• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Calculation Discussion: Biju Dama Requiem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just barely been watching this thread however using Damage's Gyuki crater linked above, the destruction would have to be recalced using the method he used in the current calc as well. As for M3X's idea obviously I agree with it using the revised method KLOL calced. We still have the planet shot to tell us the the distance is indeed in the thousands of km regardless of result.
I only calc'd the distance between Suna and Konoha, I didn't do anything else.

Some people forgot to reply to this.
Did they run hundreds of kilometres throughout more than 3 days or were the ninjas in that war simply faster?
Same exact ninjas.
Can I see that feat?
There's 5 feats.
unknown.png

Green Line is Konoha to Suna.

Red Path.
They leave their battles immediately. We see them still running. They arrive.
Timeframe?
The sun rises prior to them leaving, it's dark, but the moon hasn't risen when they arrive.

Next
Cyan Path.
They leave the hideout running, later they end up walking the remaining distance starting from when the sun rose. They arrive when the sun is still up.

Itachi leaves after his battle. He arrives back to where he came from when it's dark. Moon hasn't risen yet.

Purple Path.
Taka leaves while the sun is up.
They arrive.
It's dark out but the moon hasn't risen yet.

Blue Path.
4 Kage Leave and Sasuke leaves with them. They were all using Body Flicker.

It's dark outside. Minato arrives 2 chapters later (so in like the span of less than an hour at best), and the other Kage arrive right after. Sasuke gets there right after them (same chapter, a few minutes after them).

Yellow Path.
Kabuto and Deidara travelled to turtle island.
They arrive the next chapter.
And where does it say they didn't sleep or eat during this journey?
For Itachi and Nagato, they don't require food, they didn't pack food, and they're dead too so they don't require sleep.
Nobody else packed food on their journeys above.

Edit: Kabuto relocated, so a few of those need to be rethought of.
Edit: Added Deidara and Kabuto flying.

Last edited:
Same exact ninjas.

There's 4 feats.
unknown.png

Red Path.
Timeframe?
The sun rises prior to them leaving, it's dark, but the moon hasn't risen when they arrive.

Next
Cyan Path.
They leave the hideout running, later they end up walking the remaining distance starting from when the sun rose. They arrive when the sun is still up.

Itachi leaves after his battle. He arrives back to where he came from when it's dark. Moon hasn't risen yet.

Purple Path.
They arrive.

Blue Path.

It's dark outside. Minato arrives 2 chapters later (so in like the span of less than an hour at best), and the other Kage arrive right after. Sasuke gets there right after them (same chapter, a few minutes after them).

For Itachi and Nagato, they don't require food, they didn't pack food, and they're dead too so they don't require sleep.
Holy **** your dedication is immense. This should help immensely. Thanks.

Same exact ninjas.

There's 5 feats.
unknown.png

Red Path.
Timeframe?

Next
Cyan Path.

Purple Path.
They arrive.

Blue Path.

Yellow Path.
Kabuto and Deidara travelled to turtle island.
They arrive the next chapter.

Edit: Kabuto relocated, so a few of those need to be rethought of.
Edit: Added Deidara and Kabuto flying.
That's quite interesting. I think I will look into those from a mathematical standpoint for a bit.
Two questions: Are you sure for all of those where they start at day and arrive at night (or similar) that it was only one day? I.e. not starting at the morning of one day and arriving on the night of another day?
Also, for things like the cyan and purple route, are you sure they didn't go in a straight line? Ninja can walk over water after all.

Two questions: Are you sure for all of those where they start at day and arrive at night (or similar) that it was only one day? I.e. not starting at the morning of one day and arriving on the night of another day?
Hmm, that's actually not possible.. since the war lasted only 2 days, and we always saw when it's night or morning.

Does this help?
  • Day One
    • Battle at Mountains' Graveyard
    • Battle of the Surprise Attack Divisions
    • Allied Force's Ambush
    • Battle in the Land of Frost
    • First Battle on the Land of Lightning's Coast
    • Battle in the Land of Hot Water
    • Second Battle on the Land of Lightning's Coast
    • The Battle for the Daimyō's Protection
  • Night One
  • Day Two
    • Skirmishes in the Land of Lightning
    • First Southern Battle in the Land of Lightning
    • Battle Against the Dōjutsu Duo
    • Second Southern Battle in the Land of Lightning
    • First Battle Against the Eye of the Moon Plan
    • Battle Against the Impure World Reincarnation Technique
  • Night Two
    • Battle Against the Ten-Tails
    • Second Battle Against the Eye of the Moon Plan
    • Battle Against the Infinite Tsukuyomi

I believe the Shinobi Alliance converged to Naruto, Bee, Kakashi, and Guy's location after they were done dealing with the leaving Edo Tensei (Basically sometime afterwards Itachi undid the Edo Tensei - Battle Against the Impure World Reincarnation Technique)

Two questions: Are you sure for all of those where they start at day and arrive at night (or similar) that it was only one day?
I.e. not starting at the morning of one day and arriving on the night of another day?
The second night is the end of the war, and everybody left their battles after the first night.
Also, for things like the cyan and purple route, are you sure they didn't go in a straight line? Ninja can walk over water after all.
It's showed their pathway through the ground and they showed the routes
7014135-3.png

7014137-4.png

I see. In that case we can make some estimates.

