• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Olivia vs Yor Briar (0-0-7) (Concluded)

StorytellingDemonKing

God Universes
He/Him
Olivia vs Yor Briar (Death's Daughter and the Ebony Blade vs Spy x Family)
  • Win by K.O or Death
  • Speed isn't equal
  • Fight location is a grass field
  • Starting distance is 5m
In terms of AP, Yor scales to 5.846 megajoules, and Olivia scales to 3.68102 megajoules
In terms of speed, Olivia scales to Mach 3.1685 (And can amplify it further with Swift Step), and Yor scales to Mach 3.16

Olivia:

Yor:

Inconclusive: 7 (@KobsterHope07, @Cimafranca133, @Veloxt1r0kore, @Popted2, @StorytellingDemonKing, @V999,
@CiscoTheSoto )

Last edited:
So, I was summoned for some reason or another. Considering there is not debating so far, let's see if I can get it started and it can carry on from there:

AP: Yor is the stronger one as she scales to 5.846 megajoules, whilst Olivia scales to 3.68102 megajoules. Yor does have a feat of briefly knocking out Loid, who is 4.1 megajoules, with a single kick so there that

Speed: Olivia scales to Mach 3.1685 it seems but Yor actually scales far above Mach 3.16 since Fiona was the one that perform that speed feat and she could not even perceive Yor's actions despite standing right in front of her, so Yor has the speed advantage. However, Olivia does have speed amp in the form of Swift Step which would make her comparable, if not superior to Yor

LS: Yor wins hands down with Class 10 compared to Olivia's Average Human

Stamina: Both has good stamina though I say Yor edges out for being withstanding the pain of a bullet wound for an entire day and staying awake for 3 days during the events on the Princess Lorelei where she had to constantly stay aware of her surroundings to protect two people and fight a whole host of renowned killers.

Range: Olivia got more range since she has a sword in comparison to Yor's needles unless she throws them.

Other:
  • As mentioned before, Yor normally have the speed advantage unless Olivia uses Swift Step. Yor does have options to handle this via her Enhanced Senses, Extrasensory Perception and Instinctive Action. These should help her to survive the Swift Steps and Olivia can't constantly do this move too much since it is said that it drains her stamina at a quicker pace
  • Both are characters seems to be equally skilled in combat, making whoever lands the first blow all the more crucial, especially in Yor's case since her needles have poison capable of taking down an elephant so one stab is all Yor needs to secure a win. Just in case if someone is curious, Yor has fought a sword master once, don't about Olivia facing against assassins like Yor unfortunately since I'm not knowledgeable on her
  • Both have martial arts so if it comes down that both loses their primary weapons, they can fight in hand-to-hand combat although Olivia has to be careful since Yor likes to mix in pressure points in her martial arts to either quickly incapacitate (indeed, it works on people she considered to be strong) or increase the lethality of her strikes, though how effective it will be with Olivia's armor is anyone's guess).
  • I believe Yor is the more acrobatic of the two
  • Olivia does have that Fear Inducement which can be something, don't know if it is combat applicable. Yor does have something similar to that in the form of Social Influencing where she can scare not trained and intelligent animals but also highly skilled assassin who she referred to as strong with her aura.
  • Regarding Yor's Standard Tactics, she is usually merciless when fighting, aiming for a person's vital spots like brain, chin, heart, etc to stab in order to end a fight as quickly possible. From looking at Olivia's ST, she uses a similar tactics of finishing fights quickly by decapitating, bisecting, or simply stabbing her opponents
  • Olivia does have Fire Manipulation and Yor doesn't have Resistance to Fire Manipulation so it would really hurt if she got hit by it
For now, I put in a vote for Yor via poisoned weapons strong enough to kill an elephant. Instinctive Reactions + Extrasensory Perception + Enhanced Senses + Acrobatics + Afterimage Creation + Higher Combat Speed will make it difficult to hit her, even with Olivia's Swift Step imo. Not to mention that the Higher AP + LS will allow Yor to overpower Olivia in a clash and perform takedowns on her.

