• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1006: The Honorable "Hyogoro of the Flower" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

No Break Next Week

Link to Fan Translations: Viz, Mangaplus

Chapter Poll: Chapter Poll

Spoilers could potentially be discussed in this thread and try not to derail this thread.

Last edited:
Yes, I hope that Tama will be able to convert at least a part of Kaido's strongest subordinates to the Straw Hat side.

Depending on Sanji's choice will change his matchup I guess, kind of want Yamato Vs Jack tbh since it could introduce Yamato & momo to Hiyori (assuming Hiyori is the silhouette)

Damn, this next chapter could definitely be intense. I really wanna see Yamato fight one of the Calamities.

1) Yamato should be perfectly fine defending Momonosuke (with Shinobu's assist), so I think we can all agree Sanji is heading to Kin'emon's group... hopefully.
  • As long as it's not a Lead Performer, Yamato claps them.
  • Oh God, random thought: What if Sanji goes to save Momonosuke (he doesn't know of Yamato obviously), and wants to attack, but can't--cuz female--but then Yamato goes like "No, I am Kozuki Oden!" and just leaves Sanji in a permanent state of confusion? smh

2) I'm a little surprised that Carrot and Wanda were "defeated" by Perospero. I frankly don't see a role Pero has to play in this war individually outside of persuading BM to go against Kaido--which we saw fail miserably.

3) Marco taking on King and Queen does not imply he is superior to either of them. I see it argued all the time that Marco is "just that strong". Don't forget it's thanks due to his regenerative powers that he's able to handle the top 2 LP's of Kaido's crew. It's also how he was able to put himself into a stalemate against Kizaru for the time they actually fought.
  • If there is a weakness presented (it does seem King has dealt some minor damage thus far), I'm sure King alone would be capable of posing a serious challenge to Marco, and I believe them to be in the same general tier of combative ability.
4) It would not surprise me if Hyogoro dies here, but given we're left at a cliff-hanger, I doubt it.

5) It's still strange that Apoo is somehow fine and going toe-to-toe with Drake despite the two strikes he took that left him bloody and limp.

Is the chapter really titled "The chivalrous"? If so, it seems like Oda is also tired of Sanji being an idiot at this point, but still stays true to his personality.

Okay. Either Oda is setting up Sanji to give a conflicted impression regarding his sanity and usefulness, or just wants to illustrate that he almost caused his crew to die out of an in this world idiotic code of conduct, which will cause all of them to yell at him until he agrees to shape up after this arc is over, and the Blackbeard crew awaits.

The title does make me think we may start seeing some conflict from Sanj, maybe Robin gets hurt in her fight (Doesnt mean she lost) which causes him to think about the fact he put her in that situation?

@Mr.Cinos15 - He's referring to how everyone has been saying "x character got one-shot by y character, omg :eek:" before waiting for confirmation via full chapter release or the following chapter

"Ulti being KO'd by Yamato" (getting up the next chapter, though to be fair she was unconscious, so I still stand by this being a "one-hit KO ;)")

"Page One being "one-shot" by an Elephant Gun" (he was shown conscious in the next chapter despite suffering damage)

People believing "Kid KO'd Apoo with one attack" (not being the case), "Apoo being KO'd by Zoro" (also shown not the case), and finally "X-Drake KOing Apoo" (though Apoo is shown getting back up and is currently fighting Drake)

"King one-shotting Sanji" (which wasn't the case, though honestly all he needed to do was double-tap, then gg :) )

Point is, this is the reason why we're waiting until the end of the arc before trying to re-scale characters, since people literally tried editing Zoro's profile to put him massively above Apoo for "one-shotting" him despite this clearly not being the case, and now it's even more ridiculous to assume since Apoo is clearly not damaged enough by Zoro and Drake's individual attacks to be done-in. This is of course assuming Apoo has no regeneration factor that can be potentially revealed in the future (I don't think an "instrument" based ability is going to allow him to close wounds).

People did the same thing when Luffy hit Kaido with Red Roc in Chapter 1000, saying that Luffy one shot Kaido and shit like that.

Oooh, that debacle, well for any future reference, I'm completely neutral on all of that, except for the Yamato and Ulti one since that was a light One shot.

@Dr.Fix I honestly wasn't trying to be all like "b-but Z-Zoro s-still one shot!" when I made that comment, just pointing out that after suffering quite a bit of injuries (being cut across the chest and being gnawed at by a dino) that he's fighting like as if he drank some monster.

People still bringing up Apoo like anythings changed?

We saw earlier in the raid Apoo two hit Luffy and Luffy was knocked unconscious, by definition he was hit and then knocked out; a One(Two)Hit K-O. Yet Luffy recovered in a short time and is now fighting in the war without hinderance.

And similarly we saw one hit land on Apoo and him falling unconscious; A One Hit K-O. And again he recovers from unconsciousness and is fighting in the war still without hinderance.

Jack wasn't taken down in one hit but was definitely KO'd yet is now fighting in the war (although he's clearly got lasting damage)

Another example is Queen in Udon getting two shot by Big Mom and getting knocked out only to recover and continue to fight after some time.

They got knocked out, they recovered and kept fighting and it's as simple as that.

