• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this follows into the Sentry stuff for the most part, I thought I should just get this out of the way.

Of course, One of the Key Points here is that Mephisto is 2-A in his realm, and so are other hell lords, this is very important, as there is really no way to deny Mephisto and Odin being equal outside of just downgrading Mephisto.

Anyways, to the feats.

- Within Thunderstrike 1993, Issue 15, Hela and Mephisto's forces going to war, would have started an "Omniversal Armageddon", which would have made Raganork PALE in comparison.

This is important because, in the same Issue, Odin casually overpowers Mephisto's contract and then Mephisto directly calls him an equal (General Statement)

- During Journey into the Mystery, we also have the infamous Seth Fight, which was a weakend Odin fighting a Amped Seth,the battle was echoing across every single Plane of Existence, And Destroying the Fabric of the Multiverse, very blatant 2-A feat.

- Odin Beats Cul who was amped by the fears of all humanity , with his own Amp from Yggdrasil, laughably easily,Cul was directly portrayed to be beyond all the Hell and Fear Lords, during Journey Into the Mystery Issue 627 , with Mephisto directly stating how he is scared shitless of Cul, and could do literally nothing to stop him.

- Odin while fighting with Zeus was casually capable of shaking the Infinite Embissay as a side effect, which stands on top of and governs all realities. Very simple feat, which is also explained in Journey Into the Mystery.

- Odin also fights and defeats Infinity, the Abstract , of course, the origins here were that Hela Split Odin's Soul and that Part Manifested as Infinity, I want to make it clear, THIS WAS A FRACTION of Infinity the ABSTRACT, it's all been confirmed in Quasar.

- Another one of Odin's most well known feats, While Odin was trying to get Laid, Surtur dies, with his flames(which were going to engulf Otherworld), being freed, therefore consuming all realities , Odin gets called, he comes in "lol", and casually NULLIFIES The Flames, as stated.

- In What If, Vol 2, Issue 107, Odin directly fights and beats MephistoWITHIN HIS OWN REALM, this was also a depowered Odi as he was away from his throne as Thor inherited the Mantel of King.

"B-But, Hykuu, This was an alternate universe, Earth 99214879124219412789, why would this scale to base Odin??"

- Because we quite literally know that it is a single Odin across all realities, they all share the same power, but what happens to that power differs, and in here, this was a DEPOWERED Odin in relation to the Odin we know and love.

- We have also quite literally seen that Odin is on the same level of hierarchy as The Celestials and Galactus, 2-A seems consistent to me. (Of course, doesn't really mean they are equal, just in the same general power level.)

YGGDRASIL

Yggdrasil is obviously very important to the scaling, due to recent scans I have discovered, there is actually lots of stuff to suggest it is 2-A, rather than 2-C, and we know in every other comic Odin fights a Yggdrasil level threat, hell, in the very first scan I have shown in the thread Seth was going to destroy The World Tree in an Instant when he was amped.

[http://- Saving the World Tree was stated to be: "We didn't save one World, but ALL Worlds, we didn't save ONE Reality, but ALL Realities."

- "The Roots of the World Tree, Yggdrasil! Aye, it's roots and branches connect ALL THE WORLDS, it Binds the COSMOS as it grows."]

[http://- "I launched my most recent attack on Yggdrasil, The World Ash: The Tree of Life has THREE main roots, but it exists across EVERY PLANE OF REALITY." ]

- "The Asgardian World Tree is Kind of a Map, Okay? The Nine Worlds you recognize as being a part of Yggdrasil are just the tip of a--- Maybe INFINITE Iceberg. What you know as worlds are UNIVERSES; Fully Formed, Complex." ]

- The World Tree sustains Otherworld, which was agreed in the Captain Britian thread to be 2-A

[https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/565252271735177266/565593687384653824/unknown.png - "All of Time and Space laid out before me, The Whole of the World Tree and it's Branches, Infinite in it's complexities"
]

- Loki saw Infinite Asgards when he saw the full Totality of Yggdrasil, which makes it explicitly a multiversal+ Structure regardless.

The Death of the World Tree was also likened to the death of the Omniverse in Loki:Agent of Asgard Issue 12, but I am too lazy to quote the scans since I hope this thread didn't take me like 2 hours for nothing. Anyways, there are probably some feats or descriptions of Yggdrasil I forgot to include, so if that's fine.

Anyways, this effects:

Rune King Thor

Old King Thor

Surtur

Cul

Odin

Galactus (Mod-Fed Key)

Hela is changed from possibly 2-C due to scaling to Mephisto and Odin to Possibly 2-A

All I can think of.

