• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Rule about Blogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a problem that I'm sure a lot of people had to deal at some point, and that is looking for blogs, without knowing the owner or the threads in which those were posted, it might take an unecesary amount of time to eventually find them.

So I came up with this:

"When making a blog for a calculation, respect thread, or cosmology explaining for an specific verse, please add the verse category for more easy search".

"If you find a blog for a specific verse without its category, you have the right of kindly asking the owner to add it's respective verse category. But if the owner is unable to respond then you can ask an staff member".

I've come across this issue in the past so this makes sense, it's more of a quality of life thing than something that should be strictly enforced though.

I see nothing wrong with having a rule about it if it brings awareness to it.

This is good. May I derail a bit and propose other categories (those by powers, character statues, etc.) to be disallowed? I'm tired of getting notified of drafts and things made for fun.

Eficiente said:
This is good. May I derail a bit and propose other categories (those by powers, character statues, etc.) to be disallowed? I'm tired of getting notified of drafts and things made for fun.
Things that are meant only for fun are obviously disallowed.

Drafts for characters and powers, they might need the approval of staff, accuracty and quality are things that needs to be checked.

By the way, should this thread be highlighted? Since, is a rule that will apply to all verse related profiles.

So, should I add Scooby-Doo (and since it's a general head rip calc Real World) to Popping the Head off a Zombie; Marvel Cinematic Universe to Deathlok Bulldozer Recalc; Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter to Lincoln Vs Tree; and Mythology to Hercules Makes Strait of Gibraltar? Since these are calculations, should I add Calculations?

I've also got a Wood Destruction Values (not evaluated nor submitted for eval, though I just converted from PSI to MPa from the source material) that could get Real World and Calculations?

Yeah.

Albeit, for the Wood Destruction Values, it should go calculation guides and the like.

Completely agreeing with this. I also think we should make it a rule for, when making calcs for blogs, they should just be approved in a regular CRT. Because when it comes to blogs, you cant be notified of who replies and when a reply is made.

So discussing things, let alone getting them evaulated, can take up even more uneccessary time. While at least on a CRT, discussions can be repeatedly notifed.

It might be helpful to have a Common Feats section on the calculations? Maybe a Destruction Values category? I didn't include any sample calculations in the Wood Destruction Values so it doesn't really fit the Calculation Instructions category...

How difficult would it be to create a Calculation Evaluations forum, where you could make a blog, then put it there instead of overflowing the CRT forum (not all calculations will necessarily lead to content revision - some are just supporting feats and actually putting number verification on ratings).

Newendigo said:
We already have a page of References for Common Feats.
That's a locked page with a few general feats. I was talking about a Common Feats category you could put on your blog without getting having to get someone to put the general feat you calculated onto that particular page. For instance, there's a general Spine Rip calc that's not on that page that is on A page for reference of common feats by Jasonsith. If there was a Common Feats category, someone could go there and peruse the various feat to see if something has already been calculated (assuming all the common feat blogs got that category added to them).

Yeah, it should be a rule to put links to important blogs and calcs within the verse pages as well as put the verse category in the blogs.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Completely agreeing with this. I also think we should make it a rule for, when making calcs for blogs, they should just be approved in a regular CRT. Because when it comes to blogs, you cant be notified of who replies and when a reply is made.
So discussing things, let alone getting them evaulated, can take up even more uneccessary time. While at least on a CRT, discussions can be repeatedly notifed.
^

Don't we already discuss the calculations on CRTs aswell? Esdeath's Storm is the most recent example I can think. I will ask for more imput.

I agree with the OP. Seems pretty straightforward.

I think this makes sense, yes. We can probably add this.

We should also wait for input from the Bureaucrats and Admnis though.

Yeah I agree with this. Half the times I myself get into a pinch trying to figure out what calc the verse is for. Which is why I do it with my blogs all the time (As in, I notify the verse name in the category).

Newendigo said:
Don't we already discuss the calculations on CRTs aswell? Esdeath's Storm is the most recent example I can think.
I will ask for more imput.
Yes but thats my point. If we need a CRT to discuss the calc and get it approved for the verse, we might as well just use a CRT for calcs on everything.

The issue is people tend to make arguments for/against a calc being used in the blogs comment section, using important points and information, but it hardly gets acknowledged since we cant get notified about it.

If I could make one possible suggestion to this, it would be that instead categorizing it with just the verse name and filling up the verse category with calculations, the blog posts be categorized with "X Calculations", for example; "Dragon Ball Calculations", or "One Piece Calculations".

And then all of those calculations categories could be collected into a "Calculations by Verse" category for easy access.

The problem with this is that the main category for each verse would easily also be cluttered with inaccurate calculations that have been rejected by the calc group.

Perhaps rejected calculations should have the verse categories removed?

Antvasima said:
The problem with this is that the main category for each verse would easily also be cluttered with inaccurate calculations that have been rejected by the calc group.

Perhaps rejected calculations should have the verse categories removed?
This is exactly what I was just about to say. I always thought that's how we do things, and only add the verse category if the blog is accepted and used on the profiles. For non-serious joke blogs and rejected calculations, the categories should not be added.

Man, I'd love to sort through blog posts and fix the categories for several of them but I don't have the ability to do it.

I can help with that. If you find any such blogs from which the verse category needs to be removed, you can message me.

It's always a pain to surf through the profiles using the verse category and encounter several non-useful blogs.

Thank you both for helping out. It is very appreciated.

But such blogs should still always get the "Calculations" category added to them.

Also, I am still very uncertain about clutterig up the verse categories with lots of poor quality rejected calculations. Ones that have simply not been evaluated yet are another issue.

How about a system where only pending calcs and certified approved calcs will only get the tags?

Or perhaps a new pending calculations tag for calcs waiting for approval?

Now now, remember the rule is not only for calcs.

It also applies to respect threads, and cosmology/explanation blogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back