compare Whitebeard to the pirates, I compared the pirates to Whitebeard because they're far worse than he is. There's a world of difference.

This is like saying a 10-kiloton bomb is high-yield because I said a 100 megaton-bomb is high-yield and far superior to a 10-kiloton bomb.

I didn't compare Whitebeard to the pirates, I compared the pirates to Whitebeard because they're far worse than he is. There's a world of difference.

This is like saying a 10-kiloton bomb is high-yield because I said a 100 megaton-bomb is high-yield and far superior to a 10-kiloton bomb.
It's like comparing a murderer to a priest and saying that the priest once spat on the floor so you can see how bad the murderer is, since they both were once McDonald's workers

limbani-monkey.gif

Not at all. Whitebeard committed actual crimes, like ******* murder and kidnapping.

This is the stupidest comparison ever, especially since I'm only talking about what Whitebeard specifically did in the comparison, not the pirates themselves.

It's literally Whitebeard killed people, and pirates are far worse than him, so this supports my argument that pirates are horrible people.

It makes sense why you don't like debates now. You're god awful at them.

It makes sense why you don't like debates now. You're god awful at them.
That's a good thing 🙈
Not at all. Whitebeard committed actual crimes, like ******* murder and kidnapping.

This is the stupidest comparison ever, especially since I'm only talking about what Whitebeard specifically did in the comparison, not the pirates themselves.

It's literally Whitebeard killed people, and pirates are far worse than him, so it's pretty evident that they're horrible people.
It's literally Whitebeard killed people
A murderer... No... Kidnapping... No

Proof whitebeard just killing people? Or even kidnapping?

That is why I defended whitebeard to begin with 🙈
Whitebeard protected many many islands.... Whitebeard has done more good then this whole wiki... So I don't think it's comparable at all with whitebeard and other pirates....

I mean look at this

He's been like that since a kid

Proof whitebeard just killing people?
Like tidal waving half the Marine fleet, even before the battle started, or dealing enough damage to the Marines to accrue a bounty of 5 billion?
Or even kidnapping?
Did you not read the previous discussion?
That is why I defended whitebeard to begin with 🙈
Cool, defend that. Don't complain about comparisons I never made.

Honestly, Whitebeard isn't even an integral point to my argument. There's still tons of relatively good-guy pirates in the series who've done some really bad shit (like half of the Supernovas, or even some of Luffy's crew). I don't even see the point in arguing.

Last edited:
Like tidal waving half the Marine fleet, even before the battle started, or dealing enough damage to the Marines to accrue a bounty of 5 billion?

Did you not read the previous discussion?

Cool, defend that. Don't complain about comparisons I never made.

Honestly, Whitebeard isn't even an integral point to my argument. There's still tons of relatively good-guy pirates in the series who've done some really bad shit (like half of the Supernovas, or even some of Luffy's crew). I don't even see the point in arguing.
No need for anger 🙈

whitebeard is defending himself and trying to free ace… where is the murder in that? Especially when the marines are the ones attacking

And kidnapping… I don’t remember that at all and the previous discussions are others saying he hasn’t if I remember correctly so not sure why I need to read that

Not anger, genuine questions and responses.

That's why I said even before.

I addressed that. So, yes, do read it if you want. I honestly don't have the effort to go through it again at this point.

Anyway, like I said, it doesn't even matter when you can say the same thing about other characters in the series. So I'm not continuing this.

Bro... Odas Foreshadowing and stuff is soo good that in mag 10 they are literally explaining stuff about that and going through the volumes/chapters 🙉

RE:ONEPIECE Checklist
PART.1

With the "Four Emperors" standing in the way and the "mysteries" of the world deepening, now is the perfect time to "re-read" the comics. Open the comics, check the list for foreshadowing and hints of the story, and venture out once more. It's time to "set sail again" for the coming climax!

