• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New issues with the calculated size of the Seireitei

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to intrude again but, whats to say that anime won't have inconsistent depictions of Seretei?? Isn't that one of the reasons Toneri's moon split got axxed??
This decision would be just a recoloring the problem not solving it, all this time we dealt with "manga inconsistent" and later we would be dealing "anime inconsistent".

Just accepting the stated size in movie is simplest and accurate solution to the problem at hand.

If it was just the one statement I would agree that a throw away line wouldn't be evidence. But its not the one statement. Like the AgK capital we have multiple statements and backup novels that support that its incredibly large. 1,000 kilometers is a bit iffer imo but its also not outright contradicted in my view if you ignore visuals that we're already ignoring at the moment.
Qawsedf234 makes sense to me.

It looks like majority of people actively participating in the thread are for keeping our current Seireitei size. And I think it wise to wait for the anime/potential TYBW databook to arrive and give us potentially new info before revisiting this topic.

It looks like majority of people actively participating in the thread are for keeping our current Seireitei size. And I think it wise to wait for the anime/potential TYBW databook to arrive and give us potentially new info before revisiting this topic.
Okay. As unfortunate as it is, I'll accept that I need to compromise and I can settle for adding in this discussion rule for the verse:

• The current size for the Seireitei is accepted as being 509.3 kilometers in radius based on a statement from Yoruichi in chapter 76. There are visuals and other issues that contradict that size but there are also supporting evidence that indicate a large size for the Seireitei. Any future revisions concerning the size of the Seireitei should wait for additional evidence from the likes of databooks, adaptations, Word of God, etc. which could affect our current understanding of the Seireitei.

Personally though, I am still not happy regarding the meteor calc. I don't know how this can't be seen as a contradictory viewpoint to totally accept Kubo's drawings as being perfectly to scale only where the meteor is concerned, but if he draws the Seireitei or the Silbern then we just dismiss it every time.

That is good to hear. I agree on that discussion rule. Last i would add is Imade constructed this calc a while back based off the number of districts. It got quite close to the calc we use currently.

unknown-20.png

Are the rest of you fine with Damage's suggested new discussions rule?

Just want to note that others that I've spoken to have comments for the thread and other points, so the thread is being left open for now.

Both sides had valid points. Imade did a very good job to make a case for the size. No matter which size we decide to use, there will always be stuff to poke holes into that decision due the contradictions between the idea of size gathered by statements and other information vs using the inconsistent visuals. But I think that the former is more reliable and should be used as compared to the latter.

Although, I agree with Qawsedf that if our decision is to assume that the size is large and Kubo doesn't draw stuff accurately when it comes to Seireitei's depiction, or in general, that will also render any calc that uses the decided distance/size useless because stuff like pixel scaling won't be viable.

I agree with the rule btw.

The Cero and Lanza calcs need to be redone as a note. They're pixel scaling from images we're taking as not accurate.

CO did a compromise of statements vs visuals (like it averaged sizes), so it should be fine, but I'm open to discuss options in a CO dedicated thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back