• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia: Twin Impact Scaling

Most of your argument hinges on the belief that “they grew this strong over an arc, why aren’t they growing this strong all the time,” which is not feasible.

Lets start with the crux of your argument: they are all wall level, so they cannot ever grow to building level.

This is asinine, arrogant bias, developed from your own perception. You have the audacity to claim growths in strength like that aren’t possible, when we have characters that literally do that in the manga by wiki standards?

This is fiction. A shonen manga. You fully believe that power gaps are going to stay consistent no matter what? That growth is linear in all cases? Are you joking? Have you looked at the profiles of the students? How many examples of growth similar to this are present across the wiki? Heck, in the MHA section alone? Is MHA some kind of special verse that states that a tier change, BY WIKI STANDARDS, NOT IN CANON, are impossible for any character not named Deku?

You are biased. Plain and simple. Deku can experience rapid growth from an average, non powered person to becoming wall level+ over 10 months. Then, he uses 5%, and becomes 4000x stronger. Gran Torino in his prime was literally beating the shit out of All Might, but has no strength quirk. Lady Nagant trained and is now Low 7-B with a sniper rifle. Best Jeanist is taking attacks that one tap Mount Lady. Sato went from 9-B to High 8-C. Aoyama became High 8-C. The narrative you’re trying to push is faulty.

But clearly, you’re just going to argue that point till the day you die, so let’s move on to another point:

THE VICTORY BOTS

This is the real meat of your beliefs, yes? That the victory bots are the definitive, end all of the scaling chain? That no student is beyond the victory bots? Let’s break this down.

First off: the victory bots performed a casual wall level feat. That is it. That is the scaling the students have. A casual, wall level feat where a victory bot broke through a wall with ease, then proceeded to get one shot by Aoyama. This is what you claim is the students limit? How’s about I introduce another alternative to your narrow viewpoint:

The students were never just 9-B to begin with.

Now I know you’re prideful and in love with your own beliefs, but step out of your world for a second and let’s look at the facts that surround the scaling of this 9-B feat: it is inconsistent as all Tartarus.

You DARE to claim that Monoma can’t experience 4000x growths in strength, when that strength growth is present on the wiki RIGHT NOW.

Every student is over 4000x weaker than 5%, Iida, Bakugo, Todoroki’s durability, Ojiro, Kirishima, etc. So every student should be getting one shot by any of those students

Monoma, a non physical fighter that uses others quirks, can injure Deku with a swipe to his face when his power is multiplied several times over.

Sato grew 4000x stronger

Aoyama grew 4000x stronger

Asui grew 4000x stronger

Tokoyami grew 4000x stronger

5% is a 4000x amp to base Deku

Bakugo, who beat Deku up every day as his bully, held back 4000x his strength even when he hated Deku and had no reason to

Bakugo during the training exams held back 4000x his strength when he hit Deku on the side with his gauntlet

Bakugo held back 4000x his strength when he punched Deku in the face before they fought All Might

Shall I keep going?

Essentially, here’s the problem I have with your beliefs in their entirety.

9-B is what is causing inconsistency, not 8-C or High 8-C feats, they have plenty of them. If the students were tier 8, we would not be having this discussion, but instead, you would rather accept sharp increases in strength for specific individuals due to your own bias rather than overhaul all the students to a consistent level.

The students becoming 9-B a while ago is what is causing this issue, not them having scaling that puts them at 8-C. The 9-B scaling, which is dependent on a CASUAL feat, and therefore isn’t even a limitation to their strength, is causing far more inconsistencies than it solves.

Inconsistencies with 9-B scaling:

Sharp, 4000x jumps of strength for specific characters out of no where despite them not becoming noticeably stronger. Most egregiously is Bakugo becoming this outlier top tier that can one shot nearly every character in his class with a punch because he’s 4000x them in strength.