Ik you agree

Yeah, also considering he fought Odinforce Thor extremely evenly, with Thor even stating without the Odinforce he would have been literally 1 shot

Bor, also being imprisoned in ice for thousands of years, and probably being weakend on top of that by Loki, he should sit at OKT or Odin level casually.

Mephisto has his head up his you know what for the most part, so him saying they are equal is a bare minimum of sorts, since it is a statement which has feats BETTER than it

After review all feats you can probably get Odin to "Atleast Low Multiverse"

You have a couple of Outliers. But him being to superior to Mephisto casually MAY get him upgraded. Don't get your hopes up, however.

Pretty sure Mephisto would go back to 2-A if this is accepted, considering one of the 2-A feats here is attributed to him and Hela.

Well, I think that 2-A seems too exaggerated compared to Odin's and Mephisto's general displayed levels, and "omniversal armageddon" is blatant extreme hyperbole.

Well, all the 2-C feats currently on Odin's profile were done either casually or could be considered 2-A because they're related to Yggdrasil, which has several 2-A statements as said in the OP.

Maybe, but it would mess up our scaling, so I would much prefer further input from some of the members that I mentioned above.

How would it mess up the scaling? It would only apply to Skyfather tiers. The only person that could possibly mess up the scaling is Hela, and I plan on revising her eventually because she seems way more consistently to be Skyfather/Hell Lord Tier than Thor level.

It would place well-fed and moderately hungry Galactus in the same tier, and place the weaker skyfather level characters on a level with the universal abstracts.

I don't see why them being the same tier is an issue. 2-A is quite literally an infinite tier. It's not like Odin being 2-A would mean he can swap hands with Eternity or something, he and the Skyfather levels would simply be on a much lower end of the tier than the likes of well fed Galactus, the Celestials and abstract tiers.

Possibly, but again, given how ridiculously inconsistent Marvel and DC Comics are (especially Marvel), I am not at all comfortable with clearing any major tier changes on my own without input from the members I consider reliable regarding evaluating them.

Tracer, when was the last time a tier revision from a major verse was approved by a single admin, and didn't end up is a disaster?

We have prior experience with messing with Odin's tier, safe to say it broke everything. Please don't make this into a "downplaying Marvel" thing when Ant's literally asking for getting staff input

I'll be commenting later due to an arrangement for night arriving.

I'm.... not saying it's downplay? I'm just asking how would it break the scaling.

One thing leads to another, a few more folks jump in, this becomes a "staff hates Marvel" thread, which is how these things start. I wanna avoid that, if you don't mind.

Basically it leads to the well-fed moderatly-fed Galactus thing, which is slightly problematic, and scaling in general is an iffy thing to do.

Also, Hykuu, the changes proposed also scale to Ultron (Marvel Comics) and Ghost Rider (Marvel Comics), their last keys that is.

That wasn't my intention, but ooooookay.

Okay, but can you please explain how it's problematic? I don't see the issue here.

Thing is, if Dormammu is casually 2-A, then I am pretty sure Mephisto would be, due to his statement with Satannish.

Also ant, it really wouldn't be if raganork, which is the death of the world tree, would pale in comparison. It is a very usuable statement.

Also Mephisto believed he could combat Dormammu with the help of another Hell Lord like Hela, which was somewhat proven right in Hellcat where a bunch of Hell Lords in Mephisto's realm were able to at least somewhat affect Dormammu.

I think that Hela and Mephisto talking about invading each other's respective domain leading to omniversal destruction still sounds like Tom DeFalco's trademark flowery speech hyperbole.

You could just ignore the "omniversal" part and focus on Mephisto stating it would make Ragnarök pale in comparison, which is still 2-A.

Hela sending her undead into another netherrealm causing omniversal destruction seems ridiculous and is also unproven boasting, combined with a writer who used impressive-sounding flowery language all the time, regardless whether or not it made any sense.

Aside from the stuff pertaining to flowery hyperbole, I'd say this is pretty reasonable. But I dunno how much my vote's worth since idk a whole lot about Marvel Comics

Okay but again, you can just focus on it making Ragnarök pale in comparison.

Antvasima said:
Hela sending her undead into another netherrealm causing omniversal destruction seems ridiculous and is also unproven boasting, combined with a writer who used impressive-sounding flowery language all the time, regardless whether or not it made any sense.
Ya cus it was clearly just skeletons going to another realm and not the entirety of their combined forces (which includes them) and everyone they have connections to going to war

Sending their minions to the other realm is all that mentioned though, and even so, Hela destroying the omniverse is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back