• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Calculation Discussion: Biju Dama Requiem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something like that
Since we will be operating with angsizing here I wanna ask: Was that image cropped in editing or is the height/width of the upper half the same as in the movie?

Edit: Also I take it there is general agreement that this planet shot can in principle be used, right? No canon issues or anything, yes?

Since we will be operating with angsizing here I wanna ask: Was that image cropped in editing or is the height/width of the upper half the same as in the movie?
I couldn't find the movie in english, only in portuguese. So here is the exact moment of the pic.
Edit: Also I take it there is general agreement that this planet shot can in principle be used, right? No canon issues or anything, yes?
If it's more accurate than the map and the mountain, yeah.

The main problem with that shot is the the country borders are guessed since we dont actually see them. Made especially worse with the clouds covering a lot of the edges.

Trying to do the calc based on planet size right now.
Does somebody have a version of this map, without the colored lines on it?

unknown.png

Ok, so I'm too lazy to also find also the other scans to redo the calculation properly. I will leave that part to you supporters that know where to find them. I will just use the existing calculation for the results.

Ok, so first, the scaling from the planet:
E16ECYd.png
The red line is going from the coast of the ocean between the land of iron and land of hot water, to the coast of the ocean south-west of the land of frost. (I will later in the calc draw that in on the map if you don't know what I mean yet)
Now, you won't see that from looking at the image like that. To see that it is the case, watch the clip and focus on the described area when it is in focus. Then follow where it ends up as the planet rotates.

Now, why am I using this shot of the planet, if I can get a much clearer shot of the area if I'm scaling earlier? Two reasons.
  1. The camera is now very far away from the planet. Far enough that the planet curvature scaling stuff is negligible.​
  2. The country I'm scaling is now very close to the horizon. If I had scaled it when at the front I would have scaled the diameter of the planet/horizon, which is in the background, to the country, which was in the foreground. That would inflate the result. Now, however, they are close to each other, solving that problem.​
In total, what that means, is that by taking this shot I don't need to employ angsizing to get the desired result (and I spare myself a lot of complicated math). That is always good!

With that said, we can start the scaling.
Green line = Planet Diameter = 882px = 12742 km
Red line = coast to coast distance = 24px = 346.72 km

With that measurement, we can go to the map:
mcySlVt.jpg
So, the distance between the coasts we scaled is approx. the red line here.
Red line = 102 px = 346.72 km
Grey line = 45.5 px = 154.7 km

So, that is the same grey line as in the first pixel scaling step in this calc, so we can use the rest from there.

That would then result (if I didn't miss any scaling step not being linear) in the mountain height being 0.8526329393477099271053844 km and the radius being 1.593077334042611981785923 km.
The volume of the cone would then be 2.266 km^3 = 2.266e15 cm^3.
With vaporization (25700 J/cm^3) that would result in 5.82362e19 J.

And the second vaporization value would be similar execution become 2.51727204293358671381e22 J.

Someone should probably write down that calculation going properly through all steps to make sure I got that right.

Anyway, 852m tall mountain, instead of 609m tall one, is in the realm that makes sense.

Last edited:
A problem I have is why is the red line for sure the same spot on the map? why could you not have used that for the grey line which would be even close to the edge of the planet?

Last edited:
Ok, so I'm too lazy to also find also the other scans to redo the calculation properly. I will leave that part to you supporters that know where to find them. I will just use the existing calculation for the results.

Ok, so first, the scaling from the planet:
E16ECYd.png
The red line is going from the coast of the ocean between the land of iron and land of hot water, to the coast of the ocean south-west of the land of frost. (I will later in the calc draw that in on the map if you don't know what I mean yet)
Now, you won't see that from looking at the image like that. To see that it is the case, watch the clip and focus on the described area when it is in focus. Then follow where it ends up as the planet rotates.

Now, why am I using this shot of the planet, if I can get a much clearer shot of the area I'm scaling earlier? Two reasons.
  1. The camera is now very far away from the planet. Far enough that the planet curvature scaling stuff is negligible.​
  2. The country I'm scaling is now very close to the horizon. If I had scaled it when at the front I would have scaled the diameter of the planet/horizon, which is in the background, to the country, which was in the foreground. That would inflate the result. Now, however, they are close to each other, solving that problem.​
In total, what that means, is that by taking this shot I don't need to employ angsizing to get the desired result (and I spare myself a lot of complicated math). That is always good!

