• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1016: "This is O-Tama!!" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Spoilers come out on Wednesday, Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

Break Next Week

Chapter Link: Viz, Mangaplus

Spoilers could potentially be discussed in this thread and try not to derail this thread.

Last edited:
Can't Wait for Nami Downplay.
If people downplay Nami after this, then that's all on Oda tbh. There's nothing impressive at all about her getting a victory over a nerfed Tobi Roppo member. And the fact that Ulti was able to get back up in the first place after taking Big Mom's attack shows that Nami couldn't beat her in one attack even if she had fought her with Zeus the entire time.

Anyway, this really feels like we might be getting more spoilers before we get the full summary later on this week, or at least that's what I'm hoping because I'd really like to know what the hell's going on with Robin and Black Maria before we go on another break.

Oh shit so Yamato and Kaido have a haki clash.

The way the leakers are describing it it sounds as if Nani’s lightning is sentient/controlled by Zeus.

And idc what anybody says Nami beating a tobi roppo is impressive. Especially since we know the endurance of these Zoans. Are we forgetting the tobi roppo are close in power to the commanders?/ Was prominent Captains in the new world?

Is it just me that having this weird feeling that Yamato might be not make it out alive? considering how Oda on the roll by killing all the characters rn

Yamato and Kaido have a haki clash.
It says to be black lightning, Theory of 3 Haoshoku User of SHP Monsters will come true soon.
Yeah the durability of these ancient zoans is crazy, no one should be downplaying defeating or even damaging one.

Indeed, Ulti took an Attack from Yamato, Nami And Big Mom but still survive and do a lot of shit.
Real talk and didn’t Ulti force Luffy to use gear 4th?

Also took a full on attack from Yamato and got up quickly the same Yamato that is finna fight Kaido 1v1 until Luffy arrives.
Of course, we will scale Ulti above Page1 which can tank Luffy's Gear3 punch

Oh shit so Yamato and Kaido have a haki clash.

The way the leakers are describing it it sounds as if Nani’s lightning is sentient/controlled by Zeus.

And idc what anybody says Nami beating a tobi roppo is impressive. Especially since we know the endurance of these Zoans. Are we forgetting the tobi roppo are close in power to the commanders?/ Was prominent Captains in the new world?
I'd been wondering if Yamato had Conqueror's Haki like his Dad, so glad it's finally confirmed.

And about Nami's win over Ulti, I stand by what I said. I haven't forgotten that the Tobi Roppo are close in power to the Commanders/are Prominent Captains in the New World at all, which is why I would've actually found it more impressive had Oda let Nami found a way to win against Ulti with Zeus without Big Mom severely weakening her first. Just like he let her find a way to beat Miss Doublefinger and Kalifa on her own without that kind of assistance. But to each their own.

Last edited:
Even though Nami gets help, they will still scale, this is the same as Luffy vs Doffy, which Law helps, after all, they are still scaling because they hurt each other.

Seriously, after all the damage it took just to finally put down Ulti (then again, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if that still wasn't the end of her lol), I'm really interested in seeing what attacks Robin, Jinbe, and Franky use to defeat Black Maria, Who's Who, and Sasaki.

New Monster Trio (All Conqueors):
Luffy, Zoro & Yamato
I would assume Jinbe fighting for that position if Yamato is indeed equal to Ace. Also wondering if Zoro (without Ashura) is stronger than those two physically. We've seen Jinbe be impressive against Big Mom solo, but it was only for a short skirmish. We have no idea how he'd do in a straight up fight (despite obviously taking an L by the end of it).

Kinda wish Jinbe made it to the roof. If the 6 of them competed against BM and Kaido, they might have actually managed to properly separate them.

Funny thing is if Yamato went even with Ace and never resorted to his DF ability. If that's the case, Yama definitely > Ace most likely.

Imagine both Zoro and Sanji kicked out of the top 3 spot. Fanbase be pissed.

Last edited:
I would assume Jinbe would be fighting for that position if Yamato is indeed equal to Ace. Also wondering if Zoro (without Ashura) is indeed stronger than those two physically.

Imagine both Zoro and Sanji kicked out of the top 3 spot. Fanbase be pissed
Based off the spoilers she's probably not equal with ace any longer, or maybe she has Haoshoku's coating and Base Yamato was relative to Ace but with Haoshoku coating she is like Kaido tier or something.

IMO Jinbe really hasn't shown much to even be in the running anymore, if anything it's now a competition between him, Sanji and Franky for the their own trio.

Zoro cut into Kaido w/out Asura already. He has a solid spot regardless
Think Zoro's doing just fine though.

