• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Calculation Discussion: Biju Dama Requiem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I watch that scene frame-by-frame a bunch of times now (that's why this took so long). There is a little bay there that starts mixing with the clouds as the planet turns, creating whiteish-blue pixels. That makes it really hard to tell where exactly the ocean ends, but I think I got it more or less correct now. If I had that one second of the full HD movie I could tell with more certainty. Anyway, using the pic KLOL send I then get the following:
tQdzdRE.png
green line = planet diameter = 616px = 12742 km
1 px = 20.6850649350649351 km
yellow line = 19 px = 393.0162337662337669 km

Honestly, I kinda don't like how a pixel more or less makes 21km difference. I think this distance is probably safe, though.
Shit shit shit that image is stretched because I used PrntScrn instead of the built-in screenshot of my video viewer, the actual resolution of the movie is 1920x1036 and not 1920x1080p. I'll upload the correct picture now. ****.

This one went unanswered for some reason
Somehow thought I answered that already. Problem is that said part of the country is covered by clouds making it impossible to accurately scale. We would have to guess where the borders are, which I would rather avoid.

IDK, that yellow line seems a bit too small for my taste and doesn't adequately go beyond the end of the clouds.
As said, the clouds and the ocean really blur together in that scene, making it seem like some of the ocean is cloud IMO. If you can give me that small bit of video footage of the planet turning I can track it frame by frame in max resolution to get it right for sure.

Somehow thought I answered that already. Problem is that said part of the country is covered by clouds making it impossible to accurately scale. We would have to guess where the borders are, which I would rather avoid.

As said, the clouds and the ocean really blur together in that scene, making it seem like some of the ocean is cloud IMO. If you can give me that small bit of video footage of the planet turning I can track it frame by frame in max resolution to get it right for sure.
Pretty sure it would get copystriked immediately or its quality would get butchered due to compression but I can give you the timeframe of the exact scene.

21m 48.688 seconds.

Also the yellow line for the country should reach near the water body at the top where the cloud meets the water (That is it's true length, if you go farther where the nation is more visible the clouds line up with the country's border), seems like your line doesn't reach that far.

I also noticed that your Earth shot is also stretched out like my previous PrintScreen screenshot, which makes me assume you used PrintScreen as well instead of using the video player's built-in screen capture which would give you screenshots in the original resolution of the movie itself.

Last edited:
Well, I can't find it in that high quality and don't feel like spending money on it, so let's just go with your scaling then.

Planet image:
Green line = 590px = 12742 km
Red line = 20px = 431.932203389830508km

Map image:
Red line = 96.6px = 431.932203389830508km
Grey line = 40.85px = 182.65 km

Well, I can't find it in that high quality and don't feel like spending money on it, so let's just go with your scaling then.

Planet image:
Green line = 590px = 12742 km
Red line = 20px = 431.932203389830508km

Map image:
Red line = 96.6px = 431.932203389830508km
Grey line = 40.85px = 182.65 km
Yeah uh, about that...

I sort of re-did the pixel-scaling again (Haven't uploaded it, doing it in a moment) but with paint.net this time (because MS Paint's lines are too thick and obscures the clouds, plus it was days ago), and I sorta get... well... higher results.

Last edited:
Anyway, this is my final correction on it (Hopefully)...

Earth (Green): 591px= 12742 km
Country (Yellow): 28px= 603.681895093 km

Map image:
Red line= 96.6px= 603.681895093 km
Grey line= 40.85px = 255.2837 km

sigh
Nah, that line now ends in the middle of the ocean, when it should end at the coast.

Y8grfRq.png
21.6px and that is a high end 🔫

sigh
Nah, that line now ends in the middle of the ocean, when it should end at the coast.

Y8grfRq.png
21.6px and that is a high end 🔫
Pretty sure the coast is where the clouds meet the ocean (Where I drew the 28px line myself), the clouds are seen lining up a few seconds back where the planet wasn't in full view but the country itself was. You know, in the shot that Jvando originally took where the planet wasn't in full view but the country itself was?