The 9-B feat in question was performed casually by a victory bot, and most students are shown capable of one shotting them

Direct, in-verse multipliers put Students at 8-C to High 8-C by our calculations for other students that did NOT do their feats casually

Inconsistencies with 8-C to High 8-C

Some of the students don’t have concrete reasoning to scale other than likely being comparable to each other. That’s it.

Essentially:

Your argument from incredulity is ridiculous.

You claim it is impossible for Monoma to grow that strong, yet blatantly ignore other characters that do exactly that.

You claim that 9-B is the limitation, despite the basis for 9-B being an exceedingly causal feat.

You believe characters can do things 4000x above other characters, including holding back their strength, but dismiss the belief that those other characters can grow to match them.

This is bias, pure and simple.
I'll take a walk through these points. Just give me a few minutes.

I'll take a walk through these points. Just give me a few minutes.
I’ll sum them up:

4000x amp is happening literally right now on the wiki, your argument is absolutely ridiculous and unfounded to claim that it breaks scaling.

The students being limited to 9-B due to a casual feat from a victory bot is what is causing scaling inconsistencies, not them having actual feats that make them comparable to other students.

You are being biased.

That’s about it, though I do encourage reading the whole post.

I don't care if the students are 4K times stronger but Twin Impact should not be the justification.

I've always had a problem with circular scaling. Where are these feats of students in their base forms performing these feats. Will this become another Mirio and the wall Overhaul arc scenario?

We ignore feats (Base Deku and 5% taking hits from Gran Torino in the same panel and injuring Todoroki with a headbutt), we ignore statements (5% is a small increase in power) and we ignore the narrative (Bakugo and every other student at the Sports Festival weren't holding back as Aizawa stated, and have no reason to do so. Dark Shadow being an actual threat to Bakugo) just to push this scaling of the students being thousands of times weaker between each other, and that the stronger students are somehow holding back thousands of times every fight.

This reminds me of how Deku was going to use an air blast against Monoma, which according to our scaling would have obliterated him. I guess Deku was really trying to kill his fellow student.

Last edited:
The main argument against this looks to be an argument of incredulity, based on the idea that it "doesn't make sense" for characters to get much stronger in that time period. I don't think this is a solid enough argument, especially when we're dealing with shonen manga, which is riddled with examples of getting much stronger over some time. It's not an outlier either. Going by the definition of an outlier, it isn't one, and "too strong" =/= "outlier."

Yeah, I still agree with the proposed revisions.

Please let's not derail, that question has nothing to do with the Monoma scaling or Twin Impact.

Can we all stay on target here?

She did overpower him, he even grunted in pain when she slammed him into the ground. He was unable to escape from her grasp, and she could easily knock away his Poltergiest. Monoma at no point could've escape Uraraka's grasp.
That translates into lifting and skill, not how hard she can punch. A struggle between the two is never shown where he's unable to escape her grip due to her strength, what she did there was a normal judo based toss. Judo being the same discipline where you utilize movement and the center of your opponents gravity to toss them, throwing someone and slamming them down doesn't speak volumes to ones strength as doing so is relatively easy to achieve.

Gunhead Martial arts literally revolves around throws and submissions, both of which utilize lifting strength and skill not striking strength. Throwing and joint locks aren't relative to attack potency / SS.

Uraraka was able to restrain and visibly injure Monoma while doing so, it's ridiculous to think that a fairly simple martial art would allow you to restrain someone thousands of times stronger, especially when the slightest movement from this person would shatter your body into oblivion, regardless of their lifting strength.

That translates into lifting and skill, not how hard she can punch. A struggle between the two is never shown where he's unable to escape her grip due to her strength, what she did there was a normal judo based toss. Judo being the same discipline where you utilize movement and the center of your opponents gravity to toss them, throwing someone and slamming them down doesn't speak volumes to ones strength as doing so is relatively easy to achieve.

Gunhead Martial arts literally revolves around throws and submissions, both of which utilize lifting strength and skill not striking strength. Throwing and joint locks aren't relative to attack potency / SS.
That's not how strength works. I know people love splitting lifting and striking here for some reason but you cannot have a striking strength literally thousands of times what you can lift. Especially for base MHA characters since their strength isn't coming from some kind of energy just muscles.

