• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia - Nine's reaction and Bakugo's speed

I want to discuss two similar feats from My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising

And then possibly a third feat that could be applied if we think those two are valid.
The first two gifs are slowed down. I can add the normal HD versions if requested.

If the Media don't appear on the site opening the links in incognito tends to work.

New uploads are below. Never had an issue with this before, but looks fine on my end. Let me know.

My question is if this is calculable and scalable, and possibly why it hasn't been used in the past.

All feats are in the same Imgur album here.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Explosion speeds vary greatly over small distance, and honestly I can't explain it all but read this thread.

Probably possible, but I don't think anyone has had the patience to do so.

Explosion speeds vary greatly over small distance, and honestly I can't explain it all but read this thread.

Probably possible, but I don't think anyone has had the patience to do so.
Understood, thank you.

If anyone is interested then, I'd recommend checking the first example, as it would be a lot less tedious if I understood the thread correctly.

Last edited:
Given Bakugou we likely could use the detonation velocity of a Solid explosion.
While they do reach 10300 m/s that seems like a bit of an stretch/wank, so it likely is just safer to use 4000 m/s (the lowest speed) or 3500 (the average between the top gas explosion speed and the lowest solid explosion speed) if you’re feeling extra cautious.

Though that’s probably the dumb part of my brain speaking again.

I'll try and see if I can get something. Though note since I don't know how explosion speed slow down works, I'm just going to use the 7700 m/s for a nitroglycerine detonation velocity. But I'll use 1400 m/s as an extreme low end, as that is the slowest explosion velocity I've been able to find. Unless someone can find a slower speed for a detonation. I'll also use the speed of sound, why? No reason other than I feel like it.

As we don't see any injure or marks on Nine's body, that means the explosion didn't touch him. Which means he was able to raise his arm and create that shield before the explosion could even reach his palm.

Note: This is the last frame from of Bakugo's attack before it becomes an actual explosion and not just flashy effects. As you can see Nine's arm isn't raised yet, so at the least he raised his hand and formed his shield at the same time Bakugo's explosion went off.

I have no idea if this is going to be correct, so no one gets your hopes up or anything. I'm just taking a random swing, this could be completely wrong.

I also have no idea how to find the distance Nine raised his arm, because I'm dumb like that.

I'll try and see if I can get something. Though note since I don't know how explosion speed slow down works, I'm just going to use the 7700 m/s for a nitroglycerine detonation velocity. But I'll use 1400 m/s as an extreme low end, as that is the slowest explosion velocity I've been able to find. Unless someone can find a slower speed for a detonation. I'll also use the speed of sound, why? No reason other than I feel like it.

As we don't see any injure or marks on Nine's body, that means the explosion didn't touch him. Which means he was able to raise his arm and create that shield before the explosion could even reach his palm.

Note: This is the last frame from of Bakugo's attack before it becomes an actual explosion and not just flashy effects. As you can see Nine's arm isn't raised yet, so at the least he raised his hand and formed his shield at the same time Bakugo's explosion went off.

I have no idea if this is going to be correct, so no one gets your hopes up or anything. I'm just taking a random swing, this could be completely wrong.

I also have no idea how to find the distance Nine raised his arm, because I'm dumb like that.
its looking good so far, (at least, from my dumb opinion) maybe just do a triangle with his arms lengths as sides A and B and do a hypotenuse?

Also, imo, i feel like the slowest explosion speed makes the most sense.
Simply because that’s Bakugou’s quirk, and explosions exceed the speed of sound all the time (they create shockwaves for that specific reason iirc).

its looking good so far, (at least, from my dumb opinion) maybe just do a triangle with his arms lengths as sides A and B and do a hypotenuse?
Does that gives me a "distance?" of 92.76 cm for his arm being raised. I used this calculator, and had his arm length as sides A and B.

Speed (7700 m/s) = 37104 m/s, or Mach 108.17 (Massively Hypersonic)

Speed (1400 m/s) = 7135 m/s, or Mach 20 (Hypersonic+)

Probably start bring this up to calc group members, before we continue on. Rather not make a blog if there is an issue I'm missing here, which is possible.

Last edited:
Does that gives me a "distance?" of 92.76 cm for his arm being raised. I used this calculator, and had his arm length as sides A and B.

Speed (7700 m/s) = 37104 m/s, or Mach 108.17 (Massively Hypersonic)

Speed (1400 m/s) = 7135 m/s, or Mach 20 (Hypersonic+)

Probably start bring this up to calc group members, before we continue on. Rather not make a blog if there is an issue I'm missing here, which is possible.
Yeah it does

I've already ask a calc group member about this, and link this thread.

So right now we're waiting. They usually know more about calcs, and are the ones who evaluate calcs.

Back