@Mr.Cinos15 that's fine, and to be clear I wasn't singling you out at all. It has been a recurring trend with several users trying to crreate distance for their favorite characters and take advantage of recent adjustments to scaling standards.

Just wanted to point out the chivalrous in this title likely refers to hyogoro more so than sanji because hyogoro was the most respected of the Yakuza which are referred to a few times as chivalrous. Also I may be a lone force in this but I'd like yamato or jinbe to take out queen and sanji to take out jack

Outside of the Marco-focused scenes, nothing much seems to happen in the grand scheme of things:

1) Yamato/Momo are discovered. Surely one of the top dogs will try to take action here (ffs Queen).

2) Sanji's "unknown" decision... FFS if he doesn't go to help Kin'emon's group, that's far beyond the last straw for me, lol. No one else can possibly stop Jack from who is NOT occupied.

3) Hyogoro being hype as we get a glimpse into how powerful he was in his prime. He took Hotei out with negligible effort--though that was a "nothing-character" to be quite frank--so the excitement I felt for this scene was minimal, sadly.
  • If Hyogoro dies, that will carry some impact, but as I said before, this is a low chance since we're left on a cliff-hanger, and Oda does not typically kill "good" characters unless it's built-up massively.

4) Perospero proving he is a powerful individual is great and all, and I did expect Carrot + Wanda to have extreme difficulties, but I'm really not liking the direction this SEEMS to be taking.
  • Perospero is fixated on Marco, which is very worry-some. I'll get more into this in the later point I'll make about Marco.
  • I do however enjoy the fact that Perospero is tormenting Carrot psychologically, which will certainly set-up for their final encounter (in Elbaf ;) When Luffy takes down Big Mom).
5) I wonder how many weapon enhancements Queen has done to his body. We saw that his neck can disconnects and stretch further than normal, he has rapid-fire guns in his mouth, and now he has the ability to shoot light-beams similarly to the Pacifista. I wonder how deep his connection to Judge and maybe even Vegapunk goes.

6) I enjoy the fact that Marco is proving himself capable of maintaining the advantage over 2 Lead Performers simultaneously, but as much as I want to be excited for Marco, this leaves a somewhat sour taste in my mouth when you consider "Is this really all 2 Lead Performers of the Beast Pirates have to offer?" They can't even stalemate Marco from what is shown--though to be fair this is mostly thanks to Marco's regen... but then there's something else to consider:
  • Bringing up Perospero again, he has noticed Marco while the latter is locked in this 1v2 fight. It's going to really annoy me if Perospero does something to wound and weaken Marco, causing him to either lose, or WORSE, be left to 1v1 King or Queen and be victorious, since this is going to look REALLY bad for the Beast Pirates no matter what way you look at it.
I hope for the following in regards to the Marco situation:
  • Perospero just messes up trying to attack Marco and someone comes to fight/stop him (this is wishful thinking... I highly doubt it will happen).
  • King gets the message that Yamato has Momonosuke, and sends Queen to retrieve him.
  • King gets "serious" in his fight with Marco, and reveals his hybrid form before clashing (Calling that he will have both sets of wings, and will take a form similar in nature to Kefka's final form in FF6. Also he will have his beak and talons).
  • Queen vs Yamato. King vs Marco.
There's also still the potential that Who's Who may defect if Jinbe unmasks him. This would lead into Jinbe/Who's Who intercepting Queen before Yamato gets into a bad situation thanks to having to defend Momonosuke.

I enjoyed what we got from the chapter, but it didn't feel like much happened. Have to wait and see if a couple pages are missing from the RAWS, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Somebody stop Perospero from ruining the best potential 1v1 in the battle, PLEASE.

I agree with Eminiteable. Marco is Admiral level, and has regeneration on top of that.

I don't think the point is to show that the Calamities are weak but that Marco is just that strong.
Yes, but in the case for both King and Queen, if they are to be defeated here, they would have nothing notable to be remembered by:

"One of them ez-clapped Sanji, then both got 1v2'd by Marco mid-diff. GG" - Not even a proper fight to showcase their capabilities. Even Jack got more than enough of that.

Edit: Point I'm trying to make is that this wont really look like a massive win for Marco if he's beating up two near-featless individuals, and it certainly wont look good for either K/Q to be defeated in such a humiliating way.

Just a note that if BM's eldest son (whatever his name is) incapacitates Marco when his guard is down, by surrounding him with candy, everybody else are completely screwed.

Seriously, I have to give props to Perospero. He continues to be the most impressive Charlotte kid after Katakuri.

Who's Who looked a lot better to me before I saw him in color lol. And after looking at Saskai's hair color on that color spread, I'm now starting to believe that theory that he might possibly be Kokoro's son.

Hyogoro is about to die? I'll believe it when I see it.

A couple of questions:

1. I know you guys are waiting until the Wano arc is over until you do any scaling, but does anyone have any idea about what the ratings will be for the Straw Hats who fight and defeats the Tobi Roppo?

2. This next one has nothing to do with this chapter and is rather random lol. I was looking back at the Luffy vs. Doffy fight and was wondering if Doffy's strings actually connected with Luffy here. https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-785-page-13.html

With the way he's just floating in that panel, it's hard to tell if the strings struck him or if he just dodged him like he did here. https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-785-page-14.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back