• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1011: "The Code of Sweet Beans" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

Break Next Week

Chapter Link: Viz, Mangaplus

Spoilers could potentially be discussed in this thread and try not to derail this thread.

Last edited:
Man I be feeling like an addict for the spoilers, that wait was too long.

Anyways some Big Mom focus might be good for Kid and Killer. Hopefully it’s an action chapter and we can see some new techniques.

Anyways some Big Mom focus might be good for Kid and Killer. Hopefully it’s an action chapter and we can see some new techniques.
The best would be if Kidd and Sanji tag out Marco, so the latter can heal Zoro, Law, and the Scabbards.

I wouldn’t mind Sanji coming in to take out Queen and Marco handles King. Then chopper can heal everybody. There are so many doctors on Onigashima I think it's inevitable for Zoro and co to get healed.

I'm thinking maybe all the Supernova regroup and help Luffy finish off Kaido or somehow make it back up to the rooftop.

Wait, Big Mom will switch sides and literally attack one of Kaido's officers, just because she likes small children?

I really hope that information is missing from these spoilers, I could understand if she suffered a head injury that woke up the "O-Lin" personality that we saw at the beginning of Wano, but this is difficult to swallow coming from Oda.

I guess Big Mom have a soft spot for children and that anybody who harm them need to be taught a lesson. Even Big Mom has standards

But she is a canniballistic psychopath who is willing to eat her own grown children, enslaves her entire country, and constantly drains the lifeforces of the population. It is a big surprise that she actually has any standards.

I wouldn’t mind Sanji coming in to take out Queen and Marco handles King. Then chopper can heal everybody. There are so many doctors on Onigashima I think it's inevitable for Zoro and co to get healed.

I'm thinking maybe all the Supernova regroup and help Luffy finish off Kaido or somehow make it back up to the rooftop.
Marco can heal others as an actual power though.

I think Big Mom is acting this way because she has only had positive experiences with children due to always finding her other child friends endearing and completely blocked out the incident of--you know--eating them. (not to mention her temper-tantrums supporting the idea that she has a childish persona)

She probably remembers her entire relationship with O-tama, and STILL wants to eat Red Bean Soup. Hearing about the town being destroyed (the one O-Lin wanted to share with) must have genuinely pissed her off. It's actually understandable to me.

She also doesn't see attacking Page One as a meaningful thing to Kaido, so she feels free to lash out. She is definitely going to come off as a traitor and be confused as to why the Beast Pirates are attacking her. Kaido might get pissed.

Maybe Big Mom treats her children with a lot of care when they are really young, and enjoys playing with them, but once they start hitting adolescence, she subconsciously begins to resent them.

Last edited:
I feel like Kidd vs Mama is still happening.
Also, R.I.P Supernovas hype, Killer will fight Hawkins who doesn't seem to be stronger than Calamities.

Hawkins' actions are very telling to me.

In Chapter 990, he predicted that a "certain man" has a 1% chance of surviving until tomorrow. From that, and his neutral actions, we couldn't really tell what was going through his head--especially since he basically went mia immediately after Drake was exposed as a traitor.

However, in this chapter, he attacks Kid and Killer, and notes that Killer has a 92% chance of death.

The notable thing is that Hawkins is still going against Luffy's alliance despite "someone" having a 1% chance of survival. Considering he is still actively fighting on the side of the Beast Pirates, it is safe to say that this person is someone notable on Luffy's side, since it can not be Kaido or any of his allies (contradictions, and what-not).

I think Hawkins predicted Law or Luffy having a 1% chance of survival.
  • Law because of my theory around him sacrificing himself for Luffy out of respect. Hawkins also shows interest in Law since they fought 3 times, and Law is the joint-leader of the alliance, so it would make sense for Hawkins to look at his chances.
  • Luffy because Hawkins has noted once that his "chance of survival never drops to 0" and would serve as a potential plot device that might make Hawkins defect at some point if that value does not decrease the longer the battle goes.
Honestly though, unless Hawkins has MANY MANY cards up his sleeve, I fail to see how he can face ANY of the 5 Supernova who have been fighting against the Yonko up until now. Even if we consider Killer the weakest of the 5, Hawkins was easily overpowered by Pre-Enma Zoro, and Law nearly killed Hawkins in 3 moves had he not held back.

