• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1052: "A New Morning" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably, yes, but it is a big shame that Hollywood can almost never stay faithful to the source material and has a compulsive need to convert everything into its local politics.

Disney is politicising their recent content to an even more onesided degree than Netflix though, but it isn't nearly as extreme yet.

I’ve always seen that Boa x Luffy stuff as creepy. Boa is 30, and she’s been pining for Luffy since he was 17.
Pre timeskip it was weird. Post timeskip it's..... Still a little weird-
But re-reading Amazon Lily, Luffy's "Shut up, you dummy" causing her to nearly break her back was one of the best things to exist

Pre timeskip it was weird. Post timeskip it's..... Still a little weird-
But re-reading Amazon Lily, Luffy's "Shut up, you dummy" causing her to nearly break her back was one of the best things to exist
I forgot that, can you post an image or video of that plz?

I forgot that, can you post an image or video of that plz?
Giga-chad Luffy moment

Screenshot_32.jpg

I’ve always seen that Boa x Luffy stuff as creepy. Boa is 30, and she’s been pining for Luffy since he was 17.
The thing about that is, when characters are a teen like Luffy was, and go into dangerous journeys like sneaking into a heavily guarded prison with a man who could easily kill them with his poison, and then they go into a war with even MORE people who could easily kill/torture them and their friends, it becomes clear that things like marriage or sex wouldn't be the most dangerous or impactful things they'll go through. And besides, at that point Luffy was nearly an adult, a year away from 18, and also add in the fact that we don't exactly even know the laws of the ages of consent in their world, and especially not in a land like Amazon Lily where it's all females who PROBABLY haven't had sex unless it was with each other, and it's clear that it probably actually isn't even creepy, and possibly normal, that she was doing that in their verse, seeing as Luffy was at least an adult mentally, and basically an adult in age, meanwhile Oda had kids perving over ******* at 8, and Oden was doing even more than that at that age.

And, come to think of it, Boa probably actually thought that kind of stuff was normal anyway, no matter the age of consent in their verse, because it was sort of implied she was r__ed by the celestial dragons. So all I'm saying is, try to cut her some slack, she's had a rough life.

Enjoy. (For those who don't know, ZKK was/is a very popular theory pushed primarily by toxic zoro fans. It is an acronym meaning "Zoro kills Kaido.")

Nah they're probably gonna say that Zoro cut the magma just like he can cut fire, went through it, and stabbed Kaido to death.

Edit: I also love how they say Zoro parallels Oden, but people who actually know what Oden did know that he only gave Kaido a permanent scar then died. Meanwhile Zoro gave Kaido a permanent scar then... oh... OH NO BRO!!

Imagine being conflicted over whether or not it’s ok for a 17 year old teen to get with a 30 year old woman when this world has a literal horribly evil and corrupt genocidal slave owning monarchy alongside thousands of evil pirates who murder innocent people by the dozens

Sex is such a negative thing in people’s eyes… Even when genocide, murder, and slavery is right next to it 😭

This shit has me vibrating
Uranus is the only weapon we heard little to nothing about
I'm just hoping it's not something like Devil Fruits.
They’re fictional characters, who cares…?
I clarified that it was in the context of the series.

I don't actually care about this, if people like it, or if they want to ship these characters. In fact, if she's a fictional character, why are you guys so up in arms that I find her a tad creepy?

She's already kind of supposed to suck as a person (which, barring Jinbe, is all-but a prerequisite for becoming one of the Seven Warlords), and Luffy called her out on that.
Besides Luffy’s now 19
That doesn't remotely reverse the fact that it also happened at 17 and she wanted to marry him back then. If anything, it could be construed as grooming.
Imagine being conflicted over whether or not it’s ok for a 17 year old teen to get with a 30 year old woman when this world has a literal horribly evil and corrupt genocidal slave owning monarchy alongside thousands of evil pirates who murder innocent people by the dozens

Sex is such a negative thing in people’s eyes… Even when genocide, murder, and slavery is right next to it 😭
This is certainly a strange and nuanceless way to look at it. Worse shit than this kind of stuff (exactly like what you're saying) also exists in real life, that doesn't make this kind of stuff not bad. In the same vein (although obviously fictional, limited to that context, etc), Boa's still a creep.