Last edited:
Y'know, they'd make the perfect Cartel.
Aramaki is the drug maker for obvious reasons
Kizaru gives him light for photosynthesis
Kuzan can deliver the weed, seeing as he just rides a bike around the ocean.
Akainu and Fujitora are great for interrogation and eliminating rivals. In that world the normal way of executions or threats might not work on some people, but Magma and Gravity would always work, and it'd be much more terrifying.
Sengoku is the body guard.
They could have invested in that but they decided to be clowns and invest in the Marines
I think Garp would make for a better body guard. Or have him help the elemination part. He might have the best armament out of them as he was the only one to leave lasting damage to Marco in MF & he likely knows assasnations techniques since Koby learnt Rokushiki from him.
Sengoku on the other hand can gather intel from their rivals with his spy network. He had Rosinate as a mole in the Doflamingo's family, he likely has other agents that deal with espionage. He could help Tsuru with strategies.
Tsuru would be the brains of the operation, even Doffy doesn't want to screw with her. They could also use her DF power for blackmail seeing pathethic state of her victims.
At least Aokiji changed his investment with Crackbeard(for now).

Well technically he counters Aramaki so Aramaki is out of the question
Also he probably will be Emperor level or close to it but he's gonna need to master his fruit and get better haki then. He's cracked but he's still just 2nd/1st commander level
I can see Sabo potentially becoming as strong as the real Emperors like his brother, but right now I just don't see it because he hasn't done anything on panel since Dressrosa.

Last edited:
I can see Sabo potentially becoming as strong as the real Emperors like his brother, but right now I just don't see it because he hasn't done anything on panel since Dressrosa.
I have a feeling he's gonna kill or severely cripple Akainu, but he's probably gonna need advanced haki for that.

I have a feeling he's gonna kill or severely cripple Akainu, but he's probably gonna need advanced haki for that.
Personally, I think Luffy's gonna be the one who deals with Akainu

And while it isn't accepted here on this wiki, a lot of others already think Sabo used advanced armament in his Ryu no Ibuki attack in Ch. 743.

Personally, I think Luffy's gonna be the one who deals with Akainu

And while it isn't accepted here on this wiki, a lot of others already think Sabo used advanced armament in his Ryu no Ibuki attack in Ch. 743.
Yeah I don't know how they think it was advanced armament, however it's still impressive that he can do stuff like this
I wonder if this clip is canon because it means that Sabo was using armament and observation while Ace and Luffy were just leaving to be pirates. Come to think of it it's bizarre that Ace and Luffy never read about his feats in the newspaper..
Also about Luffy vs Akainu, I don't see it happening. He seems to be in a way different ballpark now, it's time for him to fight the big boys like Blackbeard and Im.

I asked this question awhile ago. They told me it's just another technique.
I wonder if this clip is canon because it means that Sabo was using armament and observation while Ace and Luffy were just leaving to be pirates.
Maybe? I think this filler was referenced in a SBS or sth?
Come to think of it it's bizarre that Ace and Luffy never read about his feats in the newspaper.
Luffy pays 0 attention to newspapers. Pretty sure he mentioned this when talking to Shakky for the 1st time. As for Ace, i've got no clue. What's more wierd is how Garp has trained Luffy & Ace for much longer than Coby & Helmepo yet he told the former nth about Haki.

Yeah I don't know how they think it was advanced armament, however it's still impressive that he can do stuff like this
I wonder if this clip is canon because it means that Sabo was using armament and observation while Ace and Luffy were just leaving to be pirates. Come to think of it it's bizarre that Ace and Luffy never read about his feats in the newspaper..
Also about Luffy vs Akainu, I don't see it happening. He seems to be in a way different ballpark now, it's time for him to fight the big boys like Blackbeard and Im.

I don't think it was advanced armament either, but it was the way he used it on the ring in the Colosseum that convinced people he had it.

I always figured Ace and Luffy never heard about Sabo being in the Revs because neither really read the newspaper.

And idk why you think Blackbeard is going to be in a completely different ballpark from Akainu, especially with the way Oda likes to hype him up.

I asked this question awhile ago. They told me it's just another technique.
I mean, Oda hasn't said that it is/isn't so technically it's just headcanon for now.
Maybe? I think this filler was referenced in a SBS or sth?