Completely forgot about this thread just couple of hours later lol
Anyway, will try to respond.
So, I was summoned for some reason or another. Considering there is not debating so far, let's see if I can get it started and it can carry on from there:

AP: Yor is the stronger one as she scales to 5.846 megajoules, whilst Olivia scales to 3.68102 megajoules. Yor does have a feat of briefly knocking out Loid, who is 4.1 megajoules, with a single kick so there that
True, but I don't know much about Yor, however Olivia performed her feat when she was ten, so she's likely vastly superior to that. Also, while unable to control her power. As for knocking out Loid, I don't really know what you want to say by mentioning him ngl.
Speed: Olivia scales to Mach 3.1685 it seems but Yor actually scales far above Mach 3.16 since Fiona was the one that perform that speed feat and she could not even perceive Yor's actions despite standing right in front of her, so Yor has the speed advantage. However, Olivia does have speed amp in the form of Swift Step which would make her comparable, if not superior to Yor
Oh ok, though I'd like to mention that Olivia also scales far above her value considering she was as casual as you can get while performing it. Don't know the circumstance of Yor moving faster than Fiona can perceive, though. So, from my perspective still about equal, while Olivia being faster with Swift Swift (tbh the story implies she could move dozens if not hundreds of km in mere seconds to minutes with it, but so far unquantified)
LS: Yor wins hands down with Class 10 compared to Olivia's Average Human
True.
Stamina: Both has good stamina though I say Yor edges out for being withstanding the pain of a bullet wound for an entire day and staying awake for 3 days during the events on the Princess Lorelei where she had to constantly stay aware of her surroundings to protect two people and fight a whole host of renowned killers.
Don't really know if that's necessarily edging out. Olivia was capable of participating, and essentially carrying 2 full scale battles, moving hundreds of km from one location to another. So, essentially what I'm trying to say is that she casually fought dozens, if not hundreds of soldiers, and then moved to a fortress dozen of KM away (maybe more? idk, the map provided in verse doesn't have hard numbers), and then fighting many soldiers in an entire fortress, while not breaking a sweat. But this doesn't seem like the kind of fight that will boil down to stamina IMO.
Range: Olivia got more range since she has a sword in comparison to Yor's needles unless she throws them.
Yeah, and Olivia can also throw her sword if needed. She has pretty good accuracy.
Other:
  • As mentioned before, Yor normally have the speed advantage unless Olivia uses Swift Step. Yor does have options to handle this via her Enhanced Senses, Extrasensory Perception and Instinctive Action. These should help her to survive the Swift Steps and Olivia can't constantly do this move too much since it is said that it drains her stamina at a quicker pace
I don't really see how all those would be too useful against a head on attacks, just being a lot faster. Olivia also has really good skill, and idk the requirements for all those abilities, so might need to check them out, but I don't think it's anything to worry about. Also, Olivia has not yet shown how quick a pace it drains her at but implies moving dozens if not hundreds of km is the only way. (And even then, it's mostly that she would be more tired, not full out)
  • Both are characters seems to be equally skilled in combat, making whoever lands the first blow all the more crucial, especially in Yor's case since her needles have poison capable of taking down an elephant so one stab is all Yor needs to secure a win. Just in case if someone is curious, Yor has fought a sword master once, don't about Olivia facing against assassins like Yor unfortunately since I'm not knowledgeable on her
Olivia has faced spy's, she could completely out skill and predict someone who was sent to infiltrate a fortress (and knows how to use faint attacks) and is leagues above people who are also considered legends on the battlefield such as Samuel and is also considered vastly superior to Paul in his youth, who has gained the title of "God of the Battlefield".
  • Both have martial arts so if it comes down that both loses their primary weapons, they can fight in hand-to-hand combat although Olivia has to be careful since Yor likes to mix in pressure points in her martial arts to either quickly incapacitate (indeed, it works on people she considered to be strong) or increase the lethality of her strikes, though how effective it will be with Olivia's armor is anyone's guess).
I don't exactly know how skilled Yor is with her hands, mostly seems to be skilled with her needles, at least far better with them, while a lot more emphasis is placed on Olivias martial arts from what I remember. (I have a really terrible memory)
  • I believe Yor is the more acrobatic of the two
Don't see how tbh.
  • Olivia does have that Fear Inducement which can be something, don't know if it is combat applicable. Yor does have something similar to that in the form of Social Influencing where she can scare not trained and intelligent animals but also highly skilled assassin who she referred to as strong with her aura.
It is combat applicable so far. And it's to the extent of people hallucinating a death scythe instead of a sword.
  • Regarding Yor's Standard Tactics, she is usually merciless when fighting, aiming for a person's vital spots like brain, chin, heart, etc to stab in order to end a fight as quickly possible. From looking at Olivia's ST, she uses a similar tactics of finishing fights quickly by decapitating, bisecting, or simply stabbing her opponents
Yep, pretty much both go for 1 shots.
  • Olivia does have Fire Manipulation and Yor doesn't have Resistance to Fire Manipulation so it would really hurt if she got hit by it
Yeah, I guess.
For now, I put in a vote for Yor via poisoned weapons strong enough to kill an elephant. Instinctive Reactions + Extrasensory Perception + Enhanced Senses + Acrobatics + Afterimage Creation + Higher Combat Speed will make it difficult to hit her, even with Olivia's Swift Step imo. Not to mention that the Higher AP + LS will allow Yor to overpower Olivia in a clash and perform takedowns on her.
Don't think Yor will have any luck with even landing her poison attack considering Olivia is stated to be able to defend against any attack from any direction, as well as being able to dodge from several soldiers at the same time without looking. For the first 3 powers, I don't see how they will help tbh if Olivia will be likely far faster with swift step. Acrobatics seem to be about the same for the two IMO, afterimage creation is speed based so I don't see it helping, higher combat speed is not as big, maybe even about equal, and also sword strikes are far faster than people can punch (or sum idk, bad memory), at least from what I've heard. And also, better range to begin with. And as for clashes, Olivia isn't one to go for them, and from what I've seen Yor isn't really one to go for them either so I don't think this will matter much.

