• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Necronomicon/Cthulhu Mythos Exists In ArchieVerse and why doesn't riverdale/sabrina have profiles? what is to be done here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is more of a question but about Cthulhu Mythos, I found something with riverdale with afterlife with archie and chilling adventures of sabrina all of which are alternative universes. cthulhu, the carcosa, hint of outer gods and elder gods are mentioned along with the necronomicon which the writer says they are indeed from cthulhu mythos to expand the stories. are they considered the same or different versions? read this: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:TheImagineBreaker121212/ArchieVerse_+_Lovecraft?

also I think the archie character should get some action on their profiles and maybe the cthulhu mythos gets a separate profile for archieverse

how far does this go?

My brain is having trouble reading it since I'm so used to capitalization.

We should definitely not cross-scale between different mostly unrelated fictions. Sorry.

Antvasima said:
We should definitely not cross-scale between different mostly unrelated fictions. Sorry.
i'm not saying we should cross scale, on the contrary, the lovecraftiian/cthulhu mythos characters and even the necronomicon shown in afterlife and caos are said to be actually from the contents of the said necronomicon.

think of it like the cthulhu mythos from demonbane, just like it but it's own version. it's not cross scaling, but i'd say a archie cthulhu mythos profile should get sold.

Update: I edited the title so it doesn't seem like a cross scale dilemma.

We can only scale Archie from what has been explicitly stated in its own canon.

Antvasima said:
We can only scale Archie from what has been explicitly stated in its own canon.
could yoou be a bit more specific? scans say lovecrat's work exists in afterlife with archie and chilling adventures of sabrina, cthulhu exists as well as an implication of outer gods, then carcosa and elder gods. ii's enough to earn their own profiles in the series. does wog not work here either? it's not contradicted either.

you mind calling in some other minds familiar with archie comics and cthulhu mythos? or like anyone familiar with this scenario?

i'm not asking for a cross scale but a profile creation ('s)

Wokistan said:
No cross verse scaling, the Cthulhu creatures are only as strong as they are presented within Archie.
no offense but can you guys stop accusing me of cross-scaling? there's no scaling, there is no crossover, this is a application tbh all i'm saying is that they should have their own profile, and " the Cthulhu creatures are only as strong as they are presented within Archie" okay well. the author confirmed these versions are from the lovecraft necronomicon, and the lovecraft necronomicon exists in the verse looking at the scans meaning they are likely as powerful as they are said in the necronomicon. they may be from archie but they likely holld the same stats as cthulhu mythos but that may be far fetched but definitely have whatever is in the necronomicon (which is the equivalent to cthulhu mythos and more, a compilation of Lovecrat's work)

"Can you guys stop accusing me of cross-scaling."

Imagine, we don't have to pretend to not know the reason why you made this thread in the first place, and I know who you got this from. You even admit to wanting to cross-scale them on this blog.

Archie writers were fans of Cthulhu Mythos so they inserted their own versions of the characters into the comics. That being said, the Cthulhu Mythos characters in Archie have no feats noteworthy of making profiles for either.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
"Can you guys stop accusing me of cross-scaling."
Imagine, we don't have to pretend to not know the reason why you made this thread in the first place, and I know who you got this from. You even admit to wanting to cross-scale them on this blog.

Archie writers were fans of Cthulhu Mythos so they inserted their own versions of the characters into the comics. That being said, the Cthulhu Mythos characters in Archie have no feats noteworthy of making profiles for either.
no, I said the characters in archie are linked to cthulhu mythos as in; the lore, not the verse. nice try though.

their own versions are from the necronomicon which the said were actual contents from the book, writer said these lovecraftian inhuman things we see are pulled straight from the necronomicon point blank they'd be as powerful as they are perceived in the necronomicon according to said writers.

I don't care if they're point level, building level or tier 0, you act like "possible "varies" and "unknown" isn't a thing, I just want some archie characters in the mix of this wikia besides you know who. I suggested the statistics they may or may not get comes from the necronomicon because that's where the writer has stated they come from aka the pages of it, it's a option.

"I've seen that ArchieVerse or rather Riverdale/Sabrina has Lovecraftian Measures from Cthulhu Mythos and is likely linked to the verse in question, or at least has it's own version but what values?"

"ArchieVerse Is looking pretty insane. all in all the cthulhu characters in archie could at least be considered their own characters and have the same abilities as per lovecraft's work via necronomicon or archieverse shares a cosmology I guess."

This is rather self-explanatory.

Clearly, they pulled stuff from the Necronomicon so they could include the characters in the comic. There has to be evidence from the comic itself that the Cthulhu Mythos characters there are as powerful as the original, otherwise this is just a conjectural assumption.

TheImagineBreaker121212 said:
I don't if they're point level, building level or tier 0, you act like "possible "varies" and "unknown" isn't a thing, I just want some archie characters in the mix of this wikia besides you know who. I suggested the statistics they may or may not get comes from the necronomicon because that's where the writer has stated they come from aka the pages of it, it's a option.
If you're arguing they're the same as the originals, then there is zero purpose in creating what are basically duplicate profiles.

first quote is linking lore to the verse

Well yeah, The Cthulhu Mythos lore is insane when it comes to power, the attributes applied from lore would hence apply to the cosmology, I did say they are their own versions but have attributes from the necronomicon which once again the author indicates,

no, that "is" cthulhu, writer said that one page from the necronomicon was pulled when cthulhu came around, let's add the carcosa, a hint of outer gods and elder gods (all of which come from the necronomicon) then realize the same necronomicon is in the comic pages and everything else is history. no, I could be wrong but it's at least plausible.

Yeah I ain't seeing why they should be profiles if they're the same as their CM counterparts.

Maybe just a note or smth? But I don't think they're the exact same

The Unknown Warrior1 said:
Yeah I ain't seeing why they should be profiles if they're the same as their CM counterparts.
Maybe just a note or smth? But I don't think they're the exact same
do you remember a witch being forced to marry a giant hentai monster because she accidentally started a zombie apocalypse that killed like 45% of the riverdale cast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back