• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

nipponverse CRT part 3: abilities and resistances

so this is going to be the last major CRT for the verse until disgaea 6 comes out next year.

Range:
The range for the 3-Bs could be changed to have Projectiles at Intergalactic shown in disgaea 4, and 5’s version of Galaxy comet.

Resistances:
Okay so for this as noted below everyone should gain resistance to Curse manipulation for resisting a curse that shrinks the affected person.

Next will be a few resistances from an ability of the thief which can steal stats. But this is not just stealing stats, but things such as emotions, personality traits, social status, fashion sense, dreams, willpower, morals, ideals, Identity, honor, beating heart, and many more.

But front the ones I know, Everyone but Cornet should gain resistance to dream, willpower, morality, and possibly Biological manipulation as they can resist having these stolen.

More evilities
Now to explain what evilities are again.
They are passive abilities that characters and generic classes have and gain as they get stronger. These are broken up into 2 categories, unique, and generic . The generic ones are easy for everyone to get, like going to a basic trainer or scrolls, while unique ones are the major evilities from characters and classes that need to be by Training with them, or by getting a scroll.

Spirit Gun: When making a non-elemental attack, add the element of unit’s highest resistance.

Healing:
Anger of Earth: 10% of damage dealt by normal attack recovers HP

Damage boosts:
Overflowing Magic: When remaining SP is 50% or more, increase damage dealt from skills by 30%.
Elemental Force: Reflect element value onto elemental attacks ( attacks with fire, hell fire, ice, water, air, electricity, and light damage by 100%)
Double Attack: Increase damage dealt by 30% when attacking the same unit as the previous turn

Punishment: Increase damage dealt to weakened units by 100%.
Spiritual Wave: Damage to target affected by Forget increased by 100%.
Death Fang: Increase damage dealt to paralyzed units by 100%.

Stat amplapacation:
Medical Insertion: Multiply effect of support magic by 2.
This would make the multiplier of buffing spell go from from 2x to 4x
Chemical Reaction: When using support magic, increase one stat that wasn't enhanced by 30%. (60% with the boosting Evilities)
Activation: Stats increased by 20% when HP is max.

Damage reduction
Aegis: Damage decreased by 30% when attacked from the front.
Superiority: If enemy is weaker, damage received decreased by 50%
Advance Guard: Damage taken decreased by 80% when Defending.
In the Fight: Decrease damage taken from adjacent units by 50%

Curse manipulation
Reduction Curse: chance to inflict shrink when attacking normally. (This should also grant everyone but Cornet resistance to Curse manipulation)

Resurrection:
Undead: When defeated, come back as a zombie.

Necromancy:
Necromancy: Bring back defeated enemies as zombies and use them.

Probability manipulation
Now this evility base belongs to the Nine-Tails monster class. The class’ lore says that they can manipulate the luck of their enemy to make a fight go in their favor.
This power is represented in the game as a passive stat buff. Though like any evility anyone can gain this through training and scrolls.

Good Fortune: Increase stats by Bonus Gauge level x 5% (max 50%)

Last edited:
The range seems fine.

I got to say for the abilities and resistances, can you post evidence like links with the evidence like described in the Editing Rules below?
  • Content Revision Threads need to be supported by scans, quotes, video clips, accepted calculations, or any other direct proof that claimed events actually happened in the source material. In the absence of this evidence, CRTs may be closed without notice.

sorry about that. getting all the screen shots took way longer then I thought it would, and I removed the ones that I could not get screen shots for.

Sure, no problem; in the case of abilities from games with long lists, I would also be fine with a link listing most of them like this case and that case, also.

Medical Insertion: Multiply effect of support magic by 2.
This would make the multiplier of buffing spell go from from 2x to 4x
Chemical Reaction: When using support magic, increase one stat that wasn't enhanced by 30%. (60% with the boosting Evilities)
  • Both pictures are linked to Mother Rain so I think an update should be made.

Healing:
Anger of Earth: 10% of damage dealt by normal attack recovers HP

The other abilities additions are fine.

Back