First, I have measured each line:
green line = 251 px
purple line = 256 px
blue line = 210 px
cyan line = 432 px
yellow line = 323 px
red line = 156px
Now, let's make some educated guesses for the timeframes. They don't need to be overly precise for what we are doing. Let's assume about 14 hours of daytime and 10 hours of night.
green = 3 days = 72 hours
red ≈ 14h
cyan ≈ 10h (maybe? For the way back in particular)
Purple ≈ 14h
Blue... not sure if I buy 2 chapter = 1hour by default. Let's also do 12h to be save.
Yellow ≈ 12h (again, I don't trust number of chapters as timeframe indicators) or 1h for high end.
So we get the following relative travel speed approximations:
Green = 3.486 px/h
Purple = 18.29 px/h
Cyan = 43.2 px/h
Blue = 210 px/h (high end), 17.5 px/h (low end)
Yellow = 323 px/h (high end), 27 px/h (low end)
Red = 11.14 px/h
So. Those are the relative speed they were going. Notice something?
The green Konoha to Suna speed appears to be a notable outlier. The next lowest speed, the red one, is over 3 times faster. In general, those travel speeds are somewhat all over the place.
There are three possible reasons for that.
a) The map is wrong (not to scale).
b) Ninja travel speed is inconsistent.
c) Some of those ninjas are simply faster than others.
Giving the series the benefit of the doubt we could say c) is the case. It certainly makes sense for Itachi or the Kage, all very high-level ninja, to travel much faster than most other ninja. Especially if they are undead and hence lack some of the usual stamina issues.
Deidara was flying, so we can excuse his feat as well.
Taka could also be excused by being high level (although I'm not sure how they compare to whoever the 3 day Konoha-Suna thing applies to)
However, is the ninja alliance of random fodder justified to be much faster than that? I'm not sure.
One could argue the ninja alliance troops only ran 60% of the distance and hence had to deal with less stamina issues. That would however in turn suggest that stamina plays a much bigger role than we considered to this point.

I see. In that case we can make some estimates.

First, I have measured each line:

Now, let's make some educated guesses for the timeframes. They don't need to be overly precise for what we are doing. Let's assume about 14 hours of daytime and 10 hours of night.

So we get the following relative travel speed approximations:

So. Those are the relative speed they were going. Notice something?
The green Konoha to Suna speed appears to be a notable outlier. The next lowest speed, the red one, is over 3 times faster. In general, those travel speeds are somewhat all over the place.
There are three possible reasons for that.
a) The map is wrong (not to scale).
b) Ninja travel speed is inconsistent.
c) Some of those ninjas are simply faster than others.
Giving the series the benefit of the doubt we could say c) is the case. It certainly makes sense for Itachi or the Kage, all very high-level ninja, to travel much faster than most other ninja. Especially if they are undead and hence lack some of the usual stamina issues.
Deidara was flying, so we can excuse his feat as well.
Taka could also be excused by being high level (although I'm not sure how they compare to whoever the 3 day Konoha-Suna thing applies to)
However, is the ninja alliance of random fodder justified to be much faster than that? I'm not sure.
One could argue the ninja alliance troops only ran 60% of the distance and hence had to deal with less stamina issues. That would however in turn suggest that stamina plays a much bigger role than we considered to this point.
The war is also much more important so they won’t just be running casually like they would for less important missions

The war is also much more important so they won’t just be running casually like they would for less important missions
Was the three days them running casually? I thought it was for them running in an emergency? If they were casually running then the speed estimate based on that is probably useless.
Keep in mind that the planet shot is consistent with the map.
If you wanna argue by the planet shot someone would need to fix that scaling first. The value of that is currently a little inflated.

Was the three days them running casually? I thought it was for them running in an emergency? If they were casually running then the speed estimate based on that is probably useless.
It's a generic calc for the 3 days statement. A calc can be made for an actual feat, since they arrived at Suna in less than 3 days.

BTW, if we fix the planet shot and use it, would it be better for the calc or not? I mean, I don't care about the results, really. I just want to calc the feat with that method being accurate as possible

If you wanna argue by the planet shot someone would need to fix that scaling first. The value of that is currently a little inflated.
Pretty sure it would still not be anywhere near the actual value because in the planet shot most of the country is covered by clouds making visibility next to impossible.

It's a generic calc for the 3 days statement. A calc can be made for an actual feat, since they arrived at Suna in less than 3 days.
Oh, I initially thought they ran full 3 days in Boruto or in the Gaara situation, I don't remember very well, I watched those arcs years ago. My apologies for the confusion then.

the emergency speed was actually faster since the time until Kankuro died was 3 days later and they still had a fair bit of time leftover to cure him

If I recall correctly, Kakashi and company made it to the Sand in two and a half days after they started hurrying?

Ok, so I would say the running speed based calc is out due to inconsistency in the running speed and stamina trouble.
Even if we were to use 2.5 days, that would be 251px in 60h or 4.2 px/h. Still way slower than all other travel feats.

So it would be planet shot or mountains, I think?

Again, clouds **** up the real distance. I saw the scan once more.
I there no version of the shot one could properly scale the country from? I mean it would still require a ton of angsizing to figure out the distance anyway, so I would still want to see if the result is realistic, but we could at least have a look at it if a proper shot exists.

I there no version of the shot one could properly scale the country from? I mean it would still require a ton of angsizing to figure out the distance anyway, so I would still want to see if the result is realistic, but we could at least have a look at it if a proper shot exists.
Jvando might know about it. He's the one that got the scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back