But, anyway, discussing this stuff on a fictional characters wiki is not the hill I want to die on.
And, come to think of it, Boa probably actually thought that kind of stuff was normal anyway, no matter the age of consent in their verse, because it was sort of implied she was r__ed by the celestial dragons. So all I'm saying is, try to cut her some slack, she's had a rough life.
Then she's creepy, and they're downright evil.

I never claimed she was Hitler (or Harvey Weinstein, for that matter).

Hell, I never even claimed she was creepy until this post, I just said their relationship when he was 17 (mostly in a hypothetical sense, mind you) is creepy.

Last edited:
Isn't the age of consent in Japan much lower than elsewhere in the world...? Strange hill to die on, it's not like there's a sudden change in his mind between 17 and 18 that makes that imaginary relationship "good", it's bad for other reasons.

I also really don't think the show was trying to portray her that way.

Either way, Oda has already confirmed that there won't be any romance in the crew, so ships are completely meaningless.

Last edited:
There have been plenty of couples across history with significant age gaps, my own parents have a big age gap and it didn't stop them from marry each other.

Also, Luffy at this point its legally an adult, so if he want he can f**k Boa without legal repercussion, beside he is a pirate why he would care about laws of consent?

At this point, it's mostly just opinion vs opinion, and I don't want to be put in the middle of opinions (although I'd certainly have some choice words). So I'll just end it here by doing less of that.
Isn't the age of consent in Japan much lower than elsewhere in the world...?
It is, albeit with stipulations.

Tbh, I don't see how that really proves your point. A 20 year old going after a 13 year old is still seen as creepy to most of the Western World, where it's largely illegal (not that Boa and Luffy are comparable). All I ever claimed was that I personally find their relationship/Boa a bit creepy.
I also really don't think the show was trying to portray her that way.
Didn't say he was. My point was that this definitely wouldn't alter any perceptions of her character.
Also, Luffy at this point its legally an adult, so if he want he can f**k Boa without legal repercussion, beside he is a pirate why he would care about laws of consent?
Not remotely the point. I said it was creepy for her to try this stuff while he was 17.

Last edited:
I don't actually care about this, if people like it, or if they want to ship these characters. In fact, if she's a fictional character, why are you guys so up in arms that I find her a tad creepy?
We're not up in arms, we're just explaining that it's not really creepy to want to marry a 17 year old when much worse and stranger things have happened to both her and said 17 year old. Besides, she never directly said she wanted to do anything sexual with him, she just wanted to marry him. Also, there's been much creepier scenes, albeit this one's non-canon:

The
M o o n
Hear me out- Uranus is literally "Sky". It has to be a flying thing of some sort> the moon's ALWAYS above the earth
Uranus is "married to Gaia"> The Moon is-- pretty much stuck to earth, so that can be a symbolism
Enel found THINGS in there that we aren't being shown on purpose. I'll die on this hill with my tinfoil hat on, but Uranus is the moon Enel is on-

Btw, I know we agreed to Black Maria not scaling to Sanji's 6-B Haki for obvious reasons, but will she scale to normal Sanji's durability?

We're not up in arms, we're just explaining that it's not really creepy to want to marry a 17 year old when much worse and stranger things have happened to both her and said 17 year old. Besides, she never directly said she wanted to do anything sexual with him, she just wanted to marry him. Also, there's been much creepier scenes, albeit this one's non-canon:

Holy crap I forgot about that, thank GOD that's non-canon.

Worse things happening doesn't eliminate it being creepy. That's very strange logic. As I said before, I'm not saying she's on par with someone like Weinstein, or anything, I just think it's a bit weird.

She wanted to consummate the marriage as well, and constantly appears nude in front of him. Her intentions are written on the wall.

Yes, and that's pretty creepy too (I definitely though so upon watching Z). It still doesn't eliminate Boa's situation.

Yes.

If you absolutely want to continue (I don't, personally) just talk to me on my message wall.

Anyway, I wonder why they wouldn't just send an Admiral to Wano the day after the fight? 7 days after it would probably just end up in him getting ganged up on. In fact... he defeated Sabo. They ( they as in mainly Luffy obviously ) could just use him as a hostage to find Sabo and rescue him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back