• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia - Number Six Speed Revision

Hey all, we’re back with another speed revision. This effects everyone that scales to Number Six.

Currently, we have Rappa scaling to the base possible usage of Overclock, a quirk from vigilantes which increases speed by 3-10x in normal situations.

A revision of the calc for Overclock has been done, and now those values have changed.

Essentially: everyone that was hypersonic is now hypersonic+. This mainly effects:

Rappa
Mirio
Nighteye
Overhaul
20% Deku
30% Deku
Final Act Bakugo
Final Act Shoto
Dabi
Joint Training Iida
Nejire
Gran Torino
Chimera

However, as also noted by the calc, the best Overclock can do in normal situations is 10x speed. As we saw previously, All For One is able to blitz Overclock. This was All For One fresh out of fighting All Might as well. Overclock was also operating as a hero on a mission, so there is no reason he should not have had his quirk active there, and unlike against Rappa, he would not be holding back. So who I propose should scale to the 10x portion of the Overclock calc would be:

AFO Shigaraki
Endeavor
Weakened AFO and AM
45% Deku
Wolfram with the Quirk Enhancer
Tubes broken Nine
Completed High Ends/USJ Nomu
Mirko
Crust

If there is anyone that I am missing in these scaling chains, or any glaring issues with my logic, feel free to discuss below.

Agreement: 5 (Nullflowerblush, Dalesean027, TheRustyOne, Jackof_noTrsdes068, Therefir)
Disagreement:
Neutral:

Last edited:
Overclock was also operating as a hero on a mission, so there is no reason he should not have had his quirk active there
No, see, that's the thing, Iwao cannot just have his ability active all the time, even during missions, nor does anybody use the ability that way. Because of Overclock's "brain drain" perpetuated by constant use, since the Quirk is incredibly taxing on the brain, Iwao and Number 6 have only used it briefly or in quick bursts.

Along with that, whenever Overclock is used, an electric aura appears around the user, an aura that was not present in this scene.

No, see, that's the thing, Iwao cannot just have his ability active all the time, even during missions, nor does anybody use the ability that way. Because of Overclock's "brain drain" perpetuated by constant use, since the Quirk is incredibly taxing on the brain, Iwao and Number 6 have only used it briefly or in quick bursts.

Along with that, whenever Overclock is used, an electric aura appears around the user, an aura that was not present in this scene.
Yeah, I was looking for it and I guess it just wasn’t on. So that portion of the revision doesn’t have any basis, I was simply cataloguing everything that might be effected. Those people have their own speed revision anyway.

How do you stand with the other half of the revision?

I agree with Nullflower, unless we get more of the "fight", I don't believe we should scale weakened AFO to O'Clock.

The Rappa scaling fine by me.

Base Nine should scale, since he can react to and block 20% Izuku's attack. Should Iida's Recipro Turbo scale, from the Joint Training Arc, since Izuku believe it was faster than Gran Torino? That would scale to Chimera, since he can block Recipro Turbo's kicks.

Also, why does Nejire scale to this?

I agree with Nullflower, unless we get more of the "fight", I don't believe we should scale weakened AFO to O'Clock.

The Rappa scaling fine by me.

Base Nine should scale, since he can react to and block 20% Izuku's attack. Should Iida's Recipro Turbo scale, from the Joint Training Arc, since Izuku believe it was faster than Gran Torino? That would scale to Chimera, since he can block Recipro Turbo's kicks.

Also, why does Nejire scale to this?
It should be Joint Training Iida yes, as that’s when Deku made that statement and he only got faster.

I was thinking Nejire scales to Mirio since she helped him deal with the Near High Ends? Or for being comparable to Shoto who is comparable to Deku and Bakugo?

I guess that should be fine, but only for her second key.

Edit: Koichi should scale to yeah, his speed was stated to be on par with Overclock in a recent chapter. And could react fast enough to block his punches with his own Quirk.

Last edited:
I guess that should be fine, but only for her second key.

Edit: Koichi should scale to yeah, his speed was stated to be on par with Overclock in a recent chapter. And could react fast enough to block his punches with his own Quirk.
Didn’t Koichi hit him while he was in an emergency situation? With the guns?

Actually I think I'll wait on bringing up any Vigilante character right now. Since I got my own thread for the verse planned in the future.

