• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Weird thought but what if its talking about Uncountable Infinity, and not a countable infinity? Because infinite possibilities is technically a 5D cosmology

I would still recommend that you read anything related to the subject instead of just agreeing with what I say.

There's a lot of information and something else may make you change your mind. I always think it best to digest as much as you can by yourself and try to come to a personal conclusion, though of course that's a huge time investment.

Edit: @TheUnshakableOne What would give you that thought?

The problem is that everything points towards infinite = too many to represent numerically in any decent way, not infinite = infinite. (Possibilities)

Edit: @TheUnshakableOne What would give you that thought?
I might end up explaining this terribly, but i'll try my best

Humans generate infinite possibilities. Infinite possibilities equates to infinite worlds. Lets assume every world has humans. If Humans generate infinite worlds through possibility. Then those worlds would also branch out infinitely. Then those would branch out to infinity as well. This processs would just keep going forever so long as every world has humans.

1 universe branches out infinitely, and then those universes branch out infinitely again, and then those ones branch out infinitely as well and this process just keeps going and going.

Edit: How does this apply to nasuverse? No idea lol. I have no proof that it could mean Uncountable infinity.

Though, i do want to say at the end of one of the routes in Extella. It was stated that Altera erased herself from all worlds, but the MC then slides into another world and she is still existing in that one.

Last edited:
The feeling and the definition used.
It's a mathematical problem - we know the time axis isn't infinite, we know the universe of the timelines is ''Earth'', even if we account for each and all possible combinations possible of each quark, gluon or whatever subatomic particles, it is still INFINITELY smaller than infinite. You can't add or multiple into infinity, it's just not possible mathematically. Then comes the prunning effect, which literally says some possibilities are culled. The definition doesn't allow for infinite possibilities.

Nah, you didn't explain it wrong, but you are off the mark. Adjacent worlds are adjacent worlds in the first place, the difference needs to be substantial enough. Think of the worlds that are killed for being paradises or hells - if the smallest change of any human, even if it didn't really impact the status quo, generated timelines, these would never be revised and erased.

Plus, by technicality, all universes with infinite timelines would be uncountable infinites by that logic, but we don't allow that. Very specific proof of such numbers is needed.

Edit: I see, that does make sense Lehen. But I am not sure if we consider that viable here. Fiction rarely cares about those realistic parameters, and the usual fare here is that if the fictional verse doesn't seem to account for them, then we don't either. Hence why we don't assume stuff like lightning negs dura as a baseline by ******* with organs - most fiction just doesn't depict lightning like that.

I edited this into my comment, but just in case it isn't seen

There was one route where Altera erased herself from all worlds, but the MC Slid into another timelines, and she was still existing there.

im not quiet sure what that means.

Haven't seen that bit in specific, so I can't really comment on that much.

Closest I could think of with no context unless I see the scene is that some people thought there may be many instead of only one tree of time, but that doesn't really seem to fit this scenario.

Edit: I see, that does make sense Lehen. But I am not sure if we consider that viable here. Fiction rarely cares about those realistic parameters, and the usual fare here is that if the fictional verse doesn't seem to account for them, then we don't either. Hence why we don't assume stuff like lightning negs dura as a baseline by ******* with organs - most fiction just doesn't depict lightning like that.
Yeah, I only say that because Nasu already ''built in'' a anti-infinity mechanism in his own world construction. It would seem very inconsistent to me if he did that when infinite possibilities would, well... generated INFINITE worlds per picosecond, which would make the whole mechanism purpose void and null. Infinite has been discussed as a philosophical topic SOOO much, and given his background, would seem strange to miss such obvious thing.

Yeah, but we do go with death of the author here. If the consistency is on the side of "infinite timelines", then regardless of the intent of the author we use infinite timelines since that's what makes the most internal logical sense for the show. Not speaking of Nasu here, just generally.

But even then, the wording of the prologue only made me think of an incomplete infinity, or something that just keeps on growing infinitely. The only infinite thing is the growth, and in that senses there are truly "infinite timelines", but that is only as a technicality.

Which again, only leaves us with the Moon Cell.

EX/EXTELLA isn't my forte, but I always thought of the Moon Cell as merely a recorder device of reality. If reality isn't a True Infinity, as you just spoke, the Moon Cell would be a record of that, wouldn't it?

The reasoning is that, even if we were to imagine not all possibilities are timelines at the same time, the moon cell has recorded everything. And all of those recorded timelines exist as actual timelines.

