• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia - Scaling Revisions [Top Tier Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, explain author intent to me when he’s directly comparing High Ends and USJ Nomu to Shigaraki, and has the doctor give us the first direct explanation of Nomu Tiers, where he states High Ends are stronger

The fact that multiple heroes aren’t being speedblitzed and one shot by multiple High Ends proves the opposite. Burnin’, Native, Mirio, Bakugo. They’re all comparable to these High Ends. None of these characters are comparable to All Might at his weakest. The story makes this abundantly clear.

USJ Nomu was spec’d into being Anti-All Might with sheer strength, regen and shock absorption at the cost of having zero intelligence.

High Ends are spec’d into being intelligent Nomus with very good quirks and can act independently with zero orders.
NHE’s aren’t Hospital High Ends, they can’t even stabilize properly. Mirko could avoid Hospital High Ends and land hits on them because they weren’t stabilized, when they were, she couldn’t. The Near High Ends are literally only good strength wise, they are inferior in all other areas. And they still stomped the heroes out when they had overwhelmingly more numbers.

Yes, and the High Ends are stronger than USJ Nomu by the doctors own statement. He was only designed to beat All Might due to his quirk combination and strength, with his strength being replicated for the High Ends. How does that make anything inconsistent.

They are “spec’d” to be more intelligent, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be strong. The only person whose thought process he was concerned with keeping consistent was Shigaraki’s, which is why he didn’t go overboard with his strength enhancements. The Hospital High Ends and Near High Ends do not have that limitation stated for them.

Also, explain author intent to me when he’s directly comparing High Ends and USJ Nomu to Shigaraki, and has the doctor give us the first direct explanation of Nomu Tiers, where he states High Ends are stronger
I already said it in my previous super-long post. There is only a single image putting USJ Nomu below High-ends where he isn't even mentioned by name just his image. I also stated 3 instances that put him above High-ends.

I have to ask, do you think Shigaraki is weaker than High-ends? Cause Shigaraki is directly compared with USJ Nomu when he gets called a perfected Nomu with even Aizawa who just a few minutes prior flashing back to USJ Nomu not the High-ends, This is author intent.

I already said it in my previous super-long post. There is only a single image putting USJ Nomu below High-ends where he isn't even mentioned by name just his image. I also stated 3 instances that put him above High-ends.

I have to ask, do you think Shigaraki is weaker than High-ends? Cause Shigaraki is directly compared with USJ Nomu when he gets called a perfected Nomu with even Aizawa who just a few minutes prior flashing back to USJ Nomu not the High-ends, This is author intent.
Aizawa flashes back to a High End on that exact same page, the panel right before the USJ Nomu. The panel of his leg getting grabbed is a High End not using any quirk. He’s comparing Shigaraki to both.

AoE fallacy. You don’t have to replicate this feat to be able to harm or take hits from All Might. There’s a difference between destructive capability and Attack Potency for a reason.

My post has nothing to do with AOE, I'm just reiterating Endeavor's scale for what constitutes All Might tier. This is what I mean by author intent.

My post has nothing to do with AOE, I'm just reiterating Endeavor's scale for what constitutes All Might tier. This is what I mean by author intent.
But you’re doing that by comparing them to an AoE feat from All Might. Which is AoE fallacy.

Straight from the Attack Potency page on the Wiki:

“An alternative term for Destructive Capacity which has more direct meaning: The Destructive Capacity that an attack is equivalent to. A character with a certain degree of attack potency does not necessarily need to cause destructive feats on that level, but can cause damage to characters that can withstand such forces. As such it isn't proof of a low attack potency, if a character's attacks only cause a small amount of destruction.

We are aware that this technically violates the principle of conservation of energy, as it should logically disperse upon impact, but fiction generally tends to ignore this fact, so we overlook it as well.

Also, kindly remember that Attack Potency is the measure of Destructive Capacity of an attack, and as such, is measured via its energy damage equivalent. Hence, characters that destroy mountains or islands are not automatically mountain or island level, especially if they are small. The attack potency depends on the energy output of a single attack, not the area of effect of the attack.”

But you’re doing that by comparing them to an AoE feat from All Might. Which is AoE fallacy.
The air pressure is what Endeavor uses to put Shiggy in All Might tier. Sure the destruction in that gif looks nice but my point was that even Hood was not making air pressure shockwaves like Shigaraki and All Might despite having the highest number of strength enhancers out of all the shown Nomu so far. Hence despite Endeavor fighting both him and Shiggy, one was put at All Might tier while the other wasn't.

Y
Straight from the Attack Potency page on the Wiki:

“An alternative term for Destructive Capacity which has more direct meaning: The Destructive Capacity that an attack is equivalent to. A character with a certain degree of attack potency does not necessarily need to cause destructive feats on that level, but can cause damage to characters that can withstand such forces. As such it isn't proof of a low attack potency, if a character's attacks only cause a small amount of destruction.

We are aware that this technically violates the principle of conservation of energy, as it should logically disperse upon impact, but fiction generally tends to ignore this fact, so we overlook it as well.