With that said, we can start the scaling.
Green line = Planet Diameter = 882px = 12742 km
Red line = coast to coast distance = 24px = 346.72 km

With that measurement, we can go to the map:
mcySlVt.jpg
So, the distance between the coasts we scaled is approx. the red line here.
Red line = 102 px = 346.72 km
Grey line = 45.5 px = 154.7 km

So, that is the same grey line as in the first pixel scaling step in this calc, so we can use the rest from there.

That would then result (if I didn't miss any scaling step not being linear) in the mountain height being 0.8526329393477099271053844 km and the radius being 1.593077334042611981785923 km.
The volume of the cone would then be 2.266 km^3 = 2.266e15 cm^3.
With vaporization (25700 J/cm^3) that would result in 5.82362e19 J.

And the second vaporization value would be similar execution become 2.51727204293358671381e22 J.

Someone should probably write down that calculation going properly through all steps to make sure I got that right.

Anyway, 852m tall mountain, instead of 609m tall one, is in the realm that makes sense.
Nice, I was about to send you that exact full planet shot from the movie but I don't know how to directly upload pictures to the new forum.

Also M3X forgot to calc the craters left behind by the BBs as well so that would have to be taken into account for the finished calc.

Nice, I was about to send you that exact full planet shot from the movie but I don't know how to directly upload pictures to the new forum.
You can't upload pics directly. Those pics are also just uploaded to imgur and then added in via the Insert Image tool

You can't upload pics directly. Those pics are also just uploaded to imgur and then added in via the Insert Image tool
I see.

BTW, I think you overshot the Earth line a bit into the atmosphere. I used an HD image from the movie itself and I got around 520-674 km distance.

Anyway, I decided to zoom in closer to the Earth by going back a bit to make the country more visible for measurement while still maintaining the full planet shot and here's what I got.

Earth (Green) is 743px. The country line (Red) is 35px.

12742/(743/35)= 600.229 km

I could get another shot where the Earth is farther and the country is near the horizon but then the result is around 572 km like in my earlier example. Do you want me to make another shot like it using the HD images?

I think it is best to use a shot with it closer to the edge yeah.
Okay, I can do that. Gimme a moment.

Done.

Earth (Green) is 565px (12742 km)

The country (Red) is 26px.

Wait, I did indeed make the line slightly too long, but not that much.

PPoWrbR.png

873px = green line = 12742km
red line = 24px = 350.2955326460481096km
Barely a difference.

I think your red line is longer than it should be. It's hard to tell, since it's also rather thick.

@DontTalkDT is it possible to use the planet shot that is closer to the pov to find the size of the country (grey line) and not the map?

Wait, I did indeed make the line slightly too long, but not that much.

PPoWrbR.png

873px = green line = 12742km
red line = 24px = 350.2955326460481096km
Barely a difference.

I think your red line is longer than it should be. It's hard to tell, since it's also rather thick.
Nah, it's only 2px longer than yours but it's in the same place as you. My Earth is around 565px for some reason, even though I am getting the screenshots from the original 1080p Blu-Ray. Not sure how you got that 882px size Earth and a 1800p res image.

OK, I re-did it again to make the scan look as similar to DontTalk's screenshot-taking position and I used an even thinner red line.

Earth (Green) is 622px. The Country (Red) is 22px.

Also, DT's scan seems to be a bit blurry despite being 1800p. And it has black bars for some reason. Most likely he took a low-quality shot. My shot has the clouds being considerably more crisp, even though I am using a crummy 1080p TV from like, 2010, albeit with a freakin' RTX 3090 and a 1080p OG blu-ray movie.

Nah, it's only 2px longer than yours but it's in the same place as you. My Earth is around 565px for some reason, even though I am getting the screenshots from the original 1080p Blu-Ray. Not sure how you got that 882px size Earth and a 1800p res image.
A screenshot... that's how I got the image.

But yeah, your line is only 2px longer, but your image has a lower resolution than mine. If your line were the same length as mine it should be only about (556/882)*24 = 15 or 16 px long.

The resolution should not make more than a few percent difference in any case.

A screenshot... that's how I got the image.

But yeah, your line is only 2px longer, but your image has a lower resolution than mine. If your line were the same length as mine it should be only about (556/882)*24 = 15 or 16 px long.

