• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Not being able to post something due to a slur word?

EliminatorVenom

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
I was trying to make a blog post with feats and I was forbidden to do so, and the reason displayed was "presence of slur words".

I've re-read the post a few times but I'm still puzzled as there were none I could detect, and I don't remember writing anything. I wish I could show it exactly but I can't seem to post it. The closest thing to a slur word I found was "slaughter", which... really isn't, unless something changed on the wiki's standards.

I might be missing something as english isn't my primary language, in any case, I'd appreciate it if anyone can help.

I think I can post on the forum, but the formatting of FANDOM gets really messed up when trying to transcribe it here.

Sometimes it detects slur words based on the last few letters of a previous word followed by the the first letters of the next word. For example, in the name Doran Gerald, the oran in Doran and Ge in Gerald spell Orange. It's a similar concept for various slur word features.

I remember on club penguin a guy said "canal" (channel in english) and it censored the 4 other letters because it spelled anal, so yeah, you might have spelled a slur with typo in the system eyes

That's happened to me a few times on other platforms, like the others have said it probably because one of your words or sentences has an unintentional hidden slur/swear that gets picked up by the algorithm.

E.g: "Introducing the assassin that has lived for 1000 years, Hit!" (notice what the last 4 letters of my quote spell?. Ofc that's just example since that word isn't actually filtered here but you get the gish).

Sometimes it detects slur words based on the last few letters of a previous word followed by the the first letters of the next word. For example, in the name Doran Gerald, the oran in Doran and Ge in Gerald spell Orange. It's a similar concept for various slur word features.
Ooooh, that makes sense. So, should I contact an admin or try to reword the things within?

That's happened to me a few times on other platforms, like the others have said it probably because one of your words or sentences has an unintentional hidden slur/swear that gets picked up by the algorithm.

E.g: "Introducing the assassin that has lived for 1000 years, Hit!" (notice what the last 4 letters of my quote spell?. Ofc that's just example since that word isn't actually filtered here but you get the gish).
Yup, thanks for the example!

Back