• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1016: "This is O-Tama!!" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally never even thought of placing Robin or Franky above Sanji, I did think about it with Jinbe but thats clearly been shown to not be the case however Yamato is still a maybe, cause 1) They havn’t offically joined 2) They are about to fight Kaido whos far above anyone Sanji has fought.

From Alabasta onwards, people including myself think Robin could just oneshot Sanji and maybe Zoro (Luffy is out of the question cuz elasticity >>> binding attacks) up until around Enies Lobby since she gets like no feats until Thriller Bark. And by EL, Zoro and Sanji have gotten way stronger.

The Monster Trio is almost exclusively a fan-made thing.
Tbh, I used to think that due to how easily Robin dealt with most of the Straw Hats both times she snuck aboard the ship (though even then I never believed she would actually replace Sanji), but yeah around EL they clearly became stronger than Robin.

The Monster Trio thing has actually been brought up in the story twice. While I personally really don't care if a new member does break it up, it just seems like at this point Oda doesn't seem like he wants to change up who the top three strongest fighters of the Straw Hats will be.

Last edited:
Well, so far it seems like Yamato is stronger than Sanji, but maybe I am wrong.

Should we call Yamato "he" or "she" btw? It seems unclear if they identify as a woman who simply looks up to Oden or as a trans-male. It has not been made completely clear yet, at least to me.
Definitely not a trans-male (no disrespect to any that I might have offended w/ that statement).

Yamato switches between "Yamato" and "Oden". "Yamato" is the girl that was friends with Ace, the child of Kaido, the one that wants to join Luffy. "Oden" is the one who read Oden's journal, the "father" of Momonosuke, the one that calls Kaido "Kaido", the one who fights alongside the scabbards, etc.

Since she was introduced as "Kaido's son" and dubbed as "him".
0979-013.png
0981-010.png
0982-012.png
0983-017.png
0984-014.png

I usually say he because I'm used to it. Not because of gender, but because that was how Yamato was introduced.

But occasionally I'll say she, because she is a girl.
It's not because she wants to be a man, it's because she wants to be Oden.

I'll call her she occasionally though, because I don't identify her as Oden, I identify her as Yamato.
0994-017.png

The monster trio was established in Thriller Bark then brought back up during Fishman Island.
0455-014.png
0606-005.png

This is and has been a thing. It's not fan made. They've been referred to as 3 monsters.

Not at all because the Monster Trio was established after they both Joined.

Jinbe's fighting a tobiroppo. Sanji matched a calamity and bodied another calamity.
Sanji > Jinbe by far.

Yamato is about to fight Kaido, who's >>>>> King, who's ≥ Sanji.
I do admittedly lean more towards the Sanji > Jinbe side, but I wouldn't say by far just yet lol. While Jinbe's fighting a Tobi Roppo and Sanji has feats against two Calamities, we can't just forget about Jinbe's past feats. I'm pretty confident Jinbe could beat Queen just like Sanji's about to do.

Even if Yamato starts out being stronger than Sanji, if he joins, I already see Oda giving Sanji another power-up to help him pull ahead of Yamato.

I do admittedly lean more towards the Sanji > Jinbe side, but I wouldn't say by far just yet lol. While Jinbe's fighting a Tobi Roppo and Sanji has feats against two Calamities, we can't just forget about Jinbe's past feats. I'm pretty confident Jinbe could beat Queen just like Sanji's about to do.
I'll take this with a powerscaling perspective.

Jinbe's best feats outside of OutlierFord was fighting against G2nd Luffy who bruised him, matching an unexperienced Ace, fighting a Tobiroppo, and being > Hody.

One Kick DJ Sanji >>> Queen > Jack > Injured Jack > Who's Who ~ Jinbe.
Even if Yamato starts out being stronger than Sanji, if he joins, I already see Oda giving Sanji another power-up to help him pull ahead of Yamato.
Unless he puts Yamato under King, I don't see it

Definitely not a trans-male (no disrespect to any that I might have offended w/ that statement).

Yamato switches between "Yamato" and "Oden". "Yamato" is the girl that was friends with Ace, the child of Kaido, the one that wants to join Luffy. "Oden" is the one who read Oden's journal, the "father" of Momonosuke, the one that calls Kaido "Kaido", the one who fights alongside the scabbards, etc.

Since she was introduced as "Kaido's son" and dubbed as "him".
0979-013.png
0981-010.png
0982-012.png
0983-017.png
0984-014.png

I usually say he because I'm used to it. Not because of gender, but because that was how Yamato was introduced.

But occasionally I'll say she, because she is a girl.
It's not because she wants to be a man, it's because she wants to be Oden.

I'll call her she occasionally though, because I don't identify her as Oden, I identify her as Yamato.
0994-017.png
I generally try to refer to to Yamato as They/Them, tho ill at times use he/him and she/her. So far they seem Genderfluid to me but we could obviously get a more definitive answer from the Vivre Cards.

I'll take this with a powerscaling perspective.

Jinbe's best feats outside of OutlierFord was fighting against G2nd Luffy who bruised him, matching an unexperienced Ace, fighting a Tobiroppo, and being > Hody.

One Kick DJ Sanji >>> Queen > Jack > Injured Jack > Who's Who ~ Jinbe.