The resolution should not bake more than a few percent difference in any case.
Well your screenshot has the clouds considerably blurrier than mine for some reason. Did you take your screenshot from the original Blu-Ray or did you take it from some other source? Maybe your monitor is real high quality but the movie itself is possibly not (Since the actual movie is not supposed to have black bars on either the top or the bottom).

Last edited:
I have the movie downloaded on my computer if someone needs specific screenshots or videos

I have the movie downloaded on my computer if someone needs specific screenshots or videos
Is it the full Blu-Ray in 1080p? Those things can go well beyond 30-40 GB

Though anything within the 15-20GB mark will also suffice as at that point the difference between an encoded release and a true uncut Blu-Ray Remux is negligible.

Can you give me the full resolution pic of the earth without the lines on it in roughly the position of my pic? Then I can check for myself with resolution and everything.

Is it the full Blu-Ray in 1080p? Those things can go well beyond 30-40 GB

Though anything within the 15-20GB mark will also suffice as at that point the difference between an encoded release and a true uncut Blu-Ray Remux is negligible.
oof, nvm

Ok, so I watch that scene frame-by-frame a bunch of times now (that's why this took so long). There is a little bay there that starts mixing with the clouds as the planet turns, creating whiteish-blue pixels. That makes it really hard to tell where exactly the ocean ends, but I think I got it more or less correct now. If I had that one second of the full HD movie I could tell with more certainty. Anyway, using the pic KLOL send I then get the following:
tQdzdRE.png
green line = planet diameter = 616px = 12742 km
1 px = 20.6850649350649351 km
yellow line = 19 px = 393.0162337662337669 km

Honestly, I kinda don't like how a pixel more or less makes 21km difference. I think this distance is probably safe, though.

I think for the map your red line also over laps with the sea by quite a bit on both sides.

Though is the recalc done up there for the red or grey lines? because I always thought it best to do the calc for the grey line straight up since we see that shot too.

I think for the map your red line also over laps with the sea by quite a bit on both sides.

Though is the recalc done up there for the red or grey lines? because I always thought it best to do the calc for the grey line straight up since we see that shot too.
Yeah, I suppose the red line on the map could be a few pixels shorter.

We don't actually see where the grey line would be. That part of the land is covered by clouds, which is why I did it this way.

Red Line: 96.6px = 393.0162337662337669km

Grey Line: 40.85px = 166.197858689km

sSWtyqL.jpg

Anyway, using my calc now.

374.35px = 166.197858689km

7.71px = 3.51690816658km

Depth: 3.51690816658*0.18 = 0.63304346998

V = 1/6 * π * 0.63304346998 * (3 * 1.75845408329^2 + 0.63304346998^2) = 3.207621e+15cc

3.207621e+15*25700 = 8.243586e+19 Joules or 19.70 Gigatons

142px = 3.51690816658km

38px = 0.94114443894km

Volume: V = π * 1.75845408329^2 * 0.94114443894/3 = 3.0475228e+15cc

3.0475228e+15*25700 = 7.8321336e+19 Joules or 18.71 Gigatons

Total: 18.71+19.70 = 38.41 Gigatons.

Eh, this conflicts with the distance between Suna and Konoha.
You mean the one gotten by travel speed? Yeah, as said, the travel speed thing just doesn't work well.

Eh, this conflicts with the distance between Suna and Konoha.
This would be a proper objection if we actually had a stated distance between Suna and Konoha.

The current calculation is only an approximation, not an objective figure.

You mean the one gotten by travel speed? Yeah, as said, the travel speed thing just doesn't work well.
Heh, disagree with that. I prefer to rely on something we can actually consider as reliable than a shot of the planet where we needed one more step to scaling things. We are not calcing the country size but something, then to find the country. Doing that while we have proper ways to measure the country directly? Nah

Ok, so I watch that scene frame-by-frame a bunch of times now (that's why this took so long). There is a little bay there that starts mixing with the clouds as the planet turns, creating whiteish-blue pixels. That makes it really hard to tell where exactly the ocean ends, but I think I got it more or less correct now. If I had that one second of the full HD movie I could tell with more certainty. Anyway, using the pic KLOL send I then get the following:
tQdzdRE.png
green line = planet diameter = 616px = 12742 km
1 px = 20.6850649350649351 km
yellow line = 19 px = 393.0162337662337669 km

Honestly, I kinda don't like how a pixel more or less makes 21km difference. I think this distance is probably safe, though.
IDK, that yellow line seems a bit too small for my taste and doesn't adequately go beyond the end of the clouds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back