• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nightmare Moon fights Daybreaker but not really

Peppersalt43

They/Them
4-B versions used
Speed equalized and starting distance is 100 meters
Fight takes place on either in Canterlot or the moon (Why doesn't Luna have self-sustenance? She got banished to the moon for thousands of years)

Evil Green Lantern Batman : 1
Literal Dark Horse : 0
Incon : 7

Story

The day of the summer sun celebration grows nearer and with all preparations set, Nightmare Moon prepares the non-essential parts. "I've returned! Prepare to die, sister!" she said with her usual thundering voice "No, too generic. I'm sure thousands of villains have said lines like that". "Perhaps a more personal approach? How about : 'Where is the power of friendship now?!'... No, that would be ironic if she did train that protegee she promised" the mare in the moon practiced again "Maybe a poem? That would certainly be intimidating and will surely create a nursery rhyme that will last as long as my banishment. Now what rhymes with night...".

She spent several weeks desperately thinking of rhyming words and flowing sentences, finding incredibly difficult to do so. "The blackest night shall fall. And death comes to light... all? Agh! How does my sister randomly break into song?!" she said with frustration. Suddenly, a meteorite struck the moon. This was a common occurrence until she realized that the crater glowed green. A peek into the crater revealed an emaciated man dressed in green with a glowing ring in his hand. In his other hand he held a mangled lantern with an odd glow, not quite green yet not quite black. The man placed his ring into the lantern and chanted with a raspy voice

With darkness black, I choke the light!
No brightest day escapes my sight!
I turn the dawn into midnight!

Beware my power… Dawnbreaker’s might!

The man pulled his ring out, glowing ever-so brightly. Hearing the poem, Nightmare Moon couldn't help but clap, gaining The Dawnbreaker's attention. "Bravo, bravo. Those are certainly some menacing lines. Perhaps thou can work for me, writing thy monologues. I have a voice that can make anything thou write all the more, terrifying" she offered. The man floated above her and with a scowl he said "I serve no one". "How unfortunate, Dawnbreaker was it?" replied Nightmare Moon, soaring higher above her opponent, her thundering voice being heard through the void of space.

"I am Nightmare Moon and you will serve me"

(Sorry for the long story. I thought of it one night and couldn't get it out of my head)

Last edited:
I don't know anything about the verse, so I will ask, is MLP magic based? And if so, are their spells thought based? And how does her corruption work?
If I'm not wrong, yes it's thought based. Even babies who are incapable of speech can perform basic spells

As for corruption, I only remember her comic feat where she corrupted one of the main characters and it took a pretty long time for her do so.

I see, thanks.

Then I am voting Bats for RW
Define "Reality Warping". It calls it limited and gives no emphasis. The most it was ever used for was preventing the collapse of space-time based on what limited knowledge I could find. So, that's a no-go for a wincon.
,time slow,
When was it shown? How often is it used? How is it used/activated? To what degree is the target slowed?
matter manip.
Stupidly disingenuous. All it gets is from the Ring being said to atomize Doomsday. They could be talking raw power or actual atomization. Does this dude even use it in character? It's not a wincon otherwise.
He can counter her bfr with his portals. I think it has multiversal range.
The BFR actively prevents you from coming back. And no, they aren't multiversal. At most, it says it can reach other Universes. Guess who else can? Nightmare Moon. Guess who couldn't escape the Moon despite having such range?

And furthermore, no. Corruption is fast, instant even. As soon as Nightmare Moon got tired of playing nice with the Nyx, she forcibly corrupted them to help her invade Celestia's mind. This is on her own profile.
Okay... That is unfortunate. However the part of the corruption that causes enemies to follow Luna's orders appears to be mind-based instead of morality or emphatic based (Judging by the fact that they could be reverted to their previous selves without any long-lasting consequences).

Dawnbreaker resists mind manip so I guess this should be fine? (If I'm not wrong, it's on-par with the other lanterns who also have mind-manip or resistances to it)

Okay... That is unfortunate. However the part of the corruption that causes enemies to follow Luna's orders appears to be mind-based instead of morality or emphatic based (Judging by the fact that they could be reverted to their previous selves without any long-lasting consequences).

Dawnbreaker resists mind manip so I guess this should be fine? (If I'm not wrong, it's on-par with the other lanterns who also have mind-manip or resistances to it)
It's not really mind control-based; although later down the line the corruption did corrode their minds for the worse. All of the Nyx still had their own free will and were aware of everything.

It's not really mind control-based; although later down the line the corruption did corrode their minds for the worse. All of the Nyx still had their own free will and were aware of everything.
Well that's unfortunate. But Luna herself wouldn't use such an attack, right? As much as I don't want to do this, if I switched the fighter and just use Luna, would that solve the corruption problem? I mean, I can make a disclaimer that the story doesn't affect the match.

Or we could; ya know, not change it to a completely different character just because she has an in-character wincon? Bat's can just one-shot since he did it to the entire corps, and fought with a guy who scales to higher shit than Nightmare Moon. Either she gets one-shot or corrupts him.
I mean, I can make a disclaimer that the story doesn't affect the match.
That sounds really stupid. Literally making an entire thread because you think these two characters might have synergy and make for an interesting matchup, then turn one of them into a completely different person, and proceeding to go "The story is just some random shit I made up. Ignore." partway through. All because one character suddenly gains a viable wincon.

Last edited:
Or we could; ya know, not change it to a completely different character just because she has an in-character wincon? Bat's can just one-shot since he did it to the entire corps, and fought with a guy who scales to higher shit than Nightmare Moon. Either she gets one-shot or corrupts him.

That sounds really stupid. Literally making an entire thread because you think these two characters might have synergy and make for an interesting matchup, then turn one of them into a completely different person, and proceeding to go "The story is just some random shit I made up. Ignore." partway through. All because one character suddenly gains a viable wincon.
Don't worry, I haven't changed anything and now I won't do that at all. Thanks, I honestly needed that (This is not sarcasm, I'm being genuine).

I'm sorry, I was just worried that this is a stomp. Instant corruption was pretty worrying. Glad to see that this is still viable.

Last edited:
Back