• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

All I can say is that the fan translations have gotten numbers wrong before, most recent ones being related to Machia as well. We should wait for the official release.

Also, is there a CRT or something about reactions/perception speed? I keep seeing calcs using 13ms but it's entirely different in the reactions page, where 13ms is Subsonic.

So latest chapter is out on Mangaseeonline, apparently Gigantomachia is going 100 Km per hour AKA 305.6 m/s, so yeah, that might mess with some things, but in general, it's nice to see we're finally getting Ochako vs Toga, which has been building up for forever
That statement on 100km per hour Machia is so weird I feel like people are gonna try downplay MHA speed with that this is why direct data like this should be avoided most of the time in a story

I'm almost 100% sure Machia isn't running at full speed unless people think some of the League on his back can even handle moving at such speeds with no protection. He's also moving moving while destroying stuff in a new larger form unlike MVA where he just booked it. I'm more surprised people thought he was moving at Mach speed. Do people think someone like Spinner or Skeptic or even Toga can handle high Mach speeds while just standing there on Machia's back and chatting around.

Anyway it's clear he travelled much faster in MVA than in here.

27.7 m/s is painfully slow, that's almost like the height of Gigantomachia himself, it's like a human moving at 1.77 meters per second, literally walking. This inconsistency is similar to how All Might struggled to travel 5 kilometers in 30 seconds, Hori should refrain from giving exact data like any other mangaka.

I'm going to assume that is not Giga's full speed due to the buildings, because otherwise it makes no sense.
I mean the AM feat isn’t even that bad it’s just not quantifiable since AFO says it took 30 seconds from the time he sent the Nomu and AM would’ve had to beat the Nomu, talk with Endeavor briefly then travel that 5km all in 30 seconds.

Bakugou cube feat again,
Small cube height = 11.88 m and 26.4px
Panel height: 545px
2*atan(object_size/(panel_height/tan(70/2))= 3.88526 degrees
Distance: 175.13m Which will be our minimum diameter for blast
Blast surface area: 24,088.56764 m^2
Cube surface area: 141.1344 m^2
Ratio: x170.678
Volume of cube: 1,676.67667m^3, or 1676676670 cm^3
Melting value of steel: 7,309.87 j/cc
Energy of 1 cube: 1.22562885E13 joules
Total blast energy: 2.09187881E15 joules or 500 Kilotons of TNT Large Town level

The 100 km/hr statement ended up being true.

We do also have another statement though, that Mirko and Hawks' travel speed is faster than a plane.

That's Bakugo's outlier feat I was talking about, though I don't know why you assumed he melted it.

The cruising speed of a commercial plane is 547 mph, or 244 m/s. The pilot did say that they were flying at top speed so it could be faster. Note: The slowest jet in the world is 120 mph or 53 m/s, though I doubt it's going that slow.

Last edited:
I also feel like that statement was the pilots way of saying Mirko and Hawks are the fastest Pro heroes in the case of Hawks this is obvious but in the case of Mirko it’s interesting
I mean because if she wasn’t saying they were the fastest then why refer to Them at all and not just say we’re not that fast so Mirko is definitely faster than Endeavor

Bakugou cube feat again,
Small cube height = 11.88 m and 26.4px
Panel height: 545px
2*atan(object_size/(panel_height/tan(70/2))= 3.88526 degrees
Distance: 175.13m Which will be our minimum diameter for blast
Blast surface area: 24,088.56764 m^2
Cube surface area: 141.1344 m^2
Ratio: x170.678
Volume of cube: 1,676.67667m^3, or 1676676670 cm^3
Melting value of steel: 7,309.87 j/cc
Energy of 1 cube: 1.22562885E13 joules
Total blast energy: 2.09187881E15 joules or 500 Kilotons of TNT Large Town level

Mega outlier town Level U.A. Beginnings Bakugo wouldn’t make any sense as the top 10 mostly have 8-A feats

So Mirko and Hawks are being compared to a plane in travel speed, while Machia is getting out sped by my grandmother when it’s bargain day.

Lmao
Hori and his weird speed statements this chapter

although in the case of the plane you could interpret what the pilot said “we aren’t like Mirko or Hawks” as the plane doesn’t compare to their speed at all

It pretty much implies that Hawks and Mirko would reach the destination faster than the plane does, hence they're faster. Also, anyone familiar with plane models that can confirm Jeanist's plane's speed? It looks kinda like the typical plane you'll see in action movies, if not a bit futuristic.

It pretty much implies that Hawks and Mirko would reach the destination faster than the plane does, hence they're faster. Also, anyone familiar with plane models that can confirm Jeanist's plane's speed? It looks kinda like the typical plane you'll see in action movies, if not a bit futuristic.
I can’t confirm the model but I remember reading up another Day that Military Cargo planes can reach Mach 0.87 Although I’m not the most sure I might try looking more into it also That plane does look quite futuristic it looks like something out of a marvel movie so I feel it’s likely faster than we think but we can’t quantify

Kind of a shame they weren’t in a Jet or something as then it could be decent enough supporting evidence since some of them can reach hypersonic speeds(But that’s fiber needed to be put somewhere and it’s quite obvious he’s Gonna try restrain Machia so he needed lots of it)

Last edited:
Honestly I'd be kinda disappointed if Jeanist was able to stop Machia by himself. I feel like it would undermine all the sacrifices everybody else has made just to try and stop him if Jeanist could do it on his own.

Honestly I'd be kinda disappointed if Jeanist was able to stop Machia by himself. I feel like it would undermine all the sacrifices everybody else has made just to try and stop him if Jeanist could do it on his own.
True although I do want it to look like Jeanist is actually putting up a fight against Machia like not a total stomping but ofc ending with Machia overpowering him
It would also Give Machia quantifiable Lifting strength since he’s currently unknown on that stat

So should we go ahead and make a CRT for all the changes that need to happen? Or is there more stuff that needs to be discussed first.

I believe we are good, so I shall do it, since I do have stuff I want to bring up there.

We can discuses more ratings that come up over there.

Vigilantes chapter is out. Not much feats to be seen, just O'Clock blitzing people as usual, and confirming that he just pretended to get KOed by Rappa.
There's also an implication that All For One is connected at underground fighting rings near the end. Mirko challenged everyone in the underground to a rumble.

Vigilantes chapter is out. Not much feats to be seen, just O'Clock blitzing people as usual, and confirming that he just pretended to get KOed by Rappa.
There's also an implication that All For One is connected at underground fighting rings near the end. Mirko challenged everyone in the underground to a rumble.
Yeah I also read the chapter quite a solid one

That's why a lot of threads don't use the numbers anymore, and this one shouldn't either.

Back