----

I like the idea of Big Mom making more homies, but am I the only one who also thinks that this gradually weakens her overall? I mean, she takes fragments of her own soul to make these powerful homies, so it'd be quite obvious. I'm glad that the explanation for Big Mom's burst of anger wasn't because of Tama specifically, but because Kaido's men destroyed an entire town that took care of her. I was worried for a moment.

inb4 people demand 6-B Page One assuming he gets back up at some point from Big Mom's Haki punch (Also, finally proven that Big Mom can also use Haoshoku in combat just like every other competent Haoshoku user we've seen).

I suspect Law and Zoro wont be doing anything for a while since a) Zoro is wounded, thus Law will have to treat his injuries, and b) Law also has to keep an eye on Zeus.

RAWS are out, thankfully Hawkins is transformed before fighting Killer, because we all know that would REALLY mess up the scaling if he somehow went even while in base form. Would have to assume Luffy and Zoro were Yonko-tier the whole time :O

Tobi Roppo might actually be within the same general tier as the Lead Performers if Hawkins somehow stalemates Killer (since the Tobi Roppo are considered the strongest Headliners)

Last edited:
My take on this is that Big Mom is a likely psychopathic cannibal, but Kaido is a genocidal nihilist, who will gladly slaughter children, so he is so bad that even BM is rethinking her alliance with him.

Luffy is just insane, he's currently clashing with Hybrid Kaido, I know that someone will disagree with me, but he's on a whole different level than Zoro, apparently imbued sandals are stronger than enma.
Zeus will of course be a permanent power-up to Nami, he'll be back to her after seeing he was replaced by an other homie.
Hawkins vs Killer, I didn't expect that, but let's see, they're both injured so It will be a fair fight and this also confirms that Killer is more than likely weaker than Queen and King (so If Sanji defeats Queen or King I'll finally stop earring stuff like "Sanji Is not rooftop level").
About Kidd, he's searching for Mama, and Mama is searching for him, their fight will be a parallel to that of Luffy and Kaido in my opinion, and I can't wait to see It.
Big Mom's moral code makes sense with her background and I'm happy she wasn't Olin as some people expected, but since the spoiles went out I was sure she wasn't Olin, so I am happy I was right about that).
About Usopp, I have to say he showed some new good stuff, so congrats for him, but he's still not on the level of Page One.
Talking about Page One, if he stands up after that I think that I understimated Kaido's crew.

Well honestly this is what I expected Kaido to do, I knew the body shot and upper cut wouldnt do much damage but damn is Luffys flip flop stronk.

For BM... I knew she was gonna betray Kaido but tbh this wasnt the reasoing I was expecting lol.

Pretty great chapter overall, for the whole “Kaido is just worse than BM” honestly I dont know if id go there, id just say they both have their own quirks and one of BMs is she has a soft apot for children but its hard to really look at what she does says its nit as bad as Kaido.

Unpopular opinion : Big Mom is my favorite Yonko because she just completely defies expectations at nearly every instance ... IMO she is probably the most consequential and interesting morally grey character in One Piece. She is also such an inconsistent person too, which only adds to the fun

In comparison, the characterization for Kaido and even Whitebeard kinda falls flat, and we haven't seen enough of Blackbeard or Shanks to compare

Kaido is just one of those generic villains who are cruel and want to take over the world. As much as Big Mom devours human beings and rapes people she at least wants to unify all races in her crew, it is not beautiful?

Id say theres more to Kaidos character then you are giving him credit for, maybe not as much as BM but I definitely wouldnt call him just a generic villain.

He wants to take over the world the same way BM does but instead if the unify all races he wants to start the greatest so he can die in a grand way. Which isnt on par with BMs but theres more to his character than “Cruel and wants to rule the world”.

Also WB slander wont be stood for 👀.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back