• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Forums Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryukama

Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Introductio

Hello. As many of you probably know, the calculation links to NarutoForums are posing a visibility issue at present. To that end, a site-wide revision project is being initiated to rectify it.

Keep in mind that while this project seems quite large, it is actually quite small, and easy. It is essentially a simple link replacement, and hence I am quite confident that if we handle it in an organized manner, the staff can handle this quite easily.

I will be monitoring the progress of the project.

Details
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Kepekley23/Project_Narutoforums

^ At present, there are 530 links to NarutoForums (I've replaced 53 myself). There will be 9 teams of 2, each of which will handle 53 links.

Links 1-464 will be easy since those calcs already have Wayback Machine archives. All that people need to do is to copy that Wayback link and replace the NF link the profiles use with that one.

For the rest of those links, a NF account will be needed to copy those calcs into a blog post. Remember to give full 100% credit to the person who made that calc.

Teams

• Team 1: Links 54-106 (Ryukama) COMPLETED
  • Team 2: Links 107-159 (The Everlasting and Liger686) COMPLETED
  • Team 3: Links 160-212 (Reppuzan and Therefir) COMPLETED
  • Team 4: Links 213-265 (Promestein and Saikou) COMPLETED
  • Team 5: Links 266-318 (Celestial and Blanked) COMPLETED
  • Team 6: Links 319-371 (Dark649 and A6colute) COMPLETED
  • Team 7: Links 372-424 (Dragonmasterxyz and KinkiestSins) COMPLETED
  • Team 8 IMPORTANT: Links 425-477 (UMR and Kaltias) COMPLETED
  • Team 9 IMPORTANT: Links 478-530 (Matthew and Kepekley23) COMPLETED
^These teams have been assigned to make sure there is at least one member who can edit locked profiles for each team. Teams 8-9 are important since they have links that also need to be copied into blogs. If there is any issue with teams or work feel free to let me know

Also please inform me when your team is done with all their links

NOTE:

Each group has at least one staff member that can access locked profiles (Administrators and Content Moderators). For the members that can not, please make sure to write down the numbers of all the links that had locked profiles and to ask your partner in this project to handle them instead.

@Matthew 53 links that you and Kep can split amongst each other. Those are the links that need to be copied to blogs so they're the most important ones.

@J-Man all the calcs have already been assigned to other people. If someone can't do their job then I'll assign you to it.

No, already had the calcs bookmarked, hence why I called them. Planned on doing it like a week ago, put off for now though .

Edut: ah, Unfortunate .

@Ryukama

Thank you very much for helping out and organising this. It is probably best if somebody informs all of the people who have volunteered for the project via their message walls.

@Matthew

Well, you first have to copy the calculations and any images within them into blogs (while giving full credits to the original calcers), and then replace the related links within our character profiles.

If you finish early, it is of course appreciated if you are willing to help groups that encounter problems.

@J-Man I'm sorry but we need the links to stay organized and numbered. Not to start doing things out of order. I greatly appreciate your offer and if there's anything else we need I'll let you know.

@Cal I'm fine for now. I might ask you about something later.

@Dragon Just copy those links I assigned you and replace the links on the profiles with those ones.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Okay, so I was kinda out of touch with the last thread. What is this "Wayback" stuff?
Wayback is site that saves a past page condition, since Narutoforum now allows users to subscribe in order to see them, we decided to replace the error links with these.

@J-Man It's no problem at all. Don't worry. Your kindness and willingness to help is hugely appreciated.

Take note that if there are several different links in a profile, you have to take care to only replace the right one. You can easily see this in the similar URL.

@Therefir

Ryukama has made sure that every group contains at least one staff member who can edit locked profiles. You have to note down all of the locked profiles you encounter in a list, and then ask that person to handle it.

@Matthew Very good. Could you do the same for the links I've assigned you and Kep?

@Ryu

I could do the same to other calcs from the same franchises. I notice that there plenty of Power Ranger Calcs, Dragon Ball calcs, Evangelion Calcs and Zelda Calcs.

I was previously told that some of the Narutoforums calcers have chosen to hide their calculations completely from public view.

If the group that is assigned to copy them into blogs here encounters such instances of calculations that cannot be copied, please note down all of them in a list, as we might have to redo them ourselves at a later date.

@Matthew

Please remember to replace all of the related character profile links afterwards as well.

I will say this, though: I am having relatives arriving home this evening so I won't be able to edit it for some hours.

@Matthew

No problem. We are not in that extreme of a hurry.

@Matthew

I fixed an important typo in the name of the category in your last post.

@Liger686

Please make sure to write down the numbers of all the links that had locked profiles and to ask your partner in this project to handle them.

@Ryukama

I added a note to your first post, in order to help avoid any further confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back