• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1003: "Night on the board" (Official Release)

I don't mind Zoro doing it with Enma/Oden.
EtgeI09WgAge_Po

I mean Law and Kid didn't defeat any high level Yonko commander that I can think of, and I don't see anyone complaining about them being able to somewhat damage Kaido.

Zoro always has been, and always will be, just a hair below Luffy in terms of combat ability if not outright equal to him. That has always been his portrayal as I saw it, and it makes sense as his only role on the crew is combat related, right down to his dream. He always takes out the second in command/second strongest opponent of the arc, and usually beats them in convincing fashion while Luffy struggles against his stronger opponent, which implies that the gap between them isn't that large.

The fight with Kaido is actually setting somewhat of a precedent where both Luffy and Zoro are taking on the final boss together, which makes sense again due to the magnitude of Kaido's power. So expect Luffy and Zoro (and the rest of the Supernova present on the roof) to get even better feats as the fight progresses, because let's face it.......They're not going to lose at the end of the day.

I think people seriously need to manage their expectations a bit, and realize that this has kinda always been the case with Luffy and Zoro. This "massive gap between them" has never been a thing, and has only surfaced in the fanbase post-ts due to Zoro's lack of serious fights up until now (which is understandable in all fairness. After a decade without a serious fight, I'd start underestimating him too if I wasn't such a massive fanboy lol)
Once again tho, I don't like that at all, it doesn't feel like Zoro has earned being equal to Luffy Post-Timeskip, he hasn't gotten a serious fight and we haven't seen him get to this point satisfyingly, so I feel cheated and that Zoro was able to reach this level far easier than Luffy did

Once again tho, I don't like that at all, it doesn't feel like Zoro has earned being equal to Luffy Post-Timeskip, he hasn't gotten a serious fight and we haven't seen him get to this point satisfyingly, so I feel cheated and that Zoro was able to reach this level far easier than Luffy did
Well, I would've definitely loved to see Zoro in more serious fights throughout the Post-TS era. Like I said, I'm a massive Zoro fan, so naturally waiting for years on end irl without any meaningful Zoro content was painful for me.

Still though, I don't find his current portrayal to be contrived or unwarranted, so I guess it's just one of those things we'll have to agree to disagree on. I fully respect and understand your opinion though.

@Eminiteable you're familiar with the concept of new information right?

Big Mom: That's no ordinary sword"

Kaido: Why is Oden's aura, That is Oden's sword,

Not a single mention of Zoro. . . .

Same, I wish we would have seen Zoro in more serious fights. Watching him utilize all his capabilities to his maximum potential is one of the best things I could ask for as a Zoro fan.

Kind of makes me wish he was more involved in the Whole Cake Island arc when they were dealing with Big Mom and all.

A guy can dream, can't he?

Plus, in my mind, it was always hyped up as the weapon being the one thing to harm Kaido, and Zoro would just wield it. Basically, Kaido is Ganon, Oden's Sword is the Master Sword, and Zoro is Link. That's how I saw it, anyways. Plus, it's a fitting power-up for Zoro given that it plays into his specialty of swordfighting.

So personally, Zoro being on a Yonko level with that sword doesn't seem so bad to me. It doesn't really break the narrative, and it's about time Zoro's done something super significant, imho.

I do agree that Enma is drawing out Zoros maximum potential when he attacks with it but as of right now he can only reach that level with the use if Enma, but it does act as a sort of precursor to what Zoro may be like towards the end.

Id wait to say that the Sword is straight up Yonko level with Zoro till we get more feats but its definitely a possibility, he can at least legitimately penetrate Kaido scales.

you're familiar with the concept of new information right?

How's that new information or information that contradicts what we know?

We already knew it wasn't an ordinary sword and we already knew it was Oden's sword.

Big Mom and Kaido don't know how the sword functions and only now has Kaido finally figured out why he could sense Oden's presence; the fact it was Oden's sword.

In the end it's still just doing as Tenguyama described.

I do agree that Enma is drawing out Zoros maximum potential when he attacks with it but as of right now he can only reach that level with the use if Enma, but it does act as a sort of precursor to what Zoro may be like towards the end.

Id wait to say that the Sword is straight up Yonko level with Zoro till we get more feats but its definitely a possibility, he can at least legitimately penetrate Kaido scales.
Agreed. This is making me really want to see a Zoro VS Mihawk rematch in the near future.

