• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Resignation

Crabwhale

Wasteland Gravetender
VS Battles
Administrator
I dunno where exactly to put this at, but yeah. As the title makes pretty clear, I am resigning from my position of discussion mod, and leaving the wiki in general for...I don't know.

It's not anything any one user has done. It's not any bad thread or bad decision or whatever that's the reason. It's a vast multitude of things that have dragged on and on on my mental state until I find myself tonight, exhausted and at my wit's end.

I...like responsibility. It makes me feel validated, and important. I like undertaking tasks that are important because of that. I like seeing those tasks to the end, because I am stubborn to a fault. I like helping friends, because I want people to be happy. But in all of that I feel like I've been ignoring myself and some other, far more pressing matters in my life. And it has cost me dearly already.

So tonight, as I find myself tired to the bone (pun intended), I am making a conscious choice. I am not going to comment here. I am not going to edit here. I am going to be completely and totally inactive. I am done...for now.

I also don't want anyone contacting me, anywhere. Because although I'll probably be pretty good at shutting it all off, even seeing one of the wonderful people here might convince me to come back sooner than what I neeed.

On that note, let me stress enough that this has nothing to do with any of you. At all. People are what I'm going to miss the most. Individuals, friends that brighten my day and soul, and make laugh and cry and love like I've never done before in my life.

To them I say, this is not the end. I will be back. I can assure all of you of that. But right now...it's been wonderful meeting you all.

Goodbye, all of you.

Take care Crabwhale.

I just wanted to say you were incredibly helpful to the wiki, and I do look forward to you coming back. But I can understand your retirement as well as your desire to take a much needed break from the wiki. All I can say is, Godspeed.

Gonna miss you Skeletal Whale. You where such a cool dude and you managed to take care of JBW as well when I was no longer around. We only really got to know each other for a short while (while I meet you in 2018, we only really spoke now) and I can tell you are a cool person overall. I'm gonna miss ya a lot.

See you soon, Skeletal 40K Warhammer Nut.

Damn, this is a piece of good advice for me. I should really worry more about the real world instead of the Internet. I understand you Crab, and I wish you luck in the future. If we ever meet again, I'll be ready for then. But until then my bro, I grant you the rank of Master of the Autobots supreme commander.

Obviously shamed off the site by inferior arm reveals

I'm pretty terrible at writing these messages, so I hope you'll just take my word for it that it's got more than the token well wishing effort put into it. You're a good guy to talk to, whether it be about fiction or random exercises or whatever, and I hope whatever's going on gets better for you.

Damn... this was emotional to read. I'm glad that you're getting your priorities straight, though, and that you're taking the steps needed to figure things out in life for yourself.

I hope things go well for you, and I hope we'll see you again someday. :D

Shame. A real shame this is the way it had to be.

Not that I won't say this isn't the healthy thing to do, especially if this is how you feel about the situation. However, I've always considered you a very level-headed individual, and your role as Discussion Mod has always felt justified due to how you handle rather intense situations with very reasonable language and actions, whenever necessary.

Safe travels, you spoopy scary skeleton. Until we meet again.

Arrivederci JoJo

I never interacted with you at any point, but damn if someone leaving tugs at the heart strings.

Life comes first, and if life comes a knocking, you gotta let go of some things to answer the door. Goodluck with life, wish you all the best, and hopefully, the one knocking isn't just some newspaper dude or something.

So this means you'll not be in touch via discord either? I'm sad.

Anyway, I get it. Real life comes first and when you gotta focus on that, you REALLY gotta focus on that. It's good to know that you'll be back and I hope in this break you'll resolve everything IRL and be back soon.

You monster what about the Black Panther match?

I've came to know you comparitively recently through Discord and I am so disheartened by this turn of events, given how we used to joke alot together and you were genuinely one of the most caring people I've met on the wiki. It's a damn shame but the fact is that your real life is indeed more important than comparitively trivial wiki responsibilities, so I wish you the absolute best, grandad

Back