Like lifting vs striking is understandable once quirks or powers come into play like dragon ball cause the energy powers work differently when used to strike e.g. just coating your fists with energy to increase damage (One Piece Haki), but if we are talking base stats, that means no power system, just raw human biology.

Regardless of whether there is this huge difference between the students or not, there should be no problem in applying this revision at least. Large jumps in power were never an argument against an upgrade of this kind.

I'm against adding stuff that downright reduces credibility of MHA scaling. I don't want this to be another Bleach scenario.

If there aren't direct strength feats for characters in base then it's better to leave them as they are till they have feats of actually lifting or striking something without using their quirks instead of using dubious logic to mess up the verse scaling.

I'm against adding stuff that downright reduces credibility of MHA scaling. I don't want this to be another Bleach scenario.

If there aren't direct strength feats for characters in base then it's better to leave them as they are till they have feats of actually lifting or striking something without using their quirks instead of using dubious logic to mess up the verse scaling.
Do you agree that 5% Deku is several thousand times stronger than his base.

Monoma injuring 8% Deku with Twin Impact is a valid feat of strength, we are using basic scaling they don't necessarily have to destroy buildings with every punch.

And the verse scaling was already ruined when people applied the revision that made the students thousands of times weaker between each other, TheRusty's revision is just working with what we have.

Last edited:
Do you agree that 5% Deku is several thousand times stronger than his base.
I've not even followed how 5% is scaled but I will ask, Is 5% scaling off his actual feats performed with 5%? Is his base scaled of actual feats performed in base? I have no problem as long the scaling is off the right thing.

The reason I'm against using Twin Impact for this scaling is that it isn't even off Monoma's actual physical strength.

People just looked up the meaning of "several times" on Google
then used an estimate to calculate what they think Monoma's physical strength would be.

They didn't actually see Monoma hit or punch with that level of strength. It's roundabout scaling.

All I'm saying is that the best way to scale base form is for example using Deku's feats in the sports festival or in his training with All Might before getting OFA. Or whenever he has taken hits or performed actions in base.

Over at Vigilantes we can use Aizawa and Knuckleduster or in MHA main manga, we can use feats of characters like Stain, Toga, Spinner, Magne (no magnetism), etc.

Take their direct actions where no quirk comes into play to calculate base strengths.

This Twin Impact scaling is for Twin Impact then going in a roundabout way to calculate base Monoma's power then using that to affect the whole verse.

Characters like Stain are already back in the manga and we will probably see them fight again. Will we say hey got 4000 times stronger too in jail. Or people will start claiming base Monoma > Stain and do dubious stuff like the High-end scaling on here that tried to equalize unequal characters.

Monoma injuring 8% Deku with Twin Impact is a valid feat of strength, we are using basic scaling they don't necessarily have to destroy buildings with every punch.

And the verse scaling was already ruined when people applied the revision that made the students thousands of times weaker between each other, TheRusty's revision is just working with what we have.

My reasoning on Twin Impact is above. I don't find it legitimate at all since it's not an actual feats performed in base.

It's being scaled off twin Impact and what people think several means, in English at that.

Any feats calculating base strength off a character who used a quirk are extremely iffy. Just use feats performed in base to calculate the base strength of these characters. This circular scaling stuff is what inflates stuff to the nth degree and ruins any illusion of actual credibility.

I've not even followed how 5% is scaled but I will ask, Is 5% scaling off his actual feats performed with 5%? Is his base scaled of actual feats performed in base? I have no problem as long the scaling is off the right thing.

The reason I'm against using Twin Impact for this scaling is that it isn't even off Monoma's actual physical strength.

People just looked up the meaning of "several times" on Google
then used an estimate to calculate what they think Monoma's physical strength would be.