Instead of, well, just as data. Not to mention It bugged me the annoying contrivance of scanning everything, hence having all infinite possibilities, yet... still scanning more? What is there left to scan? The whole purpose of the Moon Cell is an Observation Device. The whole reason it deigns to do anything is for that purpose, so it gets is ass into gear if anything may interfere with that function (like Seraf). Not to mention, a line somewhere I think that Seraf absorbed 80% of all timelines/information on timelines while rampaging on the Moon Cell (take number with some salt, memories are fuzzy). How... do you absorb 80% of infinite?

Which is part 2 of my whole issue with 2-A. Except for possibilities getting called infinite many times, literally nothing else fits with that interpretation. Nothing else is consistent.

Its already stated to be infinite. Even with the quantum time lock. Even if you subtract or divide ∞, it will always be ∞.

That is straight up a lie... The Quantum Locks and pruning exists because the dimension doesn't have the infinite energy necessary for infinite timelines.
It's literally in one of the comments above, come on.

この宇宙は無数の可能性を許容し、多くの並行世界、違う展開の歴史を生み出している
(For the plebs, innumerable/uncountable possibilities but many/numerable worlds bla bla bla)

But that's how the system is.
Please give us your source, because the game definitely says something different.

But where are you getting your infinite from?
Because there's no initial infinite. You can't add/multiply to infinite in a finite amount of time.

FSN doesn't go into Parallel Worlds.
EXTRA says what I quoted above, because that's where I got the quote from.
Grand Order - quote it here, please.

In FSN HF route, it said ∞ parallel worlds when Rin use the jewel sword.
Extra ∞ possibilities at the end of the game.
Go Stated by Goetia him destroying ∞ possibilities.

Possibilities aren't worlds, the quote above explicitly separates the two and uses two very different ''amounts'' to each one.
And come on, it's lazy, at best, to translate 無数 as infinite... Even if it was Mugen, it would be lazy.

Don't remember the scene in HF, but if it says infinite parallel worlds, Quantum Time Locks has retconned it.

I really don't understand why people think ''infinite possibilities'' means anything. But, if you want, change it to ''unlimited possibilities'', because the kanji stays the same.

The entry in the encyclopedia > Rin's narration about a topic she has absolutely zero real knowledge. It's not even a description, but her speaking...

So according from famitsu in FGO 5th anniversary, the most popular and good chapters are:
Babylon / Atlantis / Camelot / Solomon / LB4 / Shimousa / Olympus / Anastasia / Shinjuku / LB3

Once again we proved wrong, Olympus being disappointing in truth was really good and amazing, and now until this day i still ashamed by my act about Olympus being disappointing because of that f***ing reddit post

Conviniently ignoring context to support your arguments doesn't prove anything, @LehenDuo

I haven't seen anything in these arguments that we haven't already addressed before, or what isn't an assumption based on "I don't like the current tier".

Himeko and Saito Hajime, new servant

CM

Himiko NP

Saito Hajime NP

Last edited:
Screenshot_20201009-190856.jpg

YOUR NOT RATE UP!!

SO GET AWAY FROM ME!!!

Ruler: Himiko Deck is 2Buster 2Art 1 Quick

First Skill:20% team attack up for 3 turns, gain 8 critical stars for 3 turns

Second Skill:self 30% buster up for 3 turns, invincible for 1 turn, self 50% demonic special attack for 3 turn

Third Skill:50 NP self battery, self 500% buster card star focus, self 100% buster crit up for 1 turn

Buster NP:Increase 30% buster effect, 2 NP overcharge one time and 50% critical strength in 3 turns for the whole team

Passives are 10% art up, 20% debuff resistance, immune to curse and poison

Last edited:
@Velox So what I have said forever, asking where people even get their "information" that Olympus was disliked. It has issues, but everyone I asked never had concrete reasons and could never answer correctly.

Hmm, is almost like I already addressed the issue that all possibilities are not fully realized timelines at every point in time. How funny that almost every quote used refers to "unlimited" possibilities, and the only line that equates possibilities and timelines is someone explicitly trying to simplify for an explanation, an explanation about a limited amount of energy in a system that supplies those timelines.

@Swag Pfft, you can stop joking. Nothing of what I said was addressed. I very well remember dropping all of this and the very quote above with other stuff. All I got as a comeback were infinite possibilities and "no, those are timelines". Not very kosher comebacks.

Fate/Stay Night Complete Material Book also mentions infinite parallels worlds

Jewel Sword Zelretch
The Mystic Code, possessed by the Wizard Marashal Zelretch, has the Limited Function to use the Second Magic. It is among the apex of Mystic Codes, able to tap and use the mana sources of infinite parallel worlds
- [1]

Last edited:
Back