Yeah, Vigilantes definitely needs its own thread. I feel it’s been kinda neglected.

Which, given what has been happening in the main story, is fair.

This isn’t on point with the thread but Endeavor and Torino have keeping up with Shiggy as speed justification and Shiggy has outpacing them as his speed justification.

Endeavor and Shigaraki don’t need that on their profiles since they both scale to different Nomu or Shigaraki can be scaled to Deku and Bakugo.

Shiggy > 45% Deku > Torino > 30% Deku & Bakugo in terms of speed.

However Torino & Endeavor can still perceive Shiggy's speed so that's why they don't get blitzed.

Koichi = Overclock and remember Six's Overclock is superior to O'clock's version especially in the number of blows he can do with it for his "special move".

O'clock obviously has a huge stamina limit so the users isn't always using it and according to Six & Tsukauchi, one has to do a unique breathing exercise to build up oxygen before using it.

You know what’s funny I literally made this thread already and everything you said I literally said but nothing changed lol. Overclock being supersonic on his page makes absolute zero sense, it says without the use of his power he’s supersonic+ and with his quirk he’s hypersonic that’s it? How if it’s a 3 - 10x multiplier and then in emergency situations he gets dozens of times faster he’s def massively hypersonic and if that’s the case rappa scales to the x10 multiplier IMO. He had KD stuck where he couldn’t find any openings and if that’s the case it’s best to assure he was using the most of his quirk which is the x10

You know what’s funny I literally made this thread already and everything you said I literally said but nothing changed lol. Overclock being supersonic on his page makes absolute zero sense, it says without the use of his power he’s supersonic+ and with his quirk he’s hypersonic that’s it? How if it’s a 3 - 10x multiplier and then in emergency situations he gets dozens of times faster he’s def massively hypersonic and if that’s the case rappa scales to the x10 multiplier IMO. He had KD stuck where he couldn’t find any openings and if that’s the case it’s best to assure he was using the most of his quirk which is the x10
3x is the safer bet since he was absolutely holding back and was going to throw the match. Also he shows that he can be faster than Rappa later when he cuts up Hood who was faster than Rappa.

And yes, this revision is a nice thing to have.

3x is the safer bet since he was absolutely holding back and was going to throw the match. Also he shows that he can be faster than Rappa later when he cuts up Hood who was faster than Rappa.
And yes, this revision is a nice thing to have.
But I mean he was capable of contending with hood right after being punched away. So I don’t think it’s more of a he wasn’t going all out thing, with hood it’s not overboard to say he didn’t go all out on the multiplier since he was destroying everyone.

But I mean he was capable of contending with hood right after being punched away. So I don’t think it’s more of a he wasn’t going all out thing, with hood it’s not overboard to say he didn’t go all out on the multiplier since he was destroying everyone.
In terms of speed, Hood was definitely faster than Rappa, while Overclock was faster than him. Rappa only managed to get hits in when Hood was trying to grab Mirko and after he bulked up and started losing all his skill, which Overclock said made him easier to deal with. So I’d definitely say that he didn’t go all out with his quirk while in the ring, but did when fighting Hood.

I want to know one last thing. In the movie nine it says he has massively hypersonic+ attack speed twice why? I know the first reason is because he summons cloud to ground lightning what is the second reason. Another thing I noted is that in that movie it’s shown that since he went thru quirk evolution essentially he was able to use/wield and manipulate lightning thru his hands like how he used his lasers. He even put a aura of electricity around himself to increase speed why would that not make him massively hypersonic at the least?

Cloud to ground lightning is MHS+ in speed, that has no reason to scale to his other attacks and no one has ever reacted to his lightning.

That wasn't lightning, that's his finger nail laser Quirk.

Cloud to ground lightning is MHS+ in speed, that has no reason to scale to his other attacks and no one has ever reacted to his lightning.

That wasn't lightning, that's his finger nail laser Quirk.
No I’m pretty sure he made a lightning aura around him when he was being blitzed by Bakugou and deku

His lasers were pink. During the last sequence they literally change color because he ls morphing lightning with the lasers. To prove this we literally see him get an electric aura when before deku and Bakugou starts there barrage as well

I still have no idea what you're talking about, when did he morph lightning with his lasers?

