• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1006: The Honorable "Hyogoro of the Flower" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The anime is getting dangerously close to the manga at this point. I wouldn't be surprised at a hiatus (or another filler arc) after this flashback.

But back to chapter 1006, after re-reading it, I think everyone is overestimating Marco a little too much. He has been fighting King and Queen off-panel since chapter 1000, and we see that of all 3 fighters, Marco is questionably the most "damaged".
  • King, despite taking two attacks directly, seems to be fine outside of your typical "dripping a little bit of blood from the mouth"
  • Queen, seemingly worse-off than King, only has shallow cuts from the "Crane Talons" hitting him in the face, and has not suffered much damage either.
  • Marco, who has regeneration as a crutch, has still taken some damage from King's attacks, and is burning himself out in order to take on these two opponents. He's huffing and puffing while K/Q both seem high on stamina.
It's not crazy to think Marco is going to lose this fight if it keeps going as a 1v2. Throw Perospero into the mix (arguably a full tier below King/Queen as a combatant), and it might end up resulting in Marco's death.
  • Which brings up the theory where I believe Marco will revive by literally "rising from the ashes", and either be restored to 100%, or he might end up turning into a brat since Phoenix are depicted as reviving as infants, thus restarting their life-cycle.

@CinCameron20 Yeah I do agree.

Marco hurt Queen with fire (Shockwave?) which is techincally LDN. Queen was no more damaged from that than Duffy was taking RH

Both Queen and King took Marco's other attacks while in base form, not zoan.

Both Queen and King damaged Marco both on and off panel, though I know there is some debate regarding Marco's supposed "intangibility".

All three fighters should be capable of fights for days scaling from Jack and Ace, yet Marco is already exhausted.

Were queen’s lasers that same as a pacifista’s?
Marco dodged one of the lasers while queen was pretty close to him.

I know there is some debate regarding Marco's supposed "intangibility".
I suspect Marco's regeneration is limited based on his feathers--which he has been recently using in some of his attacks. He can consciously choose to regenerate from certain hits, or just "accept the damage" in order to preserve the number of "heals" he can give himself. If he takes a hit that will bruise him, he wont waste healing. If it's an attack that chops off an arm, or takes out an eye, he'll heal.

That. Or King's Armament Haki is strong enough to bypass the regeneration to an extent (I doubt this a little since he lopped off one of Marco's wings, and Marco healed from that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back