Last edited:

Lemme explain.

The first two shots I took are at 21m 43s

The second two shots I took are at 21m 45s

In both cases the clouds are seen moving to the jutting edge of the country marked in the yellow arrow. (Don't worry, it's the exact same spot we're using for measurements in the full-planet shot).

Not sure what you're trying to tell me there.
We are in agreement that where you point the yellow arrow is not where our line ends, right? That's further left in that bay.

Not sure what you're trying to tell me there.
We are in agreement that where you point the yellow arrow is not where our line ends, right? That's further left in that bay.
I'm saying that where I point with my yellow arrow, your line doesn't reach there fully (As in, your line doesn't reach the top fully where the clouds meet the ocean which is where the true end of the country is), but my line does.

Yeah, gotta disagree with that. Look what happens when one overlays your scaling with the same picture without the scaling and fiddles with the transparency a bit:
heihXxF.gif
Those pixels at the front are definitely over area below which is already deep blue ocean. The line must be by that part shorter, which mine is.

Yeah, gotta disagree with that. Look what happens when one overlays your scaling with the same picture without the scaling and fiddles with the transparency a bit:
heihXxF.gif
Those pixels at the front are definitely over area below which is already deep blue ocean. The line must be by that part shorter, which mine is.
Huh. Weird. Could have sworn that the area where your yellow line fades was green land, the ocean is much darker looking there compared to the land itself.

That's your yellow line, not mine.
I don't think it's land. At least it doesn't look like that to me. Honestly, if there is debate over whether that is land or not I would go for the low end.
(Unless you want to precisely track the development of the coast frame by frame and do some editing to show it. I would do it, but... I don't have the HD footage)

That's your yellow line, not mine.
I don't think it's land. At least it doesn't look like that to me. Honestly, if there is debate over whether that is land or not I would go for the low end.
(Unless you want to precisely track the development of the coast frame by frame and do some editing to show it. I would do it, but... I don't have the HD footage)
bruh

I mean, I got that yellow line by precisely going through the movie frame-by-frame to to see the cloud's end slowly merge with the coast as the planet rotates and stuff, even held my mouse pointer at that exact point to make sure I didn't screw lining things up.

Last edited:
I mean, I did the same and while my footage isn't as HD I got a different impression.
So idk, you gotta show your work somehow since the image alone doesn't show that being land.

I mean, I did the same and while my footage isn't as HD I got a different impression.
So idk, you gotta show your work somehow since the image alone doesn't show that being land.
Maybe it's because your footage isn't HD that you got a different impression.

Also it's 10 whole seconds of the planet being shown on the movie, it'd be a shit-ton of work to screen-shot every single frame precisely.

Maybe it's because your footage isn't HD that you got a different impression.
I go by your pictures on that, though. Unless you mean the frame by frame stuff, in which case, maybe? Maybe not? There's somewhat of a problem with claims that most people can't check.

Also it's 10 whole seconds of the planet being shown on the movie, it'd be a shit-ton of work to screen-shot every single frame precisely.
Not like you need every frame. Just enough to show you're correct. I did a calc with 28 slightly edited screenshots before just to upgrade a character from subsonic to supersonic lol

Although, @Damage3245, can you do a scaling on this? A third opinion would be really valuable here. If you end up having the impression the line should be as long as KLOL506 says we can lay this to rest and if not we can at least agree that the longer line needs more evidence before it can be accepted.

I go by your pictures on that, though. Unless you mean the frame by frame stuff, in which case, maybe? Maybe not? There's somewhat of a problem with claims that most people can't check.
Yeah I was referring to the frame-by-frame stuff.

Anyway, I re-did it again and made sure not to touch the water near the clouds where I drew the yellow line (If you zoom in closely you can see the bodies of water on top and on the bottom), and this time the country length came in at 4px shorter, at 24px.

Will post here later tonight.

EDIT: The cloud coverage is making it pretty difficult for me to get a good scaling. I may need to find a more HD copy than what I have access to.

Just eye-balling the scaling up above though, I think that DT makes sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back