• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ok, it's bigger than I expected, discussion about Razputin from psychonauts. Abilities additions, key changing. Possible stats upgrade.

So, the thing is, I want to remove his key of when he's in someone's mind(his unknown tier key), cause Raz in mind and Raz outside of the mind are pretty much same.
I have a few reasons for it.
1. Trainings:
Any time Razputin gets new abilities in game, he makes a practicing inside of someone's mind. Oleander also was training kids for government works(since camp was stated as made by government for training kids with psychic abilities). And also as kids reveal their physical and psychic potential inside of mind, Oleander also used the kids brains for his own deals. Sasha Nein and Milla also trained him inside of mind, for being prepared not only in mind but also outside of mind.
2. Raz didn't exactly changing inside of mind. As example, you can feel the difference from Megaman.exe inside of programs and in real world, between Tari in real word and in video games etc. But Raz simply didn't have difference between him inside and outside of someone's mind. Mostly in psychonauts, when someone enters someone's mind, usually space around are changing, but not "guest" of the mind. If saying more correctly, if you will enter in the mind of "A" human and later in the mind of "B" human you wouldn't change, but the space, a world around you would. And his abilities, powers and even his curses are staying same, like he beat tank and outside and inside of someone's mind. Or the same work of abilities inside and outside of mind. The only exception would be likely Linda's mind where he became an large city destroyer. I'll say it's not Raz becoming big, but rather this world in mind becoming small. Like Gulliver when he meets liliputs.
3. Game mechanics.
Though it's more like more proofs to point 2, I want to clarify that upgrades which he gets outside of mind are used inside of mind and vice versa. Sometimes Raz can even take an items with himself when he goes inside of someone's mind.
The bonus question would be, does this would give something for Raz, nerfs or buffs.
Well, probably after release of the second chapter, but at this moment I can buff only his few things.
Speed: Supersonic since he has shown to be able to dodge cannonballs and relativistic reactions since he's comparable to other psychonauts who can dodge and shoot lazer attacks.

But that's for late.
Now for main points:
Raz must have: 1. Immortality type 2 via this
2.Immersion and dream manipulation via psycho portal(item got a description in his notable attack/techniques, and I a bit discussed of how ability can be qualified). Also should be noted that inside of someone's mind he can cure a mind diseases, such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, split personality. Probably counts as mind manipulation. He's also shown sometimes change the emotional states of person and changing in good side like he did with Oleander.
3.Animal manipulation since he was able to talk with Lili's pet rat.
4.Removing his "in mind" key or make his "in mind" key scalable to his physical form and vice versa. In his "In mind" key he can also got an immortality type 4 since he technicaly can ressurect himself inside of it. Also nonexistent physiology because in someone's mind he's an astral(which also gives him all types of self sustanace).
5.Attack reflection via this and since in hihger levels shield is capable of damaging person who attacks in melee range.
6.Possesion as he's able to move his mind in other objects and attack from them.
7.Limited magnetism manipulation via mental magnet badge which also technically counts as his own ability.
8.Energy projection/homing attack becuase his markmanship can chain to targets in higher level.
9. Limited resistance to Status Effect Inducement since he's still able to fight after his confusion ability is used against him and it's stands for him for a couple of seconds.
10. Heat manipulation since before using fire manipulation he also increases heat.
11. Telepathy via this.
12. Precognition as he was able to see some events which happened in the future (aka Linda and rabbits with meat).

He can also possibly get his tier upgrade due to feat I sent for calc request thread. And his lifting strength can be upgraded as at least since he lifted weight with the legs pretty well cassualy without some effort. He can also slow down movements of objects as shown in Psychonauts 2, but I want to discuss this after a Psychonauts 2 release to understand ability at all.
That's all what I can say now about Raz.

Last edited:
If you need some proofs or you have a questions, I can send a video where all proofs are lie and explain if I have the explanation to question.

Last edited:
I requested for calculation of one explosion in calculations request thread (feat at 8:10:16)

Last edited:
Bump.
I also remembered that Raz ability to enter someone's mind never was really described, maybe it's possession~immersion?

I only seen a little bit if the game so I can't say much but in regards to speed, it depends on how far he moved and the distance of the cannonball. For the lasers it's the same thing but it also needs to be proven that they are real lasers.

Ok, I'll try to use primary a single video with a full walkthrough of the game, of course with time spams to feats:
6:53:30 is feat example of dodging cannonballs(a little bonus note, in game it also can be perfectly dodged by using shield even if being very near to canon, reminds me a moment when link dodging lazers from beamos beams.).
8:08:12 is shown psychonauts dodging their own attacks, by speed of attacks I'm assuming that it's lazer-fast attacks. In 1:20:56 is also can be shown the speed of that kind of attack. At this moment my assumptions comes only from a speed here, that's mainly a reason why I said it only "possible" cause I unfortunately doesn't have a direct eviedence of it being exactly lazers.
However my main purpose is exactly to delete his "in someone's mind" key, and making him scalable to feats which he do in mind by reasons above.

