• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia's Hood - Vigilantes Additions

Hood, the "Hooded Man", had an appearance in My Hero Academia: Vigilantes as an antagonist in the Underground Masquerade Arc. Here, he fought The Ripper (Iwao Oguro), The Rapper (Kendo Rappa), and Tiger Bunny (Rumi Usagiyama), where he displayed a couple of new abilities. There is no new noteworthy scaling though.
Also:
I don't think that's right.

"Swiftly defeated both The Rapper and Tiger Bunny" should be added to Hood's speed justifications, since both of those characters scale to Iwao's Overclock through Kendo's Strongarm, and it would be more supporting evidence for his Hypersonic rating, on top of scaling to Enji and Keigo... who also scale to Overclock through Strongarm- gosh.

Unrelated, but Iwao's page name should be changed from "Knuckleduster" to "Iwao Oguro (Knuckleduster/O'clock)" to match the other Pro Heroes.

The ability additions are fine, and Type 0 just refers to the Hospital High Ends I believe, who were all the same size as Ryukyu.

Also, perfected Hood would naturally be far faster and stronger than Vigilantes Hood, so unless we note that he was comparable to Rappa's Strongarm while in an inferior state, further justification wouldn't be necessary.

I'm realizing at this point we don't even know what Hood's original quirk was since O'clock notes that the long-arm quirk doesn't go with his martial arts style and if it had been his original quirk, his quirk and martial arts would have been in sync.

Also, I think Hood started off the fight as normal size as he was in a hoodie and blending in the crowd just fine but as the fight went on, he hot bigger and bigger but I guess this is part of body control.

Large Size (Type 0 starts at 5 m and I've only been able to measure Hood's height at around 4 m, so removing it should be fine)

Hood never showcased any martial arts during his fight with Endeavor, it's likely all of those movements were forgotten or removed from his body. His so called skill was actually a hindrance since his style of combat didn't work with his Quirks. I'm not fully sure on this, not disagreeing completely, just doesn't feel right.

Edit: The name change for KD is fine. I guess a small mention in Hood's speed section would be alright, as long as it mentions he was a lot slower during that fight.

Last edited:
His so called skill was actually a hindrance since his style of combat didn't work with his Quirks.
It's the other way around. Hood was an experienced cage fighter before becoming a Nomu, and All For One considered his martial arts skills to be sufficient enough to take on Iwao, Kendo, and Rumi. However, his shapeshifting Quirk screwed him over, bulking him up to the point that his moves became sluggish and unbalanced.

You didn't debunk me, that's what I said.

His skill became a hindrance due to it not working with his given Quirks. I never mentioned AFO, who didn't even know Iwao and Rumi would be there. Hood was there to just case general chaos, I don't get your point here.

Considering how it messed him up during this fight, it's possible those skills were removed or he was able adjusted to his new body when he became a High-End.

I dont think skill can literally be removed, it wasn't added in the first place. It's just his martial skills that he had when he was still alive.

As long as some of his memories remain, like all High-ends, he will still have his skill.

He just fought in a completely different manner in his fight with Endeavor. Their fight was mostly mid-air using mid-range techniques instead of CQC.

You could say he simply learned to use a fighting style suitable to the opponent. Endeavor is a mid-range fighter while Mirko, O'clock and Rappa are close range fighters.

Edit: Never mind.

Skill Hand-to-Hand Combatant should be fine.

Last edited:
Sorry for bumping an old thread but... Large Size 0 now starts at 2.72 meters and is no longer 5 meters.

Type 0 (Supersize): Characters far larger than an ordinary human. These are "giants", if you will. The size for this level begins at 2.72 meters tall, based on the tallest known human in history.

Hood should Type 0, he's easily in that height range.

Even assuming that the Doctor is around Mineta's height, this still puts Hood at 3.66 meters which is still Type 0. Even compared to Endeavor, when his body is all charred up. He's clearly meant to be massive in comparison.

Yeah Large Size should be fine now.

Rappa might be tall enough to qualify as well, I'm getting 2.40 meters results even when he is crouched.

Last edited:
Back