Luffy pays 0 attention to newspapers. Pretty sure he mentioned this when talking to Shakky for the 1st time. As for Ace, i've got no clue. What's more wierd is how Garp has trained Luffy & Ace for much longer than Coby & Helmepo yet he told the former nth about Haki.
I hope it's canon, Sabo is one of the characters I wanna wank the most besides Urouge Weevil and Hancock.
And yeah it's really strange how Garp didn't bother teaching them Haki earlier, they'd have been dangerous.

I don't think it was advanced armament either, but it was the way he used it on the ring in the Colosseum that convinced people he had it.

I always figured Ace and Luffy never heard about Sabo being in the Revs because neither really read the newspaper.

And idk why you think Blackbeard is going to be in a completely different ballpark from Akainu, especially with the way Oda likes to hype him up.
Blackbeard has 2 fruits and will probably have advanced haki
pretty sure he'd be stronger than Akainu.

We have absolutely no idea what kinda gains Akainu's made since his fight with Aokiji and he became the Fleet Admiral. I think it's too early to be saying Blackbeard's stronger than him. And let's not forget Akainu already had advanced haki pre-timeskip.

We have absolutely no idea what kinda gains Akainu's made since his fight with Aokiji and he became the Fleet Admiral. I think it's too early to be saying Blackbeard's stronger than him. And let's not forget Akainu already had advanced haki pre-timeskip.
He only had advanced armament though. But either way I don't see Luffy fighting him, he seems to be stronger than him now, and it'd be redundant because we've already had Luffy fight someone who could heat up to the point of vaporizing things, and he simply knocked them out with ACoC. Don't think Oda would do that again, and I think him getting Advanced Armament and ACoC was actually for him to be able to touch Blackbeard without getting his powers nulled.

The point is, he managed to do it, even normal Busho is already an extraordinary feat for her, now with Advanced Busho is even crazier.

IMG_20220920_035551_1.jpg

It has been confirmed that advanced busho Luffy is able to hurt Kaidou, which means Luffy with advanced busho should be equal with Ashura Zoro with advanced conqueror.

Sanji ifrit jambe > Hakiless Hybrid Queen > Hakiless Zoan Queen > Hakiless Big Mom > Advanced Busho Luffy = Zoro acoc Ashura> Hakiless Hybrid Kaidou
Another sanji Stan

Speaking of Luffy making Kaido dodge, is him forcing Kaido to dodge with nothing but Buso (since this was before he unlocked Hao Infusion despite having no training in it) an AP feat?

Or is it due to Ryou's dura neg?

He only had advanced armament though.

Tbh, we don't know if all he had was advanced armament, both Aokiji and Kizaru had implications of also having future sight. Since all three already have advanced armament, all three having advanced observation too really isn't that farfetched. And if Akainu is also revealed to have CoC in the future, you can bet he's going to have the advanced version too.

But either way I don't see Luffy fighting him, he seems to be stronger than him now, and it'd be redundant because we've already had Luffy fight someone who could heat up to the point of vaporizing things, and he simply knocked them out with ACoC. Don't think Oda would do that again, and I think him getting Advanced Armament and ACoC was actually for him to be able to touch Blackbeard without getting his powers nulled.
Well, agree to disagree. I don't think Oda really cares how redundant it is to have Luffy fight somebody again who could heat up to the point of vaporizing things. I think he cares more about Luffy getting revenge against the man who not only killed his brother in front of him, but also completely broke him and made him doubt his dream for the first time. And Luffy obviously holds a grudge over what Akainu did since the scar Akainu gave him started aching specifically when Jinbe mentioned him in Ch. 650.

Tbh, we don't know if all he had was advanced armament, both Aokiji and Kizaru had implications of also having future sight. Since all three already have advanced armament, all three having advanced observation too really isn't that farfetched. And if Akainu is also revealed to have CoC in the future, you can bet he's going to have the advanced version too.
I don't know, it's weird for him to be that powerful. Admirals have been implied to be inferior to most Emperors so I doubt he would be on par with one. Though I guess he'd have to get somewhat stronger considering he's the Fleet Admiral..

Back