• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia - Scaling Revisions [Pro Hero Edition]

Damage3245

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
The purpose of this thread is to gradually revise the scaling justifications for the My Hero Academia verse, going through batches of characters until each individual profile is in as good a state as we can manage.

I want to start us off with sorting out of some of the Pro Hero characters, since they have the most easily identifiable flaws and fixes that can be put in place.

Here is a sandbox I've put together of the Attack Potency, Striking Strength and Durability of all the Pro Hero characters with the exception of All Might and Captain Celebrity.

Here are some of the issues/fixes I've jotted down so far but if any others come up, feel free to add them in this thread:

• Miss Joke, Power Loader, Present Mic, Cementos, Midnight, Mandalay, Snipe and Mount Lady currently recieve their scaling from Deku or students without good reason.
    • Miss Joke should be changed to '''Unknown'''.
    • Power Loader should be changed to '''Unknown'''.
    • Present Mic should be changed to scale above Kyoka Jiro since he casually overpowered her sound waves and called them an ‘itsy bitsy sound’.
    • Cementos should just have his ratings with his Quirk.
    • Midnight should be changed to '''Unknown'''.
    • Mandalay should be changed to '''Unknown'''.
      • By extension, Spinner should be changed '''Unknown'''.
    • Snipe should just be '''Large Building level''' with firearms for wounding Tomura.
    • Mount Lady should have her base statistics removed.
  • Sir Nighteye should not be City Block level with projectiles. There's no reason for it in linked profiles; the characters he is scaling to are Large Building level like him.
  • Vlad King is rated as being comparable to Eraser Head without a reason.
  • Fatgum should not scale to Unbreakable Kirishima in AP since he has no showings or statements to say so. Fatgum should should be changed '''Unknown'''..
  • Gang Orca shouldn’t be City Block level or Large Building level+. Inasa is featless and Shoto’s AP is heat based not force. Blocking 5% Deku isn’t a Large Building level+ feat.
  • Kamui Woods shouldn’t be City Block level since restraining characters is lifting strength. At best he should be Large Building level for pinning them.
  • Tiger should downscale to baseline Large Building level for harming 5% Izuku.

We will inevitably be discussing the students ratings and the villains ratings over the course of this revision, but I'd prefer the focus primarily be for the Pro Heroes.

Last edited:
I basically agree with most of this, unless someone can bring up some other scaling.

Vlad King might share a rating due to injuring a twice clone of Dabi which can take a hit from Erasure Head. Though I'm not 100% since Aizawa could've been holding back, as he wanted information from Dabi. I'm fine if Unknown is decided on still.

Spinner threaten Magne with his knife, considering she avoided it I'm certain she would've been stabbed. So could he downscale from Magne?

It was agreed that doesn't scale to anyone, as we don't know if Power Loader made those holes in one shot.
Oh? I see. Although Snipe's guns shouldn't be High 8-C. Bullets themselves don't pack that much of a punch but they're sharp enough to puncture durable objects. They should probably be 9-B+ or baseline 9-A at best for harming a High 8-C though.

Spinner threaten Magne with his knife, considering she avoided it I'm certain she would've been stabbed. So could he downscale from Magne?

It seems fairly instinctive to want to avoid a knife being thrown at your face.

Magne's scaling, I have some questions for, but I'd prefer to save that for the villain section.

Is there even a point to keeping any of the profiles if they’re just going to become a bunch of Unknowns?

Twice clones are less durable than the original, and Rappa was suppose to be downgraded back to High 8-C+ anyway.

So far, it looks like everyone is agreeing with the CRT so far. Let's wait until a few more people express their opinions before moving onto the students.

Fatgum also shouldn’t scale to Unbreakable AP wise. He has nothing that suggests it.

Gang Orca’s 8B is weird. Shouto’s Half Hot AP at the time is from his heat not any sort of force and Yoarashi doesn’t have AP feats afaik.

Also are we talking about all Pros in this revision or are we leaving the high tiers like Mirko or Endeavor for later?

From what I've seen, blowing out fire with force apparently scale to the heat of the flames? I don't know if that's true but if we don't scale Gang Orca to those flames then Chimera would have to be downgraded as well.

No High/Top/God Tiers period.

So far, it looks like everyone is agreeing with the CRT so far. Let's wait until a few more people express their opinions before moving onto the students.
I'm going to wait until tomorrow before making the changes to Pro Heroes.

Then I'll put together a new sandbox for students and list new issues/fixes then.

Agreed. They're too deeply affected by the current arc.

From what I've seen, blowing out fire with force apparently scale to the heat of the flames? I don't know how it works but if we don't scale Gang Orca to his flames then Chimera would have to be downgraded as well.

Chimera can be downgraded it isn’t as though it makes any inconsistencies. We mainly see him bully people with High 8C dura so he just upscales from that.