Lightning speed isn't happening in MHA anytime soon. Hori took the longest time to even portray consistent supersonic feats let alone lightning speed. And unlike other mangaka, Hori has veered off lightning timing or Lightspeed feats even when characters have these quirks.

I still have no idea what you're talking about, when did he morph lightning with his lasers?
I’ma explain it again. Nines lasers were always purple, everytime there shown it’s purple, he morphed it into lightning after getting that final form. This was after deku and Bakugou dispersed the storm he literally says “I won’t let you get in my way ever” he then emits a lightning aura and has his laser change colors from purple to white.

Y'know Nine cannot just create lightning right?
You know in mha it’s stated that quirk evolutions are a thing. When absorbing that liquid to he could use his quirk at maximum capacity or a greater capacity. This let him control lightning hence why he had a literal lightning aura and changes his lasers to be mixed with lightning to boost their speed

You said "Quirk Evolution"; yep, that's a thing that exists.
But, you never explained how or why Nine underwent a Quirk Evolution, nor did you back up anything you said with evidence.
Oh, his lasers changed colors? They still functioned the same. And even then, being "powered by lightning" does not mean they are lightning speed.
He has an electric aura now? Who'll tell 'em about Full Cowl?

Also, the liquid in his life-support tube heals him after overexerting his abilities; y'know, because of the whole Quirk that destroys his own cells problem.

You said "Quirk Evolution"; yep, that's a thing that exists.
But, you never explained how or why Nine underwent a Quirk Evolution, nor did you back up anything you said with evidence.
Oh, his lasers changed colors? They still functioned the same. And even then, being "powered by lightning" does not mean they are lightning speed.

Also, the liquid in his life-support tube heals him after overexerting his abilities; y'know, because of the whole Quirk that destroys his own cells problem.
It’s clear that the liquid is what made him get powerful as well. It wasn’t jus to make him heal otherwise he would’ve used it during the beginning when he was first experiencing the heart problems. Hence why I said him being able to use his lightning in diff ways is seen as a quirk evolution something he had never done until that specific moment and that was only until the serum was absorbed. Why would his lasers not be seen as lightning speed if the man was
1. always capable of using lightning, cloud to ground
2. Had gotten a quirk evolution which allowed him to freely use lightning
3. Merge the lightning he could use now with his lasers to increase their speed when clearly before it wasn’t working.
Now finally on “Full cowl who’s gonna tell him”. When was it ever shown he had a electric aura other than that final moment, don’t try to use deku lightning effect on other characters to fuel ur agenda. The man had never been shown with that ever which proves my point more that it was a actual lightning from the quirk evolution. Even if not from the quirk evolution it was something he was always capable of doing ig.

1. always capable of using lightning, cloud to ground
Precisely; cloud to ground lightning. He had to draw in weather and summon lightning from the clouds.
2. Had gotten a quirk evolution which allowed him to freely use lightning
Please, can you provide actual evidence that he underwent an Awakening?
You also never provided evidence that he could "freely use lightning" either. If he could, he would probably use it to, ionno, electrocute the two.
3. Merge the lightning he could use now with his lasers to increase their speed when clearly before it wasn’t working.

Precisely; cloud to ground lightning. He had to draw in weather and summon lightning from the clouds.

Please, can you provide actual evidence that he underwent an Awakening?
You also never provided evidence that he could "freely use lightning" either. If he could, he would probably use it to, ionno, electrocute the two.
That’s the entire point he did all of this and the reason he couldn’t electrocute those 2 are because they overwhelmed him. Deku and Bakugou MHS+, if I could send pics I would’ve but on the phone they don’t allow you to.

... Why even bring up the movie lightning feat? It has nothing to do with this discussion, this thread would have been pretty straightforward if not for that.

Anyway, I agree with the revision, I don't see any reason why it couldn't be applied right now.

... Why even bring up the movie lightning feat? It has nothing to do with this discussion, this thread would have been pretty straightforward if not for that.

Anyway, I agree with the revision, I don't see any reason why it couldn't be applied right now.
Well, I think enough people have agreed at this point.

Is there any other character affected by this change that’s being left out?

I believe that should be everyone, and I'm fine with this being applied as soon as possible.

Back