They didn't actually see Monoma hit or punch with that level of strength. It's roundabout scaling.

All I'm saying is that the best way to scale base form is for example using Deku's feats in the sports festival or in his training with All Might before getting OFA. Or whenever he has taken hits or performed actions in base.

Over at Vigilantes we can use Aizawa and Knuckleduster or in MHA main manga, we can use feats of characters like Stain, Toga, Spinner, Magne (no magnetism), etc.

Take their direct actions where no quirk comes into play to calculate base strengths.

This Twin Impact scaling is for Twin Impact then going in a roundabout way to calculate base Monoma's power then using that to affect the whole verse.

Characters like Stain are already back in the manga and we will probably see them fight again. Will we say hey got 4000 times stronger too in jail. Or people will start claiming base Monoma > Stain and do dubious stuff like the High-end scaling on here that tried to equalize unequal characters.

My reasoning on Twin Impact is above. I don't find it legitimate at all since it's not an actual feats performed in base.

It's being scaled off twin Impact and what people think several means, in English at that.

Any feats calculating base strength off a character who used a quirk are extremely iffy. Just use feats performed in base to calculate the base strength of these characters. This circular scaling stuff is what inflates stuff to the nth degree and ruins any illusion of actual credibility.
So you don’t care if there are incredibly high spikes in power seemingly out of no where, you only care that a character did it. You claim that it’s fine to use for characters that do the feat, but attempting to scale others is wrong? Because it inflates the verse? As if the feats themselves aren’t what’s inflating it?

Twin Impact increases the initial force of any form of contact by several times. Monoma can harm 8% Deku with Twin Impact. So he is several times weaker than 8% Deku. He did a feat with a stat amp, with a stated multiplier, so we can find his strength by taking away the multiplier. Where is “roundabout” coming from? Where is the logical disconnect? Is there something I’m missing here? Are stated multipliers now not usable? Are you claiming that if I punch someone and do no damage, then grow 4x stronger and hurt them, that you cannot guess my base strength because that would be inflating my base? If we have a feat and a stated multiplier, there is zero reasons we should not be able to use both to find the base state without the multiplier.

Is there some sort of problem with using the dictionary definition of several? Are you claiming it is more logical for “several” to mean “thousands of times” rather than “more than 2 but less than 12”? Do you have a better definition of “several” we can use since it was just “googled”?

What credibility is harmed from using a stated multiplier. You’re acting like because it is “a quirk” that it is impossible to scale people to it, which is ridiculous because we scale people to physical based quirks right now. That’s like claiming we shouldn’t scale anyone to Deku because he is using a quirk and therefore they cannot do what he is doing.

It should be fine to apply this upgrade. My response is taking way too long because I have to do several blogposts containing calculations. I also have a CRT planned for the Top Tiers.

Either way, I'll address this at a later date.

If Kendo scales to this, then JTA Yaoyorozu’s durability would also scale since it scales to Kendo’s AP.

I upgraded the durability of her tungsten shields, but I'm not sure about her normal durability, as she was defeated in one hit.

I'd like to point out that Mineta was able to block an attack from Twin Impact with his Grape Buckler, which means he should have High 8-C dura with the buckler. Monoma's use of Twin Impact shouldn't be stronger than the original holder, unless he's superior to him in strength. Which I highly doubt, since Shoda is noted for being stronger than he looks and would have to train in order to get use out of Twin Impact.

And Momo probably would've been pulverized if she only had 9-A dura. If we're going to say she held back, I'd like to point out she wasn't expecting the shields when she first attacked. Momo made them on the spot, so she was about to hit her with that amount of force. So I don't believe she was holding back anymore than she did against her shields. In fact she only increased her hand size right at the moment of impact, in order to increase their power.

However Momo was knocked out, so I'd suggest being either Unknown or just 8-C for her normal dura. Since at the highest Kendo is around baseline High 8-C.

I think backscaling her dura to 8-C, while her shields are High 8-C would make more sense than making her Unknown.

Back