Anyway, I will probably respond tomorrow after school considering it's late, for now I won't vote and will wait for your counter arguments.

True, but I don't know much about Yor, however Olivia performed her feat when she was ten, so she's likely vastly superior to that. Also, while unable to control her power. As for knocking out Loid, I don't really know what you want to say by mentioning him ngl.
The Loid part was to show that she is capable of easily knocking out a 4.1 megajoules, though if Olivia scales high above 3.68102 megajoules, then it doesn't matter
Oh ok, though I'd like to mention that Olivia also scales far above her value considering she was as casual as you can get while performing it. Don't know the circumstance of Yor moving faster than Fiona can perceive, though. So, from my perspective still about equal, while Olivia being faster with Swift Swift (tbh the story implies she could move dozens if not hundreds of km in mere seconds to minutes with it, but so far unquantified)
I see, so Yor and Olivia should be about even I suppose with Olivia being faster with her technique
Don't really know if that's necessarily edging out. Olivia was capable of participating, and essentially carrying 2 full scale battles, moving hundreds of km from one location to another. So, essentially what I'm trying to say is that she casually fought dozens, if not hundreds of soldiers, and then moved to a fortress dozen of KM away (maybe more? idk, the map provided in verse doesn't have hard numbers), and then fighting many soldiers in an entire fortress, while not breaking a sweat. But this doesn't seem like the kind of fight that will boil down to stamina IMO.
True, given their skillset and abilities, this fight would hardly end in a battle of attrition
Yeah, and Olivia can also throw her sword if needed. She has pretty good accuracy.
Ah I see. Do you know how far and accurate it is. The best I know for Yor is being able to throw her needle at the head of a man on the funnel of a cruise ship from the deck
I don't really see how all those would be too useful against a head on attacks, just being a lot faster. Olivia also has really good skill, and idk the requirements for all those abilities, so might need to check them out, but I don't think it's anything to worry about. Also, Olivia has not yet shown how quick a pace it drains her at but implies moving dozens if not hundreds of km is the only way. (And even then, it's mostly that she would be more tired, not full out)

Olivia has faced spy's, she could completely out skill and predict someone who was sent to infiltrate a fortress (and knows how to use faint attacks) and is leagues above people who are also considered legends on the battlefield such as Samuel and is also considered vastly superior to Paul in his youth, who has gained the title of "God of the Battlefield".

I don't exactly know how skilled Yor is with her hands, mostly seems to be skilled with her needles, at least far better with them, while a lot more emphasis is placed on Olivias martial arts from what I remember. (I have a really terrible memory)
How often does Olivia utilize Swift Step

Nice to get further clarification on Olivia's skill against spies. So, both have experiences facing against similar opponents