Lol. Idk why people keep trying to replace Sanji in the M3 whenever someone new joins the crew (if Yamato is actually joining), it's just not happening. It didn't when Robin joined, it didn't when Franky joined, and it's becoming clear it's not happening now that Jinbe is a crew member. And if Yamato joins, I still doubt it's going to change. Oda clearly loves Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji being the three strongest fighters of the crew.

Based off the spoilers she's probably not equal with ace any longer, or maybe she has Haoshoku's coating and Base Yamato was relative to Ace but with Haoshoku coating she is like Kaido tier or something.

IMO Jinbe really hasn't shown much to even be in the running anymore, if anything it's now a competition between him, Sanji and Franky for the their own trio.

Think Zoro's doing just fine though.
Perhaps Ace could use Haoshoku in a similar fashion. I believe all Haoshoku users who are competent in its use should likely get a "higher" scaling since we see Luffy, Doflamingo, and Katakuri all use it at some point in there fight (but not at the level Luffy is currently using it). Yamato might be doing the same thing here, but I'll need to see if it's actually distinguishable.

Luffy's Haoshoku strikes were powerful enough to clash evenly with Doflamingo's and Katakuri's right out the gate pretty much (Granted, all 3 were beaten up by that point). And here it was able to clash evenly with Kaido's (..both being beaten up by that point).

Jinbe still has his mastery over Fishman Karate, which I think keeps him in the running solely because he could likely reach the same result as Zoro/Luffy when it comes to hurting Kaido, just strictly using the water in Kaido's body... unless you wanna say Killer's dura negation is > Jinbe's o-o.

Lol. Idk why people keep trying to replace Sanji in the M3 whenever someone new joins the crew (if Yamato is actually joining), it's just not happening. It didn't when Robin joined, it didn't when Franky joined, it's becoming clear it wasn't happening after Jinbe. And if Yamato joins, I still doubt it's going to change.
From Alabasta onwards, people including myself think Robin could just oneshot Sanji and maybe Zoro (Luffy is out of the question cuz elasticity >>> binding attacks) up until around Enies Lobby since she gets like no feats until Thriller Bark. And by EL, Zoro and Sanji have gotten way stronger.

The Monster Trio is almost exclusively a fan-made thing.

Jinbe still has his mastery over Fishman Karate, which I think keeps him in the running solely because he could likely reach the same result as Zoro/Luffy when it comes to hurting Kaido, just strictly using the water in Kaido's body... unless you wanna say Killer's dura negation is > Jinbe's o-o.
This is a good point, forgot about his durability negation.
Perhaps Ace could use Haoshoku in a similar fashion. I believe all Haoshoku users who are competent in its use should likely get a "higher" scaling since we see Luffy, Doflamingo, and Katakuri all use it at some point in there fight (but not at the level Luffy is currently using it). Yamato might be doing the same thing here, but I'll need to see if it's actually distinguishable.

Luffy's Haoshoku strikes were powerful enough to clash evenly with Doflamingo's and Katakuri's right out the gate pretty much (Granted, all 3 were beaten up by that point). And here it was able to clash evenly with Kaido's (..both being beaten up by that point).
Could have a point there since when two conqueror's clash they do tend to be at a level of strength they weren't previously (Doflamingo & Katakuri vs Luffy), atlhough I wouldn't really call it the same as the Haoshoku Coating that Kaido and others use, it's more so only activates when two conqueror's clash rather than actively in every attack like Haoshoku Coating.

I guess if I were to word it I would say "Higher when clashing with Haoshoku Haki" or something like that.

Last edited:
I could personally see Yamato being stronger than Sanji, but we will have to see.

Should we call Yamato "he" or "she" btw? It seems unclear if they identify as a woman who simply looks up to Oden or as a trans-male. It has not been made completely clear yet, at least to me.

For me they seem more Gender Fluid then one or the other tbh, as they have shifted between their “Oden” and “Yamato” sides which at least personally seem like their male and female sides.

(Although im by no means super knowledgeable on this so im not really certain, if someone more knowledgeable on it says something different id obviously listen)

The monster trio was established in Thriller Bark then brought back up during Fishman Island.
0455-014.png
0606-005.png

This is and has been a thing. It's not fan made. They've been referred to as 3 monsters.

Lol. Idk why people keep trying to replace Sanji in the M3 whenever someone new joins the crew (if Yamato is actually joining), it's just not happening. It didn't when Robin joined, it didn't when Franky joined,
Not at all because the Monster Trio was established after they both Joined.
and it's becoming clear it's not happening now that Jinbe is a crew member.
Jinbe's fighting a tobiroppo. Sanji matched a calamity and bodied another calamity.
Sanji > Jinbe by far.
And if Yamato joins, I still doubt it's going to change. Oda clearly loves Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji being the three strongest fighters of the crew.
Yamato is about to fight Kaido, who's >>>>> King, who's ≥ Sanji.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back