• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mumen Rider (One Punch Man) vs an Aarakocra (D&D)

During the last days, our beloved hero traces a possible wolf-level threat terrorizing the people from Z-City. Finally, he manage to find a bird-looking monster in the roof of a building, the enemy notices the hero, and immediately takes one of this javelin preparing for a attack, how will prevail in this conflict?

Speed equalized, regular Aarakocra key used, the Aarakocra has 16 of strength and 12 of intelligence, they start 30m apart

Mumen Rider upscales to 0.001 tons and the Aarakocra scales to ~0.0019 tons, SBA for the rest

Top C-class Hero:

Op Player Race: 5 (Tllmbrg, SamanPatou, Peppersalt43, Harit0cell, GlaceionGamez)

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Alright since I revised the Aarakocra page might as well comment here
OP should update the thread to say they're using first key

Advantages for Mumen Rider:
-More skilled in hand to hand combat
-Better LS so in case he gets a grapple the Aarakocra can't overpower him even assuming peak LS for the first key
-His pain tolerance means that if he gets a hold of the Aaracokra the latter likely can't force him to let go by using their natural weaponry to inflict harm

Adventages for Aarakocra:
-Higher AP and Durability, although not by a crazy amount but considering the Aarakocra uses a lot of sharp weapons it does mean every successful hit from it will draw a decent amount of blood
-Superior mobility, flight is just infinitely more useful than Mumen's leaping
-Superior range due to the javelins, and considering they're rather skilled in them (In 1e it is noted that they don't suffer any penalties for throwing stuff in the air unlike regular characters)
-Superior intelligence since SBA assumes best version of the character so the Aaracokra will be basically peak D&D human intelligence which would make them far better in terms of strategy I reckon
-Enhanced senses means Mumen can't really try to get the drop on the Aarakocra and hope to land a surprise attack
-Better weapons for melee such as talons and javelins

All in all say the Aarakocra is winning this like 9/10 times, with the 1 win Mumen gets is if the Aarakocra somehow blunders and misses all their shots and is forced to go in melee with Mumen and gets grappled and crushed to death.
Outside that Mumen gets sniped by the Aarakocra and bleeds to death

Last edited:
How many weapons does the bird get to carry? If it's dozens sure but I think Mumen'd be able to dodge or withstand a couple. He is also in a city so he could try hiding into a building though I'm not sure if that's fully in character.

How many weapons does the bird get to carry? If it's dozens sure but I think Mumen'd be able to dodge or withstand a couple. He is also in a city so he could try hiding into a building though I'm not sure if that's fully in character.
Six, also I kinda doubt stealth is really an option here considering the Aarokocra can fly which gives it a really good vantage point which alongside enhanced sight (which is compared to eagles, and is said to have 10 times human resolution) makes stealth kinda moot as an option imo
Plus I'm not sure how well Mumen dodge them, he doesn't seem that skilled in that regard but even assuming only a few javelins hit he'll eventually bleed to death since the Aarokcra can comfortably stay out of his range through flight

Last edited:
Six, also I kinda doubt stealth is really an option here considering the Aarokocra can fly which gives it a really good vantage point which alongside enhanced sight (which is compared to eagles, and is said to have 10 times human resolution) makes stealth kinda moot as an option imo
I'm not talking about stealth, it's more like, if he's in a building it can't really abuse range as effectively.
Plus I'm not sure how well Mumen dodge them, he doesn't seem that skilled in that regard but even assuming only a few javelins hit he'll eventually bleed to death since the Aarokcra can comfortably stay out of his range through flight
If they hit vital spots, I suppose.

I'm not talking about stealth, it's more like, if he's in a building it can't really abuse range as effectively.
I mean, Mumen in return can’t do shit as well considering his range is way shorter, and the Aarakocra wouldn’t really follow him into the building due to their innate claustrophobia so they’d just wait him out.
Mumen can’t really force the Aarakocra to a range that’s beneficial to him reliably, and the Aarakocra is way smarter than him so

I mean, Mumen in return can’t do shit as well considering his range is way shorter, and the Aarakocra wouldn’t really follow him into the building due to their innate claustrophobia so they’d just wait him out.
Mumen can’t really force the Aarakocra to a range that’s beneficial to him reliably, and the Aarakocra is way smarter than him so
Intelligence isn't a power levels thing, if neither can force the other out then the one with superior stamina would realistically edge that out.

Mind you obviously there's only a chance this happens at all, but once it does I don't think intelligence matters much more.

Eh I'm unsure how we'd handle a waiting game since neither side would really be exerting themselves and would in theory have access to ample food and water depending on where Mumen hides, also would Mumen really be the type to ideally sit waiting out the threat?
Off his page it seems like he's the type to rash into stuff even if it's really stupid, granted it seems to be a thing when he tries to protect people which isn't a thing in this battle but still

Idk tbh, other OPM guys might know better than I do, I've just consumed main series

Alright since I revised the Aarakocra page might as well comment here
OP should update the thread to say they're using first key

Advantages for Mumen Rider:
-More skilled in hand to hand combat
-Better LS so in case he gets a grapple the Aarakocra can't overpower him even assuming peak LS for the first key
-His pain tolerance means that if he gets a hold of the Aaracokra the latter likely can't force him to let go by using their natural weaponry to inflict harm

Adventages for Aarakocra:
-Higher AP and Durability, although not by a crazy amount but considering the Aarakocra uses a lot of sharp weapons it does mean every successful hit from it will draw a decent amount of blood
-Superior mobility, flight is just infinitely more useful than Mumen's leaping
-Superior range due to the javelins, and considering they're rather skilled in them (In 1e it is noted that they don't suffer any penalties for throwing stuff in the air unlike regular characters)
-Superior intelligence since SBA assumes best version of the character so the Aaracokra will be basically peak D&D human intelligence which would make them far better in terms of strategy I reckon
-Enhanced senses means Mumen can't really try to get the drop on the Aarakocra and hope to land a surprise attack
-Better weapons for melee such as talons and javelins

All in allI'd say the Aarakocra is winning this like 9/10 times, with the 1 win Mumen gets is if the Aarakocra somehow blunders and misses all their shots and is forced to go in melee with Mumen and gets grappled and crushed to death.
Outside that Mumen gets sniped by the Aarakocra and bleeds to death
Cool analysis!

To make things more clear let's assume a Aarakocra with 16 of strength and 10 of intelligence

Din't know about the claustrophobic stuff back when i created the thread, was also thinking that Mumen Rider could trick the bird creature into a building (Z-City is the area that Mumen Rider patrols, possibly since he has a teenager, so yeah, a minor vantage for him knowing the battlefield).

Eh I'm unsure how we'd handle a waiting game since neither side would really be exerting themselves and would in theory have access to ample food and water depending on where Mumen hides, also would Mumen really be the type to ideally sit waiting out the threat?
Off his page it seems like he's the type to rash into stuff even if it's really stupid, granted it seems to be a thing when he tries to protect people which isn't a thing in this battle but still

In character Mumen Rider would wait and endure things until until other heroes arrive, assuming no civil is in danger of course

I'd say Aarakockra FRA, the sole fact it has weapons and bodily weaponry vs a mildly skilled man armed only with his fists makes a great difference, and the Ara can also stay out of rage both on foot and in the air, let alone it being able to throw the javelin.

Back