• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New main/front page for the wiki...

SchutzenDunkelZiel1217

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Well back before I went inactive in January I said I wanted to make some improvements to the main page and well I've done so now...

This thread is an announcement informing everyone of the change...

Now I would like to tell everyone of the benefits of this change.

1. It provides a better layout of the things on FC/OC than the previous layout of the front page.
  2. Better Navigation. A list of important pages and a help section are at the top beside the Rules and Regulations so they'll be seen by more users.
  3. More attractive features have been added so the chances of attracting new users rises.
There are a few other benefits but these are the main ones...

Now I'd like to ask everyone. Do ya guys like the change?.

Also if ya have any suggestions for improvement do tell me and I'll try them out...

One last thing I should add is that there are a few more projects I have in mind so that the other parts of the site matches with the front page and to improve the site as a whole but for now my exams are near so I can't really do them...

I like the change. Thank you, man.

@Promestein: I'm glad ya like it...

@LeonRaidenYun: If by contribute you mean giving suggestions for improvement then by all means do so. But if ya mean contribute as in editing it then... well if ya decent knowledge about coding then I'm alright with it...

@Cross: I sense some tension or perhaps even bad blood between you and Leon... Did anything happen...

And as always guys suggestions for improvement are always welcome...

There's no bad blood between us, Ziel. Leon changed the background of our site and there were a couple people who prefered to have a neutral background like our current one. So i tried to change it back to what it was but whatever happened when he first changed it didn't allow me to do anything.

All i'm saying is that i don't want Leon to do any edits on the thing you implemented yesterday given how sort of complex you mention it to be. Not to mention that i have no previous knowledge of Leon telling me that he knows some coding either...

Nobody ever asked me if I did. I have decent knowledge of coding and can sure learn. But I'll respect Cross's wishes. Just let me know if you need me, I'm on standby until then.

Ho... So you have decent knowledge of coding...

Alright then between HTML, CSS and JavaScript which do you have the most skill with...

Depending on your answer I could use your help on a few projects...

Wow i'm not even acting sarcastic, Leon. I'm hust saying that you could make edits to what Ziel did but wow okay then.

Well Ziel, to answer your question, I'm best with HTML. I'm pretty mediocre on CSS and am still learning to know the basics for Javascript.

Well i at least would haver prefered Leon had come to me beforehand on that the other day or so ago. This way i would have allowed him to be and do his work....well that or probably make a thread and see what others think. That would have worked too.

@Leo: Hmm. So best at HTML, that's excellent. Mediocre with CSS, mmhmm. And still in leaning with the basics of Javascript. Nice. *Nods*

LeonRaidenYun said:
Well Ziel, to answer your question, I'm best with HTML. I'm pretty mediocre on CSS and am still learning to know the basics for Javascript.
HTML huh... Well that's good news at least...

The infobox on this page is pretty much pure code so could ya turn into a usable template. I've been meaning to do so for a while... but I got lazy...

I was instructed mainly on making websites though, so that might be a different HTML field. But I can probably figure things out.

LeonRaidenYun said:
I was instructed mainly on making websites though, so that might be a different HTML field. But I can probably figure things out.
Huh. Kind of funny since i'm actually learning on how to make webstites. Weird...

It isn't hard but there are some pieces of code that are confusing. I use w3schools as a resource at times for HTML, CSS and Javascript.

@LeonRaiden: Oh okay. But is it possible for you to make the template usable so everybody can potentially use it though? I mean it has to be, right?

LeonRaidenYun said:
Hmmm... Between HTML1, HTML2, HTML3, HTML3.2, HTML4.01,HTML5 and XHTML 1 which did ya learn...

CrossverseCrisis said:
@LeonRaiden: Oh okay. But is it possible for you to make the template usable so everybody can potentially use it though? I mean it has to be, right?
Possible definitely...

Can I do it now... Nope I'd prefer to create a new template entirely instead of touching that monstrosity...

7. Caused a shock wave which blew away a few dozen solar systems.

What is that supposed to mean

Other than that, the home page looks really good

Bozard said:

Oh that's something that i think the OP did by mistake. I'll try to take out, thank you.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Bozard said:

Oh that's something that i think the OP did by mistake. I'll try to take out, thank you.
No prob

(Bozard was my other account)

@ZielandCrossverse Sorry about that, I usually go to sleep pretty early. I think the one I've learned is HTML 1. The one where you set everything up from !DOCTYPE and stuff in notepad.

@LeonRaiden: I see. Problem is that Ziel is now inactive until the end of June, give or take. So whatever he would have asked you to do something....well you might have to wait a month or 2 since i have no clue as to what he would have gotten you to do based on your answer...

@Cross Well, that's fine. I think we both may have started off on the wrong foot and I hope my outburst didn't gravely offend you. Let's work together to make this wiki better. And I'll remember to let you know about things before changing them in the future.

LeonRaidenYun said:
@Cross Well, that's fine. I think we both may have started off on the wrong foot and I hope my outburst didn't gravely offend you. Let's work together to make this wiki better. And I'll remember to let you know about things before changing them in the future.
Nah it's alright, we're all good.

But in any case as of now, i have no idea what he would have gotten you to do other than that template he showed you....

So, uh, you evidently wanted my opinion here, Cross, but I don't see what you want it for. I mean, I love the new front page, and it definitely looks professional, although improvements could be made.

But I mean, what specifically?

Stevethebarbarian said:
So, uh, you evidently wanted my opinion here, Cross, but I don't see what you want it for. I mean, I love the new front page, and it definitely looks professional, although improvements could be made.
But I mean, what specifically?
Oh for this one? Well do you like it and if there's anything that you'd like that can be changed here, you can voiced them onto here.

Other than that, that's it basically.

Back