Got it

I don't see why Orca getting downgraded would change anything narrative wise that seems pretty clean cut but is there really any reason why he him blowing out Shoto's flames wouldn't put him at 8-B?

Okay that makes sense, I was just curious how that goes to scale with Orca.

Doesn't Present Mic scale from Kyoka Jiro or is it the other way around? I can recall one or the other cancelling out their sound waves and Mic should be holding back to an extent. So Voice should be comparable to whatever tier Earphone Jack would end up being.

The rest seems to all make sense.

Doesn't Present Mic scale from Kyoka Jiro or is it the other way around? I can recall one or the other cancelling out their sound waves and Mic should be holding back to an extent. So Voice should be comparable to whatever tier Earphone Jack would end up being.

The rest seems to all make sense.
That should be fine. He cancelled out hers and pretty much shrugged off her attack.

Obviously I completely agree with this

Personally I think Vlad should become Likely Large Building level but not for being comparable to Aizawa like Rusty Mentioned
Unknown is fine there also

Shoto’s flames at that point don’t pack much force at all. Furthermore his AP rating is from the heat of his flames in the SF.

Wasnt chimera scaling off of Shoto’s 8-A ice

Last edited:
After doing some research and I found something iffy about this calculation. To start with, it wasn't because of their clash that the building collapsed, it was Six blowing his arm up which destroyed some of the walls. He quite literally stated, "All I gotta do to make my escape is blow up these walls and you along with them." So we can't really say Knuckle Duster performed half of the feat.

Not only that, the building was already extremely weakened via Knuckle Dusters bombing of the roof. It's likely that with Six's arm imploding the building would've gone down easily due to it's already weakened structure.

Additionally, it is not known whether Knuckle Duster survived the explosion/building collapsing or not, since apparently, this was his last appearance. So it can't be argued that his durability scales to the explosion or even the collapse of the building. Six even stated in my quote above that he intended for the explosion to take him out.

I think this should be added to the thread. I'll look out for everyone's thoughts on whether this should be scaled to KD and anyone who upscales/downscales from him.

Referencing my comment above. If it is concluded that the calculation shouldn't scale to anyone, then Aizawa would be downgraded from High 8-C, along with Shigaraki. (Although Shigaraki in MVA should probably still be High 8-C due to him withstanding a 1% Stress Re Destro.)

Referencing my comment above. If it is concluded that the calculation shouldn't scale to anyone, then Aizawa would be downgraded from High 8-C, along with Shigaraki. (Although Shigaraki in MVA should probably still be High 8-C due to him withstanding a 1% Stress Re Destro.)
Iirc the chapter implies (although this isn’t solid) that Number 6 brought it down with one blast since Koichi heard one boom

@Jack It’s evidence (weird evidence) for Shoto’s AP I suppose.

That type of stuff is usually iffy given how it's non-force dependant mostly.
Yeah plus I’m sure if we tried calcing the KE of the Ice wall using Shoto’s ice speed it would probably only be 8-B or something which I don’t even think is inconsistent

Although as Insert Creative name said it’s likely just weird supporting evidence(I guess) for AP

Iirc the chapter implies (although this isn’t solid) that Number 6 brought it down with one blast since Koichi heard one boom

@Jack It’s evidence (weird evidence) for Shoto’s AP I suppose.
He probably brought it down in one shot, given the context of the fight. Either way, we'll have to arrange some downgrades.

Can somebody make a quick bullet-point list of the new issues for the Pro Hero characters only? I'll add it to the OP, then I'll update the ratings in the sandbox to match the fixes suggested on the thread and see if everyone is happy with them.

• Fatgum: Doesn’t scale to Unbreakable Kirishima in AP since he has no showings or statements to say so. Fatgum should probably be unknown
  • Present Mic should probably scale above Jirou since he casually overpowered her sound waves and called them an ‘itsy bitsy sound’
  • Gang Orca shouldn’t be 8B or High8C+. Inasa is featless and Shoto’s AP is heat based not force. Blocking 5% Deku isn’t a High8C+ feat.
  • Kamui Woods shouldn’t be 8B since restraining characters is lifting strength. At best he should be High 8C for pinning them.
  • Tiger should downscale to normal High 8C for harming 5%
This is what I have so far

Last edited:
Fatgum: That's fine, but are you saying he should lose his 8-B tier via his calc?

I don't think BoS Jiro will have a tier, she's going to be unknown correct? (We can save that for the student thread)

I think Kamui should scale to Magne, but if not then Aizawa has to be Downgraded as well.

5% Izuku is 4.7 Tons and Gang Orca could blocked his attack while wearing restraints and weakened by Todoroki's fire drying him out. Izuku also landed the kick with his Iron Soles, which means it held a double impact. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume Gang Orca would upscale to baseline High 8-C+, even if you disagree we should at the very least mention all of that on his profile.

Tiger being High 8-C is just fine.

Back