Either way - Zoro's ordinary AP isn't going to scale to Kaido just yet.

He literally tried slicing open his throat while Kaido was in human form and he couldn't cut through his skin, just a couple chapters ago.

Either way - Zoro's ordinary AP isn't going to scale to Kaido just yet.

He literally tried slicing open his throat while Kaido was in human form and he couldn't cut through his skin, just a couple chapters ago.
That was killer who aimed for the throat.

It doesn't, so stop bringing the old up like it invalidates what is new.
"The new" doesn't contradict what was previously told and instead reinforces it. What old info am I bringing up to invalidate "new info"???
It seems to me that it could have been either or both of them responsible for that mark. Especially since it immediately focused on Zoro in the panel afterwards.
Killer used decapitation blade or something and aimed for the neck (which is why we see him in that area).

Meanwhile Zoro used onigiri and like it's always been it was a bodyblow. The sound effect on screen was one that of cutting into something (not the throbbing) thus Zoro cut into Kaido.

I don't even care if Zoro deserves or not to be there, but he surely does not deserve to do better than Luffy, who not only fought and defeated many more big names post TS than Zoro, but also had a very specific training meant to deal damage to Kaido and bypass all of his defenses, while Zoro is like:

"he fights for his dead rival and trained with Mihawk, why wouldn't he defeat an Yonkou?"

That's so boring.

So was Kaido really about to eat Luffy if it wasn’t for Zoro? Because if Kaido did indeed eat him, wouldn’t he have die. I mean, I recall that Big Mom got her Devil Fruit by eating Mother Carmel alongside the orphans, so if Kaido did eat Luffy he would have two DF and then die since it is impossible for anyone to possess two DF unless you’re Blackbeard.

So was Kaido really about to eat Luffy if it wasn’t for Zoro? Because if Kaido did indeed eat him, wouldn’t he have die. I mean, I recall that Big Mom got her Devil Fruit by eating Mother Carmel alongside the orphans, so if Kaido did eat Luffy he would have two DF and then die since it is impossible for anyone to possess two DF unless you’re Blackbeard.
Probably would've vaporized him inside of his mouth with Boro Breath

@Eminiteable you're familiar with the concept of new information right?

It's still Zoro who is regulating the power level of Enma. Two chapters ago he was unable to cut Kaido with his Purgatory OniGiri and had a mental dialogue along the lines of "I need to release more power with Emma"/"this much is not enough" ... And then he started raising the power level of Enma and could cut Kaido in the latest chapter

I don't think that's how it works. IIRC, the soul of the devil fruit goes an rests in the nearest fruit when the user dies (according to Doffy). Big Mom's case is a bit unclear, but there could have been fruits among what she ate alongside Mother Carramel which would explain what happened better

It's still Zoro who is regulating the power level of Enma. Two chapters ago he was unable to cut Kaido with his Purgatory OniGiri and had a mental dialogue along the lines of "I need to release more power with Emma"/"this much is not enough" ... And then he started raising the power level of Enma and could cut Kaido in the latest chapter
Yes that's fine. That power was not enough. Once Enma's/Oden's aura was brought to the service Big Mom and Kaido commented on how powerful it was unlike Zoro or the other supernova. Nothing wrong with using a powerful weapon especially when you're up agaisnt the strongest in the world.

Yes that's fine. That power was not enough. Once Enma's/Oden's aura was brought to the service Big Mom and Kaido commented on how powerful it was unlike Zoro or the other supernova. Nothing wrong with using a powerful weapon especially when you're up agaisnt the strongest in the world.
Agreed.

That's probably because Zoro is letting more power later on. Which is why they comment on it's power. Zoro literally says "I need to release more of Enma's power" ...

Quick question, shouldn’t kaido have invulnerability?
The power’s description seems to match perfectly with kaido since the only way to damage him is thorough the use of ryuo or other forms of durability negation. And is clearly not just exceptional durability like what big mom Showcased.

Quick question, shouldn’t kaido have invulnerability?
The power’s description seems to match perfectly with kaido since the only way to damage him is thorough the use of ryuo or other forms of durability negation. And is clearly not just exceptional durability like what big mom Showcased.
Only characters whose invulnerability is clearly more than simply being exceptionally durable for the verse's setting qualify.

Back