• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1018: Jinbe V.S Who's Who (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway the current arc is supposed to set Luffy against all of the Yonko, so I wonder if Blackbeard is attacking Shanks while all of this is going on, which will lead Luffy to have to try to save Shanks afterwards with two at this point 5 Billion bounties fighting against each other for who is the true Pirate King.

Anyway the current arc is supposed to set Luffy against all of the Yonko, so I wonder if Blackbeard is attacking Shanks while all of this is going on, which will lead Luffy to have to try to save Shanks afterwards with two at this point 5 Billion bounties fighting against each other for who is the true Pirate King.
I doubt that. To confront Shanks head-on goes against Blackbeard's character . IMO it is more likely he has gone after Weevil and his mother.

1. He said the Marines were after them which we know to be the former Shichibukai
  2. He said "they" which cuts out Mihawk, Boa, & Buggy
  3. Teach is a great lover of history with a particular faschination for Xebec. Bakkin is a 40 year old woman with ties to Whitebeard from around that era and maybe knows more about the other Rocks members.
  4. It acknowledges those characters who otherwise have no reason for being in the story.
But that is just my opinion/prediction.

Well, I suppose that is as good a guess as any.

Also, Dr.Fix has told me that he did not intend to troll anybody via a private message, so let's try to leave him alone about this.

Blackbeard could be going after the Poneglyphs at WCI, which would make sense given the current BM pirate situation (most of her officers being at Wano), and the marines are currently occupied with the Shichibukai, meaning they wont have the resources to go after WCI at this moment if they wanted to.

The Weevil possibility is there, especially since we have been focusing on Rocks for a while now. I just expect Weevil and his mother to go on their own until they start giving the SHs problems.

Honestly, there are more options for BB's crew to go for, but these are probably the most sensible choices. For all we know, they could go to Impel Down again LMFAO. Imagine them rolling in with no Marine reinforcement, and they're like "Ah, it's recruiting season again! Time for more Level 6-tier pirates :)" and they get Doflamingo among any others that could be down there. Would set-up for a Doffy vs Law rematch assuming the SH vs BB pirates stuff happens soonish.

Possible targets for Blackbeard IMO :
1. Attempting to recruit the Shichibukai (heavily implied in the chapter, but could be a Red Herring)
2. Ancient weapons
3. Some secret government facility. Maybe he knows about the world government's secret scientific weapon

I do not see BB going after Poneglyphs this late in the game. He would be putting himself well behind Luffy and force Oda to dedicate chapters he doesn't have to BB catching up. If he does not go after Weevil & Mother my 2nd guess is that he will attack WCI, but only to acquire Pudding and her potential ability to read them. The problem with this and why I have it as #2 is:

Pudding's ability is still dormant
*Pudding's potential could come out if she helps the Strawhats after they loose Robin
Weevil & Mother would still be a shotgun on the wall, meaning they have no purpose to being in the story.

*NOTES: Yes, I could see BB stealing Robin along with all of the collected Poneglyph info from Luffy as it is in his character to capitalize rather than work hard.

NOTES: Yes, I could see BB stealing Robin along with all of the collected Poneglyph info from Luffy as it is in his character to capitalize rather than work hard.
This seems most characteristic for him, yes, but I personally think that the story needs some kind of higher stakes to allow this conflict to occurr based on Oda's usual storytelling style.

This seems most characteristic for him, yes, but I personally think that the story needs some kind of higher stakes to allow this conflict to occurr based on Oda's usual storytelling style.
How's this:

Blackbeard steals Shanks Supreme King Haki & kills him​

Blackbeard kills Yasoop, father of Sogeking.​

Blackbeard kidnaps Robin, beloved member of the Strawhat crew​

Blackbeard kills Mihawk in the climax of Zoro's fight, stealing his mentor and opprotunity to become WSS​

Blackbeard steals all the information they have worked so hard for leaving Luffy's no way at becoming Pirate King​

Bonus: Blackbeard kills Garp in the redo of God valley at Laughtale

Blackbeard steals Shanks Supreme King Haki & kills him
If Gryphon was Xebec's former sword I could probably see Blackbeard stealing that from Shanks, considering he did name his ship "Xebec's Saber" it shows he does have some interest in it.

Dr.Fix was likely not being serious. He is just upset with me at the moment.

This conversation would be great to have at a One Piece General Discussion Thread instead of a Chapter Discussion
Should we stop having threads for individual chapters and switch to that instead then?

Should we stop having threads for individual chapters and switch to that instead then?
Personally, I prefer this format because a single thread soon becomes too big to actually be engaging. Whereas chapter-wise threads, I feel spark fresh discussion every week

Yeah the main reason why these threads for chapters only were created was to prevent people just posting spoilers in the general discussion thread for people who don't engage with spoilers.

But for regular one piece discussions they should take place in the general discussion thread. It would be helpful though if the general discussion thread was easier to find.

If Gryphon was Xebec's former sword I could probably see Blackbeard stealing that from Shanks, considering he did name his ship "Xebec's Saber" it shows he does have some interest in it.
Possibly, though if Gryphon is inherited I would predict that sword belonged to Rayleigh instead as he was shown using a different sword in the past then he does now. I cannot see Roger keeping and passing down such a cursed thing as Xebec's sword to his cabin boy.
Dr.Fix was likely not being serious. He is just upset with me at the moment.

Nope, I am 100% serious in this prediction two arcs from now not suggest a CRT obviously. You wanted higher stakes so I picked this as a good time to drop that.
This conversation would be great to have at a One Piece General Discussion Thread instead of a Chapter Discussion

Yeah I do agree, wish that thread was more active.

Nope, I am 100% serious in this prediction two arcs from now not suggest a CRT obviously. You wanted higher stakes so I picked this as a good time to drop that.
Well, I think that something suitably epic for One Piece would be if Luffy first has to rush to save Shanks from Blackbeard and then has to rush to save his brother from the world government, but it is better if we continue in the new main thread.

Yeah, i want to see if R/B will team up to defeat Maria (like S/J vs Wadatsumi) or if Brook will just fight the randoms/be a support, and i want to see if Sasaki's sword is really like Renji's Shikai like i said it would be months ago and if he will really be Kokoro's son.
When it comes to the Robin/Brook vs. Black Maria fight, I'm really hoping it's the latter scenario you mentioned or Brook is removed from the battle some other way after Oda used Sanji to hype up Robin against Black Maria in Chapter 1004. They're the ones who have the main issue in this fight after all, Brook is basically just a third wheel. Oda better give Robin a power-up like he's done almost all of the East Blue 5 except Usopp and even Chopper during Wano, or have her reveal a secret ultimate technique or both (CoA Awakening + Ryusoken technique combined with her DF abilities).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back