• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
810561.png

Last edited:
Only 1 CRT is allowed per verse for now, so we should probably wait for staff supporters to share how they plan to do the progressive CRT.

Hello boys!! We're FINALLY here baby! Can't believe it's finally finished......

Well, may Itachi-Sama bless the upcoming revisions

Last edited:
This was the latest Part t 1 CRT
The AP discussion seems to be concluded, but discussion about speed remains. On that note, there are issues I found in three of the Part 1 speed calcs. The Lifting Strength should be downgraded though that can also wait till the end of Part 2 revisions.

Speed is actually downplayed. CM2 Sasuke and KN1 Naruto are just high hypersonic due to upscaling from 7 year old Gaaras sand speed (Mach 30), i think that they should be above 1st gate Lee who is rated at Mach 150 (Massively hypersonic).

Speed is actually downplayed. CM2 Sasuke and KN1 Naruto are just high hypersonic due to upscaling from 7 year old Gaaras sand speed (Mach 30), i think that they should be above 1st gate Lee who is rated at Mach 150 (Massively hypersonic).

Why though? We can't just do completely arbitrary scaling like "I can't believe these characters are rated slower than this character."

I do agree that CM2 and One Tails should scale above them. If I recall correctly, Neji did say that Naruto's speed and power increased when he used a bit of Kurama's chakra.

Reactions: Gio
True, but we don't know by how much they increased exactly, so I don't think we can equate the amp provided by CM2/KN1 to the one provided by the 1st Gate. At least imo.

Granted, I can totally see the amp being greater than the 1st Gate logically speaking, but we just don't know for sure.

Reactions: Gio
What are the issues with the speed calcs?

Let's go through them.

This glances past the nature of the Body Replacement Technique and interprets it as pure speed. Basically the technique 'just works' and there is no consensus among Naruto fans on whether it is a type of teleportation or a temporary speed boost. To understand what I mean when I say that the technique 'just works', lets look at this example:

0374-014.png

So how do we interpret this feat? It'll be pretty hard to argue that this is the Animal Path's normal speed, so let's say it is a speed boost. So the Animal Path gave himself a speed boost that allows him to move FTE against Jiraya, freed himself, retrieved a log, placed the log in his old position, and then bailed out. All without Jiraya noticing.
If we are going with the speed interpretation, this is a lot more impressive than Naruto's feat, so are there any plans to calc it?

An other perplexing showing comes from Sakura.

0054-005.png
0054-006.png
0054-007.png
0054-008.png

So apparently the supposed speed boost is enough to make Sakura move FTE for the Oto team (but instead of counter attacking she retrieves a log, places it on her old position, and then bails). And per Zaku's understanding of the technique, it also grants Sakura FTE movements mid-air after she has already jumped (i.e. either this is flight or teleportation).

So if we take the speed boost interpretation, this puts serious question on whether we can consider this Combat Speed.

Teleportation is a lot less convoluted explanation and probably the best one, but it is stated that space-time Ninjutsu are rare, and it would make Sasuke's Amenotejikara a lot less unique if every Genin can do a discount version.

The calc also conflicts with an other statement.

0052-019.png

It is later stated that the movement speed of Sakura and First Gate Lee while he is tired and weighted (and apparently the average Shinobi too, but this part is retcon-bait) are slower than sound. Sakura is supposedly comparable to base pre-Chunin exam Naruto.

The problem here is that Temari doesn't need to be this fast to do the feat.
At first glance Tayuya's Jutsu gives the impression that it is instantaneous (due to being Genjutsu'd you get paralyzed the instant you hear the sound). However this is not true as there is a shortish time window before the sound Jutsu works, enough for Temari to finish swinging the fan even after the sound went past her.

0208-013.png
0208-014.png

0214-014.png
0214-015.png

After Shikamaru started to fall under the Genjutsu, he still had time to throw a kunai. Shikamaru also states that there would be enough time to pin-point her hiding spot at edge of their hearing range from the sound of the flute, but not enough to attack her. He also states that it would be possible to fight her if they had sensory abilities like Neji and Kiba (if he is talking about prep, he could just bring ear-plugs).

We can argue that Temari swatting the sound before it reaches her is the most reasonable interpretation. But even if we grant this, this interpretation also needs to be supported by comparable feats rather than being something conclusive.

The issue is the type of explosion. As mentioned in the link included in the calculation page, explosives can be classified into high explosives like TNT and low explosives like gunpowder. Low explosives like gunpowder are far slower (around Subsonic+ to Supersonic).
Gunpowder (likely the historic inspiration for the Explosive Tags) is explicitly used by high level Shinobi as a tool.

0323-014.png
0323-015.png

0042-005.png

Explosive Tags fits the characteristics of low explosives better since shockwaves are not associated with them, so they are missing the main characteristic of detonations.

This makes the final result of the calc a very high-end when it would be more accurate to take a lower one.

> but instead of counter attacking she retrieves a log, places it on her old position, and then bails

That's why the substitution technique has never made much sense to me. Though it is the explanation we're given for it.

You have a point regarding the Gaara calc. If there is a better way of calcing that feat, I welcome it.

Substitution and transformation never made sense to begin with. They like you said "just works"
I highly doubt they can be calculated or rather should be calculated.

Naruto and Sasuke part 1 are blatantly MHS. I don't know why they are listed as High Hypersonic. Even Neji is MHS for scaling to Lee, and Naruto defeated Neji in the first match of the finals, meaning that he was able to keep up with Neji and bypass his reaction speed at the last moment (He attacked Neji from underground and neji wasn't able to dodge)

So basically, Neji scales to Lee, and Naruto simply scales to Neji and Sasuke also scales to Naruto. Lee, Sasuke, Naruto, Neji... All of them should be MHS.

Naruto and Sasuke part 1 are blatantly MHS. I don't know why they are listed as High Hypersonic. Even Neji is MHS for scaling to Lee, and Naruto defeated Neji in the first match of the finals, meaning that he was able to keep up with Neji and bypass his reaction speed at the last moment (He attacked Neji from underground and neji wasn't able to dodge)

So basically, Neji scales to Lee, and Naruto simply scales to Neji and Sasuke also scales to Naruto. Lee, Sasuke, Naruto, Neji... All of them should be MHS.

Naruto did not blitz Neji. He attacks him by surprise, from underground, after he had already been exhausted. You want to tell me that base Naruto is faster than Neji? Hell no.

He doesn't though. Why doesn't he scale to MHS for keeping up with Neji? At least with Kurama's chakra. He kept up with Neji but the latter is MHS whereas Naruto himself is Hypersonic.

Neji himself isn't Massively Hypersonic, only his reactions are.

Did Neji ever fight Lee using Gates? Was it is shown, stated, implied in any way in Part 1?

It was never shown or stated. But if I recall correctly it was implied when Guy stated that Rock Lee would use the Reverse Lotus or one of his other high Gate moves to defeated Neji - and Rock Lee considered Neji an adversary that he needed to overcome.

I can't recall the exact reasons but something along those lines was argued in order to scale Neji's reactions to Rock Lee's Gate speeds.

So why Naruto's reaction speed shouldn't be scaled to Neji's? Neji's combat speed should also scale to High Hypersonic, I dk why it is Hypersonic+

I am heavily against treating explosive tags as just some regular gunpowder. They show a power even greater than high explosives like TNT, so the speed of the explosion should be at least Mach 30 as it is now.

Kid Lee was saving Reverse Lotus (Gate 5 or 6) in order to take on Kid Neji, which would mean that Gate 1-4 Kid Lee is something that he wouldn’t be able to beat Neji but anything higher up surpasses Kid Neji

Back