Unless he puts Yamato under King, I don't see it
Shouldn't Jinbe's best feats also include what he did in WCI against Big Mom?

We haven't seen enough of Jinbe's fight with Who's Who to say they're on par with each other. We can't even say Jinbe's struggling against him.

Well I do see it, just I like saw Oda making sure Sanji would remain the third strongest when Jinbe joined. But again, that's if Yamato actually joins.

Shouldn't Jinbe's best feats also include what he did in WCI against Big Mom?
The hungry one?
We haven't seen enough of Jinbe's fight with Who's Who to say they're on par with each other. We can't even say Jinbe's struggling against him.
1003-012.png
1005-007.png
1014-008.png

Definitely relative
Well I do see it, just I like saw Oda making sure Sanji would remain the third strongest when Jinbe joined. But again, that's if Yamato actually joins.
Fair

The hungry one?

1003-012.png
1005-007.png
1014-008.png

Definitely relative

Fair

Yeah, Hungry Big Mom. Unless JInbe has some feats against Regular Big Mom that I don't know about.

As for Jinbe and Who's Who, if you say so. I'm not saying it's impossible, I just need to see a whole lot more of that fight before I can agree with that.

I know this may be off topic but I feel after watching the vid down below Luffy in the future may gain telepathic resistance..Something I can say I never expected

Sad but accurate. Tbh, I'm surprised we didn't see Robin and Brook already standing over a defeated Black Maria in one of those one panels he showed us of them in the past two chapters. After all, you got to be one of the East Blue 5 or Chopper or Law to get any screen time (or power-ups) in this story, despite the fact Robin has always been one of Oda's most popular characters.

Could we just this once? He had some cool moments in Whole Cake Island on his own, and Robin hasn't had any since Usopp knows how long.
Robin just had some cool moments on her own in Wano before current Act 3. She also had multiple cool moments on her own back in Dressrosa and Fishman Island.

And as for Brook, I think I'm finally at peace that Oda shoehorned him into Robin's fight with Black Maria when he could've easily set up a fight of his own. Like I said before, just as long as Robin is doing the main fighting and he's just support, I'm fine with it. But at this point I'm starting to fear we're only going to get half a chapter of the actual fight before it concludes.

Robin just had some cool moments on her own in Wano before current Act 3. She also had multiple cool moments on her own back in Dressrosa and Fishman Island.

And as for Brook, I think I'm finally at peace that Oda shoehorned him into Robin's fight with Black Maria when he could've easily set up a fight of his own. Like I said before, just as long as Robin is doing the main fighting and he's just support, I'm fine with it. But at this point I'm starting to fear we're only going to get half a chapter of the actual fight before it concludes.
Feels bad, man.

Aye, nice and solid chapter. Nice to see some legitimate Nami hype as the SH crew just grows in power.

Even tho the Yamato and Kaido clash was only 2 pages it was still pretty awesome, so hyped for more.
a friend of mine noted they possibly parted some cloud during there clash

A solid chapter overall (y)(y)

It may be weird but I enjoyed seeing more of Boa-H's personality this chapter and the way it backfired big time. It is fitting Usoop was the one to see this and take advantage given his history with kids and lies. Now we'll soon see what order Pirate King Tama gives to her followers.

Boost for Nami this chapter as she finally gets Zeus all to herself 🤝 . The newest Strawhat memebr gives her soem juice and the ability of homing attacks. He also transformed the staff into a mace and attacked by himself so it is possible we'll see more new abilities as their partnership blossoms.

Not taking anything away from Ulti of course. The fact she got back up after Big Mom's Godzilla is a feat to her endurance.

On the serious subject of Yamato and gender it is best to use whatever pronoun Yamato uses/identifies as. Kaido is Woke and refers to Yamato as his son. Yamato also introduced himself as Kaido's son. it was only a box when Yamato took off his mask that said daughter. For those reasons it is best to use him/his unless Yamato refers to himself as otherwise. What is nice is that Oda doesn't seem to have a problem pairing him with men and women for fights unlike his typical treatment of gender.

Also confirmation Yamato will join Strawhat crew post Wano and he will be the 3rd Conqueror just as Oden was the third in Roger's crew. That crew is really getting strong now. :love:

I could personally see Yamato being stronger than Sanji, but we will have to see.

Should we call Yamato "he" or "she" btw? It seems unclear if they identify as a woman who simply looks up to Oden or as a trans-male. It has not been made completely clear yet, at least to me.
Well yamato is a female, with female body parts obviously, but wants to be a male because she looks up to oden. Personally I would say she, because she's not wanting to be the other gender alone, but just oden.

On the serious subject of Yamato and gender it is best to use whatever pronoun Yamato uses/identifies as. Kaido is Woke and refers to Yamato as his son. Yamato also introduced himself as Kaido's son. it was only a box when Yamato took off his mask that said daughter. For those reasons it is best to use him/his unless Yamato refers to himself as otherwise. What is nice is that Oda doesn't seem to have a problem pairing him with men and women for fights unlike his typical treatment of gender.
I feel like Yamato's self-identification as a man is a consequence of his self-identification as Oden, because Oden was a man. I think it is clear that Yamato wants others to treat him as a man

Okay. I suppose that we should use "he" for the time being, to stay on the safe side until we are told otherwise, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back