Also, kindly remember that Attack Potency is the measure of Destructive Capacity of an attack, and as such, is measured via its energy damage equivalent. Hence, characters that destroy mountains or islands are not automatically mountain or island level, especially if they are small. The attack potency depends on the energy output of a single attack, not the area of effect of the attack.”
You are obsessed with a point I didn't make. Look at what Endeavor said again.

The air pressure is what Endeavor uses to put Shiggy in All Might tier. Sure the destruction in that gif looks nice but my point was that even Hood was not making air pressure shockwaves like Shigaraki and All Might despite having the highest number of strength enhancers out of all the shown Nomu so far. Hence despite Endeavor fighting both him and Shiggy, one was put at All Might tier while the other wasn't.
They don’t need confirmation from Endeavor alone to be put at USJ Nomu’s tier when they are receiving that from two separate sources, Garaki and Aizawa. You’re acting like Endeavor is the only one that knows the destructive capabilities of All Might. Endeavor’s statement doesn’t hold more weight than either of theirs, so he doesn’t need to make one to validate their strength.

Y

You are obsessed with a point I didn't make. Look at what Endeavor said again.
You’re claiming that because All Might can do this and Endeavor uses the shockwaves as reference for his strength, that there can be no other character comparable to All Might unless they also can do this. Is that wrong?

You’re claiming that because All Might can do this and Endeavor uses the shockwaves as reference for his strength, that there can be no other character comparable to All Might unless they also can do this. Is that wrong?
I mean I've made it pretty clear numerous times that my view is All Might >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everyone else even post injury all the way to Kamino. It is only with this sites wonky scaling where everyone and their mother is suddenly getting raised to All Might tier including even the students.

I mean I've made it pretty clear numerous times that my view is All Might >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everyone else even post injury all the way to Kamino. It is only with this sites wonky scaling where everyone and their mother is suddenly getting raised to All Might tier including even the students.
It’s with your own view that you don’t see the limited amount of heroes that even scale to the High Ends right now. Your belief that AM at Kamino is >>>>> everyone is your own and it is founded on the faulty premise of destructive capacity/AoE and that Endeavor is the sole determinator of people at his strength.

You may hold on to that belief if you wish, but the wiki profiles aren’t changing without substantial reason.

It’s with your own view that you don’t see the limited amount of heroes that even scale to the High Ends right now. Your belief that AM at Kamino is >>>>> everyone is your own and it is founded on the faulty premise of destructive capacity/AoE and that Endeavor is the sole determinator of people at his strength.

You may hold on to that belief if you wish, but the wiki profiles aren’t changing without substantial reason.
Nah, this is one opinion I have that cannot be changed no matter what people claim here. I don't care about AOE or DC or whatever, it is clear that even Kamino All Might and AFO>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else. The only way people on here start having anyone even Endeavor despite what happened to him in that fight, to All Might level, is through wonky scaling.

And I'm not arguing for changing anything in the wiki anyway so I don't know why you told me the profiles aren't changing as if I'm asking for that.

I'd like to mention that maybe we should remove the plus sign on Mirko's dura rating.

She took one attack from Woman and looked like this. Woman question why she was able to move after taking that attack, Mirko said her legs canceled out the impact. Which implies she would've taken a lot more damage had she not done that, and since the High-Ends AP would be around 3.9 MT. (+ starts at 3.6 MT)

I think removing the plus sign would be reasonable.

Has anyone calced Deku catching the sniper rifle round in the latest chapter? Assuming the sniper round keeps its speed despite twisting and turning in the air, how good of a feat is it??

Iirc that was like hypersonic+-high hypersonic
It yields Hypersonic+-High Hypersonic mainly because the thought is that Deku is barely reacting thx to precog so he is moving before they’re fired.
And even then relatively the bullets are moving a km. Deku's arms are moving less than a meter to block and catch.

But higher percentages could end up straight up scaling to the bullets speed but we just to wait for confirmation from this fight since we can’t just assume
“Eh, 45% just blitzes them I guess”

Hmm. Deku isn’t really moving before they fire. You can see Nagant fire into the air when Deku leaps off the building after she says “You moved.” So that bullet was in the air for quite awhile, twisting and turning until it came around the corner.

Deku’s precog let him know the bullet was there, but by the time he saw it coming around the corner, the arm he used to catch it was completely outstretched in the opposite direction to swing with Blackwhip.

Hmm. Deku isn’t really moving before they fire. You can see Nagant fire into the air when Deku leaps off the building after she says “You moved.” So that bullet was in the air for quite awhile, twisting and turning until it came around the corner.

Deku’s precog let him know the bullet was there, but by the time he saw it coming around the corner, the arm he used to catch it was completely outstretched in the opposite direction to swing with Blackwhip.
Yeah I just realized upon quickly scanning through the chapter again

Although on the precog bit Deku also said
“Without the fourth’s quirk backing me up...
...I’d already be a goner”
After blocking the second shot
This implies without precog he wouldn’t be able to react properly or see them coming

So I actually don’t know how fast the bullets are supposed to be then if Deku’s reactions actually scale because that’s where the speed comes from

Either that or getting Speed from KE to have it yield Mach 92 but speed to ke isn’t allowed unless someone makes a revision on that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back