Last edited:
Sequel would be in 2021 very likely (which I'm waiting more than people waiting for cyberpunk 2077), since pandemic now doesn't stop much game developers especially with Microsoft budget, the thing is first chapter and VR game still have something to discuss. Like any ideas how can be described Psychonauts ability to go inside of someone's mind, that's immersion or some kind of possession. The same thing is for his clairvoyance in VR game since it's became more than just ability to see from other perspectives.
Shortly say he have bunch things to discuss. Maybe I must made a profile about the verse.

I'll say it's not more like slowing down time but slowing down object movements. But also in VR game(which is canon) his clairvoyance become on new level, he can see things from perspective of objects now, not only from living creatures, but he also learned to use his abilities from that objects(I can call it possesion). Also i think Raz should have immortality type 2 because in end of the game he could still capable on movement even though his brain was dissconected (like Dio with his head, the same goes to Raz with his brain). Shortly saying, boy needs a rework here.

Bump
Also I think his ability to enter minds must have an stated ability, I think it can be mind manipulation and immersion, since there's no direct term in wiki which would fit to this ability. And he also have animal manipulation as I learned(able to talk with animals in VR game).

Probably at the 2/4-3/4 of this year. Since we didn't get much info about release date. But some good news the development is goes and we can see this at the moment (unlike for example with bayonetta 3 at this moment):
At this moment I want to squeeze out juices from games we have for now. Then after release of second part would be easier to concentrate on second part.

Ok so for some people who will just first time see that I'll try to consider the points for which I stand for here, since everything higher can be seem a bit confusive. So it's not just a bump but bump with rewind.
And without a futher ado let's go.
2.Immersion and dream manipulation via psycho portal(item got a description in his notable attack/techniques, and I a bit discussed of how ability can be qualified). Also should be noted that inside of someone's mind he can cure a mind diseases, such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, split personality. Probably counts as mind manipulation.
4.Removing his "in mind" key or make his "in mind" key scalable to his physical form and vice versa. In his "In mind" key he can also got an immortality type 4 since he technicaly can ressurect himself inside of it. Also nonexistent physiology because in someone's mind he's an astral(which also gives him all types of self sustanace).
5.Attack reflection via this and since in hihger levels shield is capable of damaging person who attacks in melee range.
6.Possesion as he's able to move his mind in other objects and attack from them.
7.Limited magnetism manipulation via mental magnet badge which also technically counts as his own ability.
8.Energy projection/homing attack becuase his markmanship can chain to targets in higher level.
At this moment that's all. The statistics upgrades I'll leave for late but now I'm interested on application of that abilities.

Last edited:
Almost forgot.
9. Limited resistance to Status Effect Inducement since he's still able to fight after his confusion ability is used against him and it's stands for him for a couple of seconds.

Last edited:
And 10. Heat manipulation since before using fire manipulation he also increases heat.
That's all for abilities.

Ok so for some people who will just first time see that I'll try to consider the points for which I stand for here, since everything higher can be seem a bit confusive. So it's not just a bump but bump with rewind.
2.Mind manipulation and dream manipulation via psycho portal(item got a description in his notable attack/techniques)
4.Removing his "in mind" key or make his "in mind" key scalable to his physical form and vice versa. In his "In mind" key he can also got an immortality type 4 since he technicaly can ressurect himself inside of it.
8.Energy projection/homing attack becuase hia markmanship can chain to targets in higher level.
At this moment that's all. The statistics upgrades I'll leave for late but now I'm interested on application of that abilities.
Almost forgot.
And 10. Heat manipulation since before using fire manipulation he also increases heat.
That's all for abilities
Bump

2.Mind manipulation and dream manipulation via psycho portal(item got a description in his notable attack/techniques)
4.Removing his "in mind" key or make his "in mind" key scalable to his physical form and vice versa. In his "In mind" key he can also got an immortality type 4 since he technicaly can ressurect himself inside of it.
8.Energy projection/homing attack becuase hia markmanship can chain to targets in higher level.
Almost forgot.
Bump

Almost forgot.
Bump

2.Immersion and dream manipulation via psycho portal(item got a description in his notable attack/techniques, and I a bit discussed of how ability can be qua)
Almost forgot.
I'm the bumpman. My bump is delicious.
Although I also thinked of Empathic manipulation via Raz's being capable of changing an emotional state of people and social influence, since he's made Oleander (who was a villain through all game) in good side and also in beginning of the game he made agents to agree to train him.

Yeah a bit, even though it's understandable due to psychonauts not being much popular.
However we mustn't give up.

2.Immersion and dream manipulation via psycho portal(item got a description in his notable attack/techniques, and I a bit discussed of how ability can be qualified)
Almost forgot.
Although I also thinked of Empathic manipulation via Raz's being capable of changing an emotional state of people and social influence, since he's made Oleander (who was a villain through all game) in good side and also in beginning of the game he made agents to agree to train him.
I'm the bumpman, my bump is delicious.

2.Immersion and dream manipulation via psycho portal(item got a description in his notable attack/techniques, and I a bit discussed of how ability can be qualified)
Almost forgot.
I'm the bumpman. My bump is delicious.
I'm the bumpman, my bump is delicious.

Btw, a little question to someone who would see it, is it allowed to invite a mods for looking in the points or better would be just continue bumping?

Back