Yor's martial arts allows her to pretty much dominate against Loid who is Westalis's greatest spy and had serve in the military for a few years, whilst intoxicated. While she mainly utilizes her needles, she could use her martial arts to fend off against a professional army of assassins.
Don't see how tbh.
It is based on Yor has similar feats to that of Olivia's and more on her profile
It is combat applicable so far. And it's to the extent of people hallucinating a death scythe instead of a sword.
I see, Yor is more to the extent of scaring people so that they will make a mistake
Don't think Yor will have any luck with even landing her poison attack considering Olivia is stated to be able to defend against any attack from any direction, as well as being able to dodge from several soldiers at the same time without looking. For the first 3 powers, I don't see how they will help tbh if Olivia will be likely far faster with swift step. Acrobatics seem to be about the same for the two IMO, afterimage creation is speed based so I don't see it helping, higher combat speed is not as big, maybe even about equal, and also sword strikes are far faster than people can punch (or sum idk, bad memory), at least from what I've heard. And also, better range to begin with. And as for clashes, Olivia isn't one to go for them, and from what I've seen Yor isn't really one to go for them either so I don't think this will matter much.
Indeed, this seems it will boil down to each combatants trying their best to land a direct hit on the other whilst using their skills and senses to avoid attacks. I feel like Yor is just as likely to land a hit on Olivia one way or another since she is not unskill enough or her senses isn't lacking enough for Olivia to do a no hit run on her and a single scratch is all Yor will need to hit her while Olivia will need to work harder to end Yor.

Her afterimages is more based on agility rather than pure speed imo so it would still be effective

Honestly, I might change my vote to Incon as it is likely for Olivia with her skills and Swift Step to defeat Yor as it is likely for Yor to score a single hit to kill Olivia

Last edited:
The Loid part was to show that she is capable of easily knocking out a 4.1 megajoules, though if Olivia scales high above 3.68102 megajoules, then it doesn't matter

I see, so Yor and Olivia should be about even I suppose with Olivia being faster with her technique

True, given their skillset and abilities, this fight would hardly end in a battle of attrition

Ah I see. Do you know how far and accurate it is. The best I know for Yor is being able to throw her needle at the head of a man on the funnel of a cruise ship from the deck

Nice to get further clarification on Olivia's skill against spies. So, both have experiences facing against similar opponents

Yor's martial arts allows her to pretty much dominate against Loid who is Westalis's greatest spy and had serve in the military for a few years, whilst intoxicated. While she mainly utilizes her needles, she could use her martial arts to fend off against a professional army of assassins.

It is based on Yor has similar feats to that of Olivia's and more on her profile

I see, Yor is more to the extent of scaring people so that they will make a mistake

Indeed, this seems it will boil down to each combatants trying their best to land a direct hit on the other whilst using their skills and senses to avoid attacks. I feel like Yor is just as likely to land a hit on Olivia one way or another since she is not unskill enough or her senses isn't lacking enough for Olivia to do a no hit run on her and a single scratch is all Yor will need to hit her while Olivia will need to work harder to end Yor.

I didn't know the speed would be about equal so afterimage wouldn't be as effective as I thought.

Honestly, I might change my vote to Incon as it is likely for Olivia with her skills and Swift Step to defeat Yor as it is likely for Yor to score a single hit to kill Olivia
Due to this, Incon FRA

Then it just means you don't need much to 1 shot in-verse. (at least for knocking out or sum)
Likely so.
Yeah.
For Olivia so far, it's around several to a dozen meters. First time was against a soldier after she cut off the guy's arm, then she has shown to throw spears larger than her sword, and later she threw a sword around several meters until it landed in the enemy's head and was sent flying even further. So, yeah around several to a dozen meters I'd say. Likely much more since she doesn't seem to exert herself at all.
Whenever needed, in a training match against a still far weaker, yet relatively skilled opponent, she had no qualms of using it. (mostly likely because she saw through her opponent and knew she was enhancing her reaction time) Also, IIRC she commonly used it against Z when training with him.
Yeah.
Pretty impressive, Olivia mostly has statements while training with Z every day for hours improving her martial arts so it's difficult to say how Olivia would stack up since the info is solely based on volume 1. (Though I only saw the animation when Yor was drunk fighting Loid)
Well, Olivia has shown to fight from a horse back, even leaping on enemies with pinpoint accuracy and stabbing them while moving, which is why I said I don't see it. Both seem in around the same ballpark.
Olivia isn't shown to be afraid of anyone or anything, like fighting a Unicorn which is deemed to be extremely dangerous and could force her entire party into running, one couldn't even move his legs while she was fine.
I think the problem Yor faces, which would be the deciding factor, is Swift Step, I do believe it's fast enough to blitz her before even her senses can kick in. And even if she dodges the first strike, Olivia can quickly attack with a dozen more.
Her afterimages is more based on agility rather than pure speed imo so it would still be effective
I don't really think there is a difference here, agility or speed based, both seem equally not as useful, since you know, still based around fast movement.
True, might be an incon.

Last edited:
Back