• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Verse Addition: Fine Structure

Andytrenom

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
For a while I've been intending to add a verse to this site, a web serial novel known as Fine Structure. Now, this verse is quite powerful with the strongest characters reaching 1-B and as such; I figured getting the ratings approved first would be better.

Originally I was going to do this with a cosmology blog but later on I realized it wouldn't be necessary, the evidence of these ratings are very straightforward and the overall cosmology introduced isn't really complex or dense enough to require a blog. Instead I'll just post the tiers and their justification here.

You can check out the series here

Xio and Oul
First, an introduction to who the supposed 1-Bs are. One of them is Xio, he is a 75+5D being and he gets his home attacked by Oul, an 80+6D being who is more a mindless weapon made purely for destruction. Oul is far more powerful than Xio but Xio has actual intelligence. They have a battle which ends with Xio bringing Oul to the3+1D universe and trapping both of them in a prison which takes away a vast majority of their power, reducing them to 3-D entities.

Dimensions
The series involves higher dimensions as a major plot element. But what proves dimensions in this series are used in a way that justifies Higher D tiering? A lot of things in fact

First of all, it is stated by Xio in his battle against Oul that a dimensional difference between two opponents means there isn't a contest between them at all

"It's about dimension. One degree of freedom over your opponent and there is no contest, none at all, and mine fell five to be here"

"My people play with waveforms during infancy, we can literally alter odds in our favour - but where this thing comes from, my home and the entire cosmos it sits in is a tiny, shiny circle in space that you could crush between your fingers."

"If the adversary had any mind, any intelligent thought at all, it would have been over in microseconds. But it has no mind. Just firepower."

https://qntm.org/unbelievable

Higher Dimensional beings resembled "omnipotence" to the perspective of lower dimensional beings

"Do you believe in God?"

"If by that you mean, do I believe that there exist multidimensional beings of colossal scale and intelligence in planes of reality far above ours, with powers and abilities which would appear in our reality to resemble omnipotence, capable, even, of deterministically predicting human behaviour to great accuracy, before whom our entire universe, all its physical extent along with its past, present and future, is as insignificant nanotechnology, then yes

https://qntm.org/least

It was stated that 3 dimensionsal beings cannot even comprehend Oul's destructive power

"Oul' is the closest approximation in human language of the name of a cosmic eighty-plus-six-dimensional hyperweapon which fell out of the control of its creators.

"You do not have an appropriate conceptual framework to understand the destructive capabilities of this being. I have seen what Oul is capable of first-hand, but the three-dimensional vocabulary does not exist to describe the scale of destruction it wrought while I brought it under control.

https://qntm.org/chaoticia

And the most blatant piece of evidence? The difference between dimensional beings being alluded to as "different levels of infinity"

"The thought occurs to Ching that the two of them could battle until they were invisible points fighting for control of a zero-dimensional universe, and he would still be hopelessly outclassed"

"Xio and Oul were both of effectively infinite capability. But there are levels of infinity. That was how this all began in the first place."

https://qntm.org/science

I would like it if the tier 1-B ratings are verified, so I can be allowed to move forward with the creation of these profiles. I will also use this thread to bring up certain abilities and I would appreciate if I can get opinions on them.

I'm fine with it, while I don't care which expert on dimensions-blah-blah you get but it should be looked at. In general your reasoning is sound and the verse seems to be very explicit about this stuff.

It seems rather explicit to me

Another profile I want to make is the Imprisoning God. The story of Fine Structure is that both Xio and Oul were flattened into 3 dimensional beings and trapped inside an extradimensional prison, Imprisoning God is that very prison and a sentient entity.

His tier I believe should be high 2-A since, one, he physically contains the multiverse within him which would require him to be 5 dimensional

"Each universe is 3+1D. The multiverse is a stack of 3+1D universes, with ana/kata as an additional direction of travel, making it 4+1D.

Locally, the multiverse looks flat, in the same way that the surface of the Earth looks flat (2D) from up close. But because it actually curves around to meet itself, the space that the multiverse is embedded in is 5+1D, in the same way that the Earth's surface is embedded in 3D."

Source

It's also implied to be 5-D within the story itself

This is the chapter which he appears i, the context is that Mitch is trying to escape the 3+1D universe to his higher dimensional home

First he falls vertically and screams "One"

Then he experiences some form of centripetal force and screams "Two"

then parallel versions of him begin to switch places with him across a multiverse loop and he screams "Three"

then he travels "kata" across the multiverse (Ana and Kata in the story describe 4 dimensional movement across the multiverse) and screams "Four"

then he encounters things whose geometry cannot be grasped and the Imprisoning God simultaneously, and screams "Five"

I think it's heavily implied that the numbers refer to dimensions and the imprisoning god is a 5 dimensional being.

Looks fine.

Not sure about the implications of those numbers though.

Thank you Saikou

The Imprisoning God also has a few abilities he needs cleared. The most notable being:

Law Manipulation, He would have this since the very plot of the whole novel revolves around him changing the laws of the universe everytime someone uses a technology that could help people escape from Aleph (the universe where most of the events take place)

Information Manipulation: He can rip out information straight from a person's mind to leave them docile and he can even scramble all the information in the world so that the entire civilsation is sent back to the stone age and forced to